cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Message 2 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Message 1 of 74
latest reply

I'm in Brimfield, Ma...and thankfully, we didn't get the 8-10 inches they were forecasting...

It's still bitter cold out there...but I'm seeing only 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Message 3 of 74
latest reply

18 degrees and icy here in DC area, vry cold for this place, very little traffic due to icy streets.  I really wanted to get in to work today, too, hired a machine shop to slice up some de-militarized cannon barrels into donuts which we sell as paperweights, need to get the barrels delivered to them.  Well they're probably not working today either.

*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 4 of 74
latest reply

Here in London, we have thunder, hail, lightning and pitch black skies. I'm waiting for the plague of locusts.

Message 5 of 74
latest reply

Bev, that looks best viewed from the inside! brrrrrrrrrr

Owned, it looks like you are already having the floods part!

Dang, the weather has been nasty the last few years.

“Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin
Message 6 of 74
latest reply

WOW, you all!  Stay as warm and safe as you can.

I woke up to an email asking if they could borrow my dog and sled.  I don't have a sled and my dog doesn't even behave on a leash.  So, I guess if they don't mind being dragged as the sled behind an unruly dog, they are welcome to her. 

Just plain Sue.
Message 7 of 74
latest reply

Beautiful snow pics - cold looking at it. 

Message 8 of 74
latest reply

We got about ten inches over night here in South Jersey. Now the skies are a brilliant azure blue and the mercury is dropping like a rock. About 15 degrees (f.) and goin' down. It's supposed to hit zero tonight. I've got the woodshed stocked and a fireplace begging for fire, hot cocoa and plenty of grub. We're snug as a bug in a rug and natures crystaline beauty beckons right outside the window. I can't wait to go play in the white stuff.

I love winter!Smiley Very Happy

Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.

Don

Message 9 of 74
latest reply

You all stay safe. The storm dropped about 5" of snow here night before last. It is sunny but bitter cold today and getting colder. They are predicting a high of -8 on monday and down to -14 as the low. This is real temperature predictions not wind chill figures Man Surprised  I can't remember how long it has been since we have had days that cold here. This is a good 30 degrees lower than our norm. 

Be sure to look your gift horse in the mouth when receiving help.
Message 10 of 74
latest reply

Hope all you easterners stay warm and cozy.

It's either feast or famine isn't it.

We're looking at the second week of 65 degree weather.

Haven't had rain since Oct., although we had snow in Nov. which we don't usually get.  Other than that it has been warm and sunny in the foothills of CA.

Expect to read about our water rationing later this year.  Maybe one of you enterprising people can figure how sell snow and water on ebay this summer, when we in CA are craving it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I do not claim to be an expert.
I know a lot about everything, and nothing about anything.

It is your responsibility to verify anything I say, before using or repeating it.

The more I learn about some people, the more I like my cats.

Message 11 of 74
latest reply

WOW.I watched the NEWS this AM and feel so sorry for all you folks back East 😞 BURRRRRRR~Be safe and warm.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 74
latest reply

typical midwest weather

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 13 of 74
latest reply

the weather is mostly nasty in Colorado no matter what, the proof is in the pudin

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 14 of 74
latest reply

Well, at least most of you had electricity over the Christmas holidays -- much of Toronto didn't! But "bitterly" cold back east for sure. I think Don has the right plan! Got marshmallows for that hot chocolate? Don't think I'll tell you that the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and it's 5C here (41F) which is rather nice...a bit chilly, but a brisk walk warms you up fast! 😉
Message 15 of 74
latest reply