cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

I SOLD A COUPLE ITEMS TO A BUYER, BOTH OF THEM EXACTLY THE SAME THE GUY SAID THEY WERE DIFFERENT AND RETURNED THEM , BUT HE SWITCHED ON OF THEM WITH HIS JUNK, SO I REFUSED TO REFUND AND THEY OPENED A CASE WHICH OF COURSE EBAY SIDED WITH THEM. THEY FLAT SCREWED ME OVER - PLAIN AS DAY AND EBAY GAVE THEM BACK THE MONEY, A SLAP IN MY FACE!! YOU WOULD THINK GETTING ALL THESE FEES THEY WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE SELLER BETTER

Message 121 of 327
latest reply

AND NOT THE ONLY TIME- AND IF YOU FIGHT IT 'YOU' GET PUNISHED
Message 122 of 327
latest reply

Looks like you need your cap lock button fixed.
If you have a problem with a buyer come to the community for help.
Never reply to feedback while angry 😡.
Some days are rough, but nothing that you need to get a heartattack over.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 123 of 327
latest reply

Ebay makes the seller responsible for everything... They only protect buyers and criminals. I "sold" a perfectly good $500 guitar... the buyer decided he paid too much... sent it back. I paid $80 for this guy to "try out" the guitar and then send it back. I filed a case with ebay.. of course they told me to pound sand.

I asked to have my eBay account closed... they don't even acknowledge the request by e-mail. And you have to wait 30-days (one billing cycle) before they close the account. Don't need these kinds of headaches. I am trying to simply my life.... don't need eBay anymore.

Message 124 of 327
latest reply

You are absolutely right - no return mean almost nothing, buyer always may return item even if his excuses based on nothing. I just sad "almost" because if you declare no return it will be short negotiation with not as described case (that you have no chance to won), then you will be forced to accept return. Accepting return in you listing mean "hassles" that mean automatic return.
Keep in mind that most effective and buyers fraud based on return (fake return, return different item, return fake item vs original etc). Keep in mind, Ebay not on you side. They do nothing, it is just program based on basic statistics, and they took statistically safe side. Be careful selling expensive stuff, because you are technically NOT PROTECTED from experienced fraudster buyers.
Message 125 of 327
latest reply

I have a different issue. Ebay did closed the case for me and said that buyer lost the case on Ebay, but what the buyer did he went to the paypal and made a claim through the paypal to return the item and get his money back.
long story short all three items I sold wast bought by psychology students and I they said they use it for some sort of assignment. all three of the tried to return after the week saying that they made a mistake when purchasing and they do not need it. All three cases was closed by Ebay. But this last one ,as I mentioned before went to paypall and opened a claim through paypall. Any advise how to deal with that will be welcomed. thanks!
Message 126 of 327
latest reply

You can let PayPal know that ebay decided in your favor and take screenshots of your messages with the buyer. Enter that into the PayPal case, before you call. The buyer would have to pay return shipping(most of the time) if they decide with the buyer.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 127 of 327
latest reply

to me no refunds mean NO REFUNDS

Maybe ebay needs a boot in the ass to force a policy change

Message 128 of 327
latest reply

@junkbandits wrote:
to me no refunds mean NO REFUNDS

Maybe ebay needs a boot in the ass to force a policy change

@junkbandits If I understand your post correctly, you are suggesting that eBay remove their Money Back Guarantee for NAD (not as described) which would allow a seller to send a broken or non functioning item to a buyer and then leave the buyer with no recourse ~ in other words "Buyer Beware"?

As a buyer, I would never buy anything from a seller that didn't offer returns.  It's one thing to purchase an item at a brick and mortar location with a no return policy, although those policies are far and few between in this day and age ~ and quite another thing to make your purchase online with only a description and pictures to describe your purchase.  Not being able to examine the item beforehand makes a huge difference in the comfort level of a potential buyer.

As a seller I offer a 30 day return policy which shows a potential buyer that I stand behind the products that I sell.  Is there buyer abuse of the return system...absolutely, as there is in any venue and is part of the risk of selling on-line.  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 129 of 327
latest reply

well i know a few people who have broken items bought a new one on ebay and returned the broken item to te seller saying thats how the seller shipped it to them.  ebay sided with the buyer and screwed the seller

it works both ways

Message 130 of 327
latest reply

Congratulation! You have just learned one of the main rules when dealing with returns. There is no such thing as a seller enforced no return policy here. Many use it because they feel it will prevent some from starting a return, and maybe it works, but if a buyer wants a return, they are going to get it. It's just good business practice, and you should always honor a return request. Best to you.

Message 131 of 327
latest reply

there is insurance when product is mailed usps ,i know because i had to send things back to seller an delivery was **bleep** and that depends where you live but i was able to recuperate the loss and the seller did not have to return me my money after i closed when i found out about what happened so bull get insurance and in some cases if the value is low its free..........
Message 132 of 327
latest reply

I DONT MIND WHEN PEOPLE RETURN AS LONG AS THEY PAY FOR AT LEAST 1 SHIPPING BUT ON EBAY ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT THE BUYER SAID ABOUT THE PRODUCT. IF HE SAID NOT AS DESCRIBE YOU/SELLER IS THE LOOSER ALSO ANY BUYER CAN BUY A PRODUCT AND RETURN THEIR OLD UNDERWEAR TO YOU AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT. EBAY TAKES BUYERS SIDE BECAUSE BUYER TO THEM HAS MORE VALUE AND ALSO THEY DONT LOOSE ANY MONEY. I SELL CLOTHES AND HAVE 3% RETURNS RATE OVER 1000'S SOLD. NEW AND USED !!! WITHIN LAST YEAR I START SELLING MORE EXPENSIVE AND LESS PROBLEMATIC CAR PARTS BUT MY RETURN RATE IS 15% ON THAT. EVERYBODY CLAIM IT CAME DAMAGE AND RETURN THEIR OLD PARTS. THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT OTHER THEN STOP SELLING ON EBAY. EBAY CARE LESS ABOUT MY PROBLEMS. BECAUSE OF THAT I HAD TO SHIFT FOCUS OF MAKING MONEY ELSE WHERE. I BUY MINIMUM ON EBAY ONLY BECAUSE EBAY FORGOT THAT IM NOT JUST SELLER BUT ALSO BUYER. AND IM SELLING OFF ALL MY ITEMS. NEVER SEND NOTHING THROUGH EBAY YOU NOT WILLING TO LOOSE !!!

Message 133 of 327
latest reply

I DONT MIND WHEN PEOPLE RETURN AS LONG AS THEY PAY FOR AT LEAST 1 SHIPPING BUT ON EBAY ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT THE BUYER SAID ABOUT THE PRODUCT. IF HE SAID NOT AS DESCRIBE YOU/SELLER IS THE LOOSER ALSO ANY BUYER CAN BUY A PRODUCT AND RETURN THEIR OLD UNDERWEAR TO YOU AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT. EBAY TAKES BUYERS SIDE BECAUSE BUYER TO THEM HAS MORE VALUE AND ALSO THEY DONT LOOSE ANY MONEY. I SELL CLOTHES AND HAVE 3% RETURNS RATE OVER 1000'S SOLD. NEW AND USED !!! WITHIN LAST YEAR I START SELLING MORE EXPENSIVE AND LESS PROBLEMATIC CAR PARTS BUT MY RETURN RATE IS 15% ON THAT. EVERYBODY CLAIM IT CAME DAMAGE AND RETURN THEIR OLD PARTS. THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT OTHER THEN STOP SELLING ON EBAY. EBAY CARE LESS ABOUT MY PROBLEMS. BECAUSE OF THAT I HAD TO SHIFT FOCUS OF MAKING MONEY ELSE WHERE. I BUY MINIMUM ON EBAY ONLY BECAUSE EBAY FORGOT THAT IM NOT JUST SELLER BUT ALSO BUYER. AND IM SELLING OFF ALL MY ITEMS. NEVER SEND NOTHING THROUGH EBAY YOU NOT WILLING TO LOOSE !!!

Message 134 of 327
latest reply

Amen, we sold a iPad mini brand new!!!  The buyer messaged sayting " he found a better deal" so we fought it,  he bought it and we shipped it asap, he received it within a few days , and ebay made us take it back!!!  Nothing wrong with it, her just "found a better deal"  We are NOT walmart!!

Message 135 of 327
latest reply