cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m04/i05/s05

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

I have the same question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nowthatsjustducky wrote:

So, for those of us on the yearly plan for our stores, will the new fees go into effect immediately, or do we continue paying the monthly $15.95 as per the contract we entered into with eBay, until it is renewal time.

And if they change it immediately, will those on the yearly plan be able to terminate it with no penalty?

No matter what, once I am paying the new rate, I will most likely be shutting down one of my stores.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

@graciejoy wrote:

Ebay is the only place that comes off a bad year and is still facing declining sales for the 1st quarter of 2016 while watching their share prices decline, and still has the nerve to raise prices. LOL  I guess they just do not quite grasp the damage they have done to their own name and site.

Can you image the strategy meeting. O.K. guys, we've run off a bunch of sellers, so what if they were buyers too. We have become the mecca for thieves and scam artists. We have thrown American sellers under the bus in favor of foreign sellers. We have no idea why everyone else on the internet is experiencing record sales, while ours are declining. We'll have to make up the difference, so all of us can rake in millions in take home pay and stock options. How do we do that now that we have no sales? I know what we'll do. We'll charge more. Yeah we're worth a higher price. Sellers really should be paying more to be hidden behind foreign sellers, not found in our broken search, and have their inventory given away to scam artists. 

Perfectly said.

Weinig said 2 years ago that the Chinese were going to be the big Sellers for Ebay in the future and now that he is the CEO he is going to make sure that happens.  Only problem, he forgot that they don't buy also, they only sell.  Now that so many sellers who are also buyers are going to be packing up shop or lowering their listings as sales, does he have a clue what them is going to mean for Ebays bottom line??

I really wish these executives that Ebay continues to hire would have to have some type of REAL Ecommerce Experience, like running their own PROFITABLE business before being allowed to take over the reins of Ebays.  Well I guess their is one bright side to all of this, as the stock price continues to fall, Ebay will become more and more ripe for a takeover by another company, maybe one that understands how to run the type of business that Ebay is.  This is not Amazon, it is a glorified Flea Market and that is what has led to its success and huge growth all these years, but the new MBA'ers egos cannot handle being in charge of that type of a business, so they try and change what was once a very successful model.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@valley*valley wrote:

I have the same question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

So, for those of us on the yearly plan for our stores, will the new fees go into effect immediately, or do we continue paying the monthly $15.95 as per the contract we entered into with eBay, until it is renewal time.

And if they change it immediately, will those on the yearly plan be able to terminate it with no penalty?

No matter what, once I am paying the new rate, I will most likely be shutting down one of my stores.

The new rates go into effect on May 6, 2016 and will be prorated for that month.  Part of the contract you agreed to was that they could change the price and terms at any time and they have chosen to do so.  Since they are changing the terms you have until June 4th to cancel your store or lower the sstatus without incurring the termination penalty.  If you do it after that, you will incur the early termination penalties mentioned in the contract.

Hope that helps.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

Yup, my Anchor Store monthly fees will be going through the ceiling as well, even though my sales have dropped 75% since March 2015.

And, even though eBay is attempting to sweeten the deal by raising my free listings from 2500 to 10,000, the reality is that it took me 5 years to be able to reach 2500 listings (replenishing items along the way as they sold down, of course -- so about 7500 total listings in 5 years).  But let's get real -- I'm just about to trip over that "70 year old brick," and I can't see myself selling on eBay into my 80s and 90s.

Fortunately, my Anchor Store subscription ends on April 30, 2016 -- and I'll gladly drop my Anchor Store and go back to being a Premium Store.  I've been wavering back and forth on this choice for several months; but eBay just made my decision much easier for me, by raising my store fees $120.00 a month.

I won't let the door on that Anchor Store  slap me in my keister on the way out. . ..

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

... it took me 5 years to be able to reach 2500 listings ... Fortunately, my Anchor Store subscription ends on April 30, 2016 -- and I'll gladly drop my Anchor Store and go back to being a Premium Store....  eBay just made my decision much easier for me, by raising my store fees $120.00 a month.... ..

For $120 ( 2 x $59.95), you can have two IDs with stores and a total of 2,000 fixed price insertions.

BTW, eBay is allowing sellers to drop their subscriptions with no  early-terminaion fees up until June 4.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Well, maybe 2 stores @ 1000 would be easier, I dunno.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Sellers Lives Matter!   Its a lot of risk with little reward.     China stores it's junk at your house & eBay makes the $.  Your being hosed..

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
Wow! My anchor store subscription is going to go from $180 to $299!! You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! But 10,000 listings? That's ridiculous, I don't need that many. Nice they up'd premium to 1,000 listings and 500 auctions though. But for $79. Can I downgrade my store with no additional fee?

Yes, you can downgrade without penalty til June 4 IIRC - check the update to make sure.

Your anchor store entitles you to dedicated customer care as of June 4 - again, check the update to make sure. That price jump is particularly attributable to human cost of providing customer service.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 38 of 38
latest reply