cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m04/i05/s05

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

Heads  up -- every time somebody posts a new thread here about the Spring 2016 update, it gets moved over to the special discussion board, where it looks weirdly out of context.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/bd-p/2016SpringSellerUpdate

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Re: Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

@bradandamber wrote:

eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m04/i05/s05

Thanks They released the seller update earlier today heres the board with questions

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/bd-p/2016SpringSellerUpdate

And here is the update with all the information
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/index.html

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Ebay is the only place that comes off a bad year and is still facing declining sales for the 1st quarter of 2016 while watching their share prices decline, and still has the nerve to raise prices. LOL  I guess they just do not quite grasp the damage they have done to their own name and site.

Can you image the strategy meeting. O.K. guys, we've run off a bunch of sellers, so what if they were buyers too. We have become the mecca for thieves and scam artists. We have thrown American sellers under the bus in favor of foreign sellers. We have no idea why everyone else on the internet is experiencing record sales, while ours are declining. We'll have to make up the difference, so all of us can rake in millions in take home pay and stock options. How do we do that now that we have no sales? I know what we'll do. We'll charge more. Yeah we're worth a higher price. Sellers really should be paying more to be hidden behind foreign sellers, not found in our broken search, and have their inventory given away to scam artists. 

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

So does a seller like me have to pay a monthly fee??

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Finally! Some differentiation in Wigs, Extensions & Supplies!

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

@graciejoy wrote:

Ebay is the only place that comes off a bad year and is still facing declining sales for the 1st quarter of 2016 while watching their share prices decline, and still has the nerve to raise prices. LOL  I guess they just do not quite grasp the damage they have done to their own name and site.

Can you image the strategy meeting. O.K. guys, we've run off a bunch of sellers, so what if they were buyers too. We have become the mecca for thieves and scam artists. We have thrown American sellers under the bus in favor of foreign sellers. We have no idea why everyone else on the internet is experiencing record sales, while ours are declining. We'll have to make up the difference, so all of us can rake in millions in take home pay and stock options. How do we do that now that we have no sales? I know what we'll do. We'll charge more. Yeah we're worth a higher price. Sellers really should be paying more to be hidden behind foreign sellers, not found in our broken search, and have their inventory given away to scam artists. 

That is EXACTLY why they are raising PRICES, if they can NOT show SALES increases ,they have to show Wall Street some type of INCOME!

They are banking on not having a mass exodus, and the new rate structure will show up black on the bottom line...

They are banking that we are lemmings ,and will follow them OFF the CLIFF, and they are probably right,at least for the near future...

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

So, for those of us on the yearly plan for our stores, will the new fees go into effect immediately, or do we continue paying the monthly $15.95 as per the contract we entered into with eBay, until it is renewal time.

And if they change it immediately, will those on the yearly plan be able to terminate it with no penalty?

No matter what, once I am paying the new rate, I will most likely be shutting down one of my stores.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Hey!  You know that venue that has lower sales than it used to? They're raising prices on listings! ...

It's like asking someone to pay more for a stock in an under-performing business.  Where is the logic?

It seems more and more businesses today are "punishing" existing customers to make-up for losses.

Jan 2016:

Shares in eBay tumbled more than 12 per cent in after-market trading after the online retailer reported disappointing sales for the holiday period, partly because of the effects of a strong dollar.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

heh, Amazon raised FBA fees, Ebay has to follow along somehow.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Wow! My anchor store subscription is going to go from $180 to $299!! You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! But 10,000 listings? That's ridiculous, I don't need that many. Nice they up'd premium to 1,000 listings and 500 auctions though. But for $79. Can I downgrade my store with no additional fee?
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

on_isle9
Trailblazer

My only hope is they over order all that packing stuff.

Then when they get mad people are not buying it, they sell it at a loss on ebay, so we can return it without question. lol

Less items for everyone to see..
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

More or less you are saying the truth.
Less items for everyone to see..
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

looks like you start getting the new listing allotments may 1st.  New store fees start may 6th. So they are not waiting till your subscription is up. But they are giving until June 4th to cancel or change your store subsciprtion without penalty.

Wonder if this shipping supply coupon will be worth it. It could offset the increase at least for basic stores.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

@points13 wrote:

Wonder if this shipping supply coupon will be worth it. It could offset the increase at least for basic stores.

If nothing else, I'll get some padded mailers. I can ALWAYS use those. So what if they're Ebay branded--I'll just stick my own branded sticker over Ebay if it's not plastered all over the darn thing lol

As a basic store I appreciate the extra 50 fixed price listings. Not sure what I'm going to do with 150 extra fashion/collectible auctions, since in a busy auction month I might use ten Smiley Frustrated

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 15 of 38
latest reply