cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

And what good is 'buyer feedback"  very misleading since you cant leave them negatives anymore.  At the very least they should have their 'non payments' visible so the seller can be aware

Message 136 of 327
latest reply

dos no one really read and understand how this ebay stuff works?.... too many of these same old questions of issues and procedures, fees, etc...that should be known, and understood...

why is it such a suprise to sellers ....EBAY SIte = eby poliy and procedures...

site map  --at bottom of page. topics to learn read through... near bottom HELP A-Z pick a topic

Message 137 of 327
latest reply

I buy often and sell on occasion best to put buyer pays return shipping and if its certain items no refund unless... (whatever in your type of selling) knowing that the buyer may request a refund or open a case
Most buyers are not scammers and also try to answer all messages asap
Message 138 of 327
latest reply

Im saying a buyer can say anything about the item. Im not selling junk and if i was i would list it as junk. If i list a item with a HD drive in it. The buyer takes it out and returns it all damaged. How is it that i sold junk? Buyers can do anything and everything. I just take tons of photos and files reports. Ebay watches them but it takes a lot to kick them out of ebay

Message 139 of 327
latest reply

I had a case that was intially decided against me. The buyer was a repeat offender.(I had blocked but the buyer got through) They decided vs me and then on appeal I won. The item was already on its way back to me but EBay refunded me. Thank God it only happened once.

Message 140 of 327
latest reply

There are many contradictory happenings in eBay. EBay will naturally side with the buyer because it is the buyer who makes eBay work. I sell on Kijiji and buy on eBay. Between the fees and the delay in getting paid, it is a wonder anybody actually sells on eBay. Between eBay and PayPal, we know who is making the real money. Ebay is designed for the heavy hitter, with huge inventory of small items and an automated process to sell. It doesn't favour the little guy who sells big items every so often. Use specific community selling services like USAudiomart, Canuadiomart, Photo.net, and other similar services. 

Message 141 of 327
latest reply

Maybe read the license agreement next time.

Message 142 of 327
latest reply

there is none. it's a joke. i'm fighting them over someone claimed "doesn;t fit" THEN "buyers remorse" THEN now it "doesn't work" i've been calling ebay on this person obviously LYING they still want me to accept the return LOL
Message 143 of 327
latest reply

yeah ain't that the truth. They don't care about the sellers, who in turn keep this business running. Too bad there's no other places to sell stuff right ? LOL!!!!!!!

Message 144 of 327
latest reply

OMG SO TRUE SAD
Message 145 of 327
latest reply

@bosshoggcdogg wrote:
there is none. it's a joke. i'm fighting them over someone claimed "doesn;t fit" THEN "buyers remorse" THEN now it "doesn't work" i've been calling ebay on this person obviously LYING they still want me to accept the return LOL

@bosshoggcdogg  Hi, boss...I am confused ~ your listings say that you accept returns for 30 days, so why didn't you accept the "doesn't fit" return?

...and by the way, you are abusing the "returns accepted" search placement perk by stating in your listing that:

-Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns all sales final, parts as-is. 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 146 of 327
latest reply

This is not such simple. Returns maybe easy used to stole from sellers. For example you sold some photo camera, buyer claimed NAD case (not working), and sent you his old not working camera. Trust me, it will be very hard to won this case.   Returns is normal policy for brand new items, but not working well for used items.

Stricty saying buyer and seller are equal partners, exchanging values : one sending money, another sending item.  But for some reason buyer may decide to reverse transaction, and seller not. Once again - most people are honest, but if you selling expensive items you maybe easy target to return scams.

Message 147 of 327
latest reply

you are lucky he returned working ipad 

Message 148 of 327
latest reply

I have the same problem but worse because the funny buyer return an item that wasn't the item I  shipped to him. EBay kidnapping my money and in addition of that they charge me the shipping return label. I really disappointed with eBay  this show a lack of professionalism from EBay.

Message 149 of 327
latest reply

This is clearly a RACKET that was recently contrived to protect eBay's liability in their new "Buyer Protection Guatantee". What better way to do it than to side with the buyer and FORCE the seller to accept the return?

Okay, here's how they do it.

This happened to me just this morning on a used item that I sold at a bargain price: a $2,000 Acoustic Revive Power conditioner (basically, an elaborately built 2-plug outlet) for $415. The item was clearly marked "No returns". I also offered Free Shipping. After the buyer received the item and tried it out on his system, he (probably) found it did not yield the sonic benefits he expected. Solution? Declare the product "defective" and request a refund. [NB: The item was listed with multiple photos, and was in perfect working order when shipped.]

But that, obviously, is not the eBay racket to which I referred above (this is merely a dishonest buyer trying to cheat the seller).

Now, here's how eBay screwed me: The moment the buyer requested the return, eBay sent me an email advising me of the request. Okay, fair enough. Now, here's where the racket kicks in: eBay's notification email contained only ONE linked button: "View return status".

The moment I clicked it, it automatically triggered "Buyer Accepted Return" in my account, and sent a confirmation email to the buyer of my "acceptance"!!!!! The only other option available to me: "Issue return shipping label"!!

I called eBay and told them emphatically that I had NOT accepted the return. The rep's response: "You must have clicked the wrong button. Sorry this cannot be reversed." I tried my best to explain that Im a 15-year eBay veteran, and that there was NO OTHER BUTTON I COULD HAVE CLICKED! It all fell on deaf ears.

CAUTION TO ALL SELLERS: This was not a rare instance, or an 'accident'. I now see it is an response INTENTIONALLY rigged into eBay's sytem to avoid any hassles they'll likely encounter with irate buyers demanding that eBay's "buyer protection guarantee" be honored.

My advice: Should sellers ever find themselves in a similar situation, DO NOT CLICK the "VIEW RETURN STATUS" button oN eBAY's NOTIFICATION EMAIL! If you do, you will automatically b AGREEING to accept the return.

This devious, unscrpulous, fraudulent practice begs to be exposed! 

Message 150 of 327
latest reply