cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

The complaints are being removed !!
Message 556 of 701
latest reply

I agree, you see whats going on I think a lot of buyers know that, but what do you do?
Message 557 of 701
latest reply

I closed my account yesterday, I will never do business with eBay again or recommend anyone use their services, especially to making a purchase too many scammers.

Message 558 of 701
latest reply

I agree, they are smart and they have help with these scams but they will get caught sooner or later. Maybe sooner than they think!!
Message 559 of 701
latest reply

Sellers are more involved with eBay by profession; buyers have to do very little on the technical side to make purchases. So it wouldn't be unusual if many buyers weren't even aware of eBay's community features in the first place.

I can attest to having been defrauded and treated poorly by the occasional seller, but I don't see any point in taking to the community boards to complain about it. Matters of that nature should probably stay in eBay's resolution center where they're handled by professional staff, not subjected to the court of public opinion. Besides, I believe eBay policy is rather strict about moderating public discussions of specific resolution outcomes, so there's very little that a buyer could share without inadvertently violating community guidelines.

Message 560 of 701
latest reply

You have a point. . . If the resolution center actually worked.  Unfortunately, it does not.  Just ask all the sellers (and occasional buyer) that posts here.  If I hadn’t lost $ and merchandise through ebay, I would never post here.

Message 561 of 701
latest reply

Lots of complaints - No resolutions
Message 562 of 701
latest reply

EBAY SUPPORTS SELLER FRAUD: Here’s how:

I am successful low bidder for auction item. I make immediate payment. Seller accepts payment, advises item has been shipped and provides estimated delivery date (often 6 to 10 weeks or more away). While awaiting delivery, buyers request for updated shipping information is not answered. Search by tracking number (if available) returns results like “no record” or “item not found”. Ebay refuses to assist until after scheduled delivery date. Rather than enforce their own rules and require the seller to ship the item at auction contract price (item still being listed but at higher price), they may ask (not require) the seller to refund closing auction bid amount. The seller has now avoided shipping an item because they thought the auction price was lower than they wanted, have relisted item for a higher price and HAVE CONTROL AND USE OF BUYERS MONEY FOR WEEKS INTEREST FREE (TYPICALLY TWO MONTHS). In some cases, the money is never refunded. The buyer has wasted time participating in an auction that is not to be honored, waits weeks or even months for an item the seller never intended to ship, and may never have his money returned. It is a win-win for the seller, a loss-loss for the buyer and ebay turns their head the other way while seller violates ebay policy, commits fraud, relists item for higher price and has free use of buyers money. Adding insult to injury, once a ”case” is opened, ebay immediately removes all records of the transaction from their website so others can’t be warned through a feedback posting. Fortunately, most sellers are honest and straightforward. A significant number, however, practice this scam on a repeat and frequent basis.

Message 563 of 701
latest reply

Message 564 of 701
latest reply

Message 565 of 701
latest reply

I agree we as sellers are buyers, however... eBay is too focused on competing with amazon and so the only important sellers to eBay are thenpower sellers. The small folk like us are what ebay claims; are their dependents. We depend on them so screw em ( screw us) simple and short

Message 566 of 701
latest reply

Screwed me...sided with buyer, took my item and gave them my money back so I'm out all of it! Time for class action suit! Shut ebay down!
Message 567 of 701
latest reply

Bull on that! Evay a rip ofg. Lets class action suit their butts!
Message 568 of 701
latest reply

I never got ny item back and soent hours in phone abd buyer gets all money back! Tjey side with buyer cuz selker pays their fees!!! Class action suit time!
Message 569 of 701
latest reply

Message 570 of 701
latest reply