cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY FAVOR BUYERS OVER SELLER AND REWARD LYING AND CHEATING FROM BUYERS

THIS JUST HAPPEN TO ME!  

EBAY ALWAYS FAVORS THE BUYERS!  

On Jan 19, 2021 I sold a Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer Brand New but AS IS because it wasn't turning on ebay for $194.67.

The original price was $649. But It wasn't turning on so I thought to sell it AS IS broken, for PARTS only. No returns, no refunds and no exchanges. 

Jan. 22 :The buyer requested a return

Going back and forth with the buyer I  offer him a partial refund. HE DECLINED. 

Then I told him to ship it back, but he needs to pay for shipping. HE DECLINED.

Then the Buyer made up some **bleep** false claims and escalated the claim with ebay. 

EBAY favored the buyer and I am forced to take it back including paid shipping. 

Yesterday it got delivered back to me. 

I open the back and I was so shocked. 

When I received the printer back it was missing lots of parts.

All the accessories are missing I send was missing! He kept all the accessories.

Also the original receipt that I have included in the sale was missing.

Aside from that, the printer head is also missing and worst of all the sticker where the serial number was is also missing! The buyer has scratched off the serial number sticker!!! 

Oh did I mention that the BUYER SELL PRINTERS? 

Once he made the return request I saw his shop he sold printers. A day later all his listing were gone! 

What a co-incident! 

Here are the items that are missing.

1. All manuals
  2. Power cables
  3. CDs and DVD drives
  4. DVD print tray
  5. printer head
  6. printer cover of the ink box
  7. Original receipt
  8. Serial number sticker
  9. Paper feeders

The printer came back in a very terrible shape and had physical damage.

I have pictures for proof.

Buyer not only made false claims but has also misused and abused ebays return policy.

He knew exactly that he could get away with it. 

The printer was missing items and it was damaged beyond repair.

Oh and immedialty upon delivery like basically 30 mins later after I open the package the buyer proof tracking number to EBAY and Ebay has refunded him in full and favor the buyer! 

Ebay had the last word and they didn't want to know my side of the story nor hear the seller's input.

Oh and Ebay took money (that I didn't have) out of my Paypal. 
Now I have a negative paypal 

Paypal tried to get money out of my bank account. 

But luckily I put a STOP PAYMENT ORDER ON PAYPAL with my bank. 

Paypal and ebay are getting NOTHING from me. 

They have favored the buyer! THey should get the money back from the buyer!!!! 

On Jan 30 I sent an appeal to ebay.

Ebay: We weren't able to give you a refund

EBAY SEND ME THIS MESSAGE AND CLOSE THE CASE

Hi Christine,

After reviewing this case, we decided to keep the original outcome. We understand that you received your item in a different condition from when you shipped it. Unfortunately, we weren't able to grant your appeal because we couldn't determine that this was caused by the buyer, or that this was something in the buyer's control.

You won't receive a refund for this case.

EBAY is as worst as the buyer themselves! They favored the buyer and they refunded him and they close the case in his favor.

Leaving the seller in a loss with a broken and damaged item.

I have been with eBay for a while now. This buyer was a liar and a thief. A cheater. A horrible buyer in every way. This buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and I am forced to refund his money back and in return get my broken item back with the missing serial number and parts.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

The bottom line is that ebay takes the buyers word for it and never the sellers.

Leaving sellers unsafe and screwed!

Ebay should be ashamed of themselves. I will stop selling on ebay.

They just lost another seller.

The buyer knew exactly how to play ebay and ebay got fooled by a cheater.

They lost a good and honest seller. The buyer is theft and cheated misusing ebays buyer garantie.

All I can now say is I HATE EBAY and I HATE PAYPAL! I will now start selling on Facebook marketplace. Offerup and Nextdoor app. Ebay has horrible greedy business practices.

I have filed a complaint with BBB. 

And I will let my story be heard all over social media!

Exposing Ebay shady way of business. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! 

PS: I just put that broken printer in the trash! 

PSS: The buyer 2015usimfe (13 ) I bock him

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The eBay user agreement says you can't sue eBay in a class-action, but since you have the buyer's info, maybe file a lawsuit against him or her? Get yourself one of those lawyers that say they won't charge anything unless you win. Once he receives a summons, he or she could fight the suit, but more often than not, he or she might try to settle. (Not legal advice; this is an informal suggestion.) 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I just had basically the same thing happen to me with eBay. I sold a perfectly good working Cobra 29ltd classic CB radio to a buyer in Texas, after he received the radio he sent me an e mail and said it would not come on. I had pictures in the listing where it was all lit up. I have done CB radio repair for 20+ years why would I sell a non working CB radio? I sent him an e-mail an said if he would send the radio back to me I would make any repair that it needed free of charge and I would pay the return shipping back to him. That wasn't good enough for him, so he filed a case against me. Long story shirt. e-Bay took the money from my pay pal refunded the buyer + shipping, and the buyer gets to keep the CB radio. So I paid $140.00 to get the buyer to take the radio BASICALLY. It's been two months now and I have quit selling on e-Bay. What a joke!!!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Same thing just happened to me, ebay is a huge enabler of lying & cheating!  I'm leaving ebay as soon as I can & NOT listing the thousands of coins, stamps, sports cards & antique post card I have.  A friend of mine told me about this happening before I ever started selling items once covid hit.  It's all true 100% ! 

I will find another avenue to sell items that are one-of-a-kind only.  No longer trust ebay after this 4th swindling of me by lying buyers.  I've never had any faith in corporate America & ebay has to be the dumbest of the dumb to get beat TWICE on the same lie.  I send a pristine bobble head to Grand Rapids, MI, that is double boxed, like I'm mailing it to me.  The liar rick a, says it was destroyed in shipping.  He shows a destroyed bobble head that I wouldn't waste my time selling.  He then gives me a hideous review and I pay to have his old/destroyed one sent back to me.  rick a is so dumb, he mails it back to me in the 2 pristine boxes I sent the new bobble head in.  I've had enough and will only list one-of-a-kinds, so this lying & cheating won't happen again.  Shame on rick a for being such a turd & ebay for being the toilet bowl!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay isn’t a good place to sell these types of things until there are non-refundable digital cash payment requirements for these types of items. I’m getting sick of hearing these types of stories. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This particular story is about to celebrate its third birthday.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

1. You replied to a message that's over 3 years old.

2. Surely you don't really think that only listing one-of-a-kind items will eliminate this issue?  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

They voted in the buyers favor becuase

A. You offered a partial refund..........which means you just agreed to refunding.

B. If you ship any item and the shipping is free, then it is apart of payment.
This is a rule because sellers are charging the shipping/packaging rate over the
actual price.

C. You got the returned item and when even before that you should have included

1. "Delivery confirmation", and "at that moment" when you signed for the package you
should have "broke out the camera/phone request the postal worker to be on camera,
at least his/hers ID tag exposed or the fact they are a postal-worker ( that being
said they are public entities like police-officers ). This way you have three
forms of proof when you open the package.

2. In fact you could have gone down to your local police station, and request for a
police-officer to open your package for you, as it is even a federal offense
for a federal agent to open delivered ( unopen ) packages.

3. Point being when you open the package you would have to record the package being
open. I have also been taking this risk, nowadays. Which is the bare-minimum.

And while video-taping you should
have open the package right there and then.

D. You made a listing that said "No returns", "As is", and when you shipped/packaged
the item you should have video-tapped yourself putting what is included. You should
also state if there is a refund then you should have all equipment put back.

E. You should also report the actually buyer/seller account. Even to research who
they are, what kind of income they have, and the life they live. Sometimes there
are cocky people who leads clean lives, while other times could be corrupted people,
being corrupted. One instance is the garbage scam. Where a Postal worker was moving
stuff ( being a pack-mule ) for people like drugs. The same with people who handle
garbage. Another instance in the news that police connected with organize criminals
was raiding the evidience locker and reselling the stuff outside on the streets
( of course not in their own nieghborhoods ). Do the research, report them via various
networks. You could identify them by the area they live in. The more you talk about it,
the more people locally will catch on to that person and even alert the authorities,
or even warn the person. If they are a legitimate entity like a public-employee
( city, state, government, ) and have had there names written in the news a couple of
time, then they already are in public-domain. If my local business robbed me I can
report their name, their business, and especially to their neighbors in the area.

It is like how AIDS/HIV was not taken seriously until some rich-girl was found with
the problem. Only then and afterwards it was taken seriously. Same with SARs-COVID,
and Ebola. Nobody will nix the problem until it affects them directly.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply