cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole my money

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - WTF?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.   Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Ebay stole my money

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well. well, well., sad but true, the members complaining almost without exception shot  themselves in the foot and caused their situation!

Message 31 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Before I started selling anything I had a $90 account fee which is bizzare & I couldnt get money back for items that were never paid for by buyers which I am at a loss of about $80. This is a joke & I feel ebay have really let me down...

Message 32 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

............  ?  ...............

Maybe the Australian boards could be of help 

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 33 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Ebay stole Over $400.00 from me, I has a jerk first claim I didnt send a part then when I proved it he said it was not any good.

So I agreed to take the part back and would refund his money , Ebay took the money and I never got the part so I am screwed all over and ebay could care less.

They suck!!!!

Message 34 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

If you learned how eBay works you could have avoided this....or at least got your item back.

Message 35 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

hello. I was selling an item on ebay in early march. The payment was never sent from the buyer. He was out of state and under my description was local pickup only. Me and the buyer sent emails back and forth and the transaction was concluded as canceled. No one lost sleep over it i can guarentee. No disputes in other words. Come 30 days later i noticed a $98.25 taken straight from ebay out of my account. Sellers fee!!!!  the transaction was canceled and the buyer never even sent money. In response to my claim they told me their policy is to "process" 2-30 days. You have got to be kidding. How can you take money without looking at the transaction history? the inconvenience of their wrong doing caused me and my family to go broke and borrow money for gas to get to work. While they go unprofessionally about their business i suffered. I WAS TOLD TO WAIT 2-30 DAYS.  How long did it take to withdraw my money? a click of a button!

@baydealz wrote:

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - **bleep**?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.  Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

At the same time my bills were wrote out in checks which could bounce if money wasnt borrowed. Ebay says nothing we can do! We need to take businesses that abuse their rights down and not go quietly. What can I do?

Message 36 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

Hi, wsicrafters ~ Not sure I understand exactly what happened or why you have quoted the other posters ~ next time you have a question, it would be best to start a new thread, so you won't slip through the cracks.

It sounds like you never closed the case, therefore you didn't get your FVFs returned ~ is that what happened?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 37 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

I had someone win a case saying the $40 Marmot jacket isn't Gortex. So ebay refunded myoney and closed the case. The buyer still hast jacket. So he gets to keep both? I have 100% positive feedback. But I got screwed?!
Message 38 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

@lesleyheat wrote:
I had someone win a case saying the $40 Marmot jacket isn't Gortex. So ebay refunded myoney and closed the case. The buyer still hast jacket. So he gets to keep both? I have 100% positive feedback. But I got screwed?!

How did you reply to the case?

Did eBay take the money from your PayPal account? Did they bill you $40?

Message 39 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

I don't see your photo of the gortex label ????????

Message 40 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

yeah ebay gave this guy 290.00 dollors back because the post office was slow in delieving the package and so now the package was sent finally to him and ebay would not give me the money back.so now hes got the wiiu and his money back and the guy was zero  and im 100 percent pos

Message 41 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

I totally understand!  I changed my Ebay settings to stop selling out of the country due to slow delivery and damaged packages.  The following day a buyer purchased an item from me Buy it Now and she lived out of the country!  The item was $19.99 free ship.  I calculated the shipping to ROTA and it was over $13.00.  I could have told her that it was damaged and refunded the money - BUT I wanted to be an honest seller and I shipped the item and paid the $13.00 shipping costs.  Three weeks later the tracking showed it was last in California.  She opened a case and wanted her money back.  EBAY TOOK THE $19.99 FROM MY ACCOUNT AND GAVE IT BACK TO HER!  I called USPS and was told that MANY SCAMMERS IN THESE ISLANDS DO THIS.  THEY KNOW IT TAKES ABOUT A MONTH TO ARRIVE - SO THEY CONTACT EBAY -- GET THEIR MONEY BACK - AND THEN THE PACKAGE ARRIVES AND THEY GET TO KEEP IT!  The tracking shows today that the package is available for pick-up in ROTA.  I called Ebay and they said they can do nothing and WILL NOT RETURN MY MONEY.  WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND GET A GOOD ATTY TO TEACH THEM A LESSON!

Message 42 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

@sjct0058 wrote:

I totally understand!  I changed my Ebay settings to stop selling out of the country due to slow delivery and damaged packages.  The following day a buyer purchased an item from me Buy it Now and she lived out of the country!  The item was $19.99 free ship.  I calculated the shipping to ROTA and it was over $13.00.  I could have told her that it was damaged and refunded the money - BUT I wanted to be an honest seller and I shipped the item and paid the $13.00 shipping costs.  Three weeks later the tracking showed it was last in California.  She opened a case and wanted her money back.  EBAY TOOK THE $19.99 FROM MY ACCOUNT AND GAVE IT BACK TO HER!  I called USPS and was told that MANY SCAMMERS IN THESE ISLANDS DO THIS.  THEY KNOW IT TAKES ABOUT A MONTH TO ARRIVE - SO THEY CONTACT EBAY -- GET THEIR MONEY BACK - AND THEN THE PACKAGE ARRIVES AND THEY GET TO KEEP IT!  The tracking shows today that the package is available for pick-up in ROTA.  I called Ebay and they said they can do nothing and WILL NOT RETURN MY MONEY.  WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND GET A GOOD ATTY TO TEACH THEM A LESSON!

Uh, no, you need to learn how to prevent persons from outside the USA from buying your items.  If you use buy it now and "immediate payment required", and if you have your settings here at eBay to sell only to the US, AND your setting at Paypal to "only accept payment from sellers in countries I sell to", Then, even if someone outside the US tries to buy your item, Paypal will not let them pay for it and so your item stays listed and they can't end your listing no matter what they do.  Problem solved, and no attorney needed.  There are a couple threads here that explain how to set your listings and your accounts up in very good detail in order to keep people outside the US from bidding on/buying your items.... this is a subject that has come up AND been answered multiple times in this very forum. 

Message 43 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

One more time, for the patient with the self inflicted wound.

From an old thread, but still relevent...

@hondamedic wrote:

Don't want to hassle with Customs Forms, slow shipping complaints, INR (Item Not Recieved) because there's no DC (Delivery Confirmation) on the shipping method the buyer insists you use or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) and buyer won't return due to cost of S&H that you had to pay to get it there & you lost money on?

There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu. Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row. Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit. Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US. Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply. See below.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit. Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship. Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings. If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page. Under My Selling ToolsGetting paid and managing my riskBlock payments Update . Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold: and Block payments from sellers: Have non-US PayPal Account (See Below.). Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save. Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level.

and...

hope it helps, good luck.

Message 44 of 91
latest reply

Ebay stole my money

lmao Ebay really doesn't give a **bleep** about any of the sellers, this happened to me with one of my items

Message 45 of 91
latest reply