cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

Actually, I am a buyer that was formerly, several years ago now, a seller. I can tell you that there are too many unscrupulous sellers out there these days. Don't trust ANYONE that is selling collectible sound/mechanical ornaments at "decent" prices, as they are probably a rip off. I bout several last year, after Christmas, and just put them away for this year. I'll NEVER do that again!! Also, I bought one this year only to find out that it too was not working. I don't care if money is returned, I would rather that these jerks not waste my time with their games and dishonest postings. 

People don't have time to post complaints, life's too short. I hope eBay is keeping track of these unscrupulous sellers.

Message 691 of 701
latest reply

I'm a buyer on eBay and have many complaints, as a buyer.  The system is rigged toward SELLERS.  I just had a Seller cancel an auction that I had won, presumably he/she was offered more for the item.  So I get a notice from eBay that says the Seller cancelled it "at Buyers request".  I never requested cancellation, but there is no way I can dispute it.  The auction is not only cancelled, I can't leave negative feedback b/c the auction was cancelled "at Buyers request" (which it was not!).  They allow a Seller to cancel "at Buyer's request" but a Seller can lie and there's nothing eBay will do about it.  Ebay is very SELLER friendly in this regard.

Message 692 of 701
latest reply

Also, keep in mind Sellers can totally block buyers.  But no matter how untrustworthy a Seller is, on eBay a Buyer may not block Sellers.    Totally one sided.  Why can't Buyers block sketchy Sellers?  (not allowed).  and don't get me started on Shill Bidding, there is so much of it on Ebay, and they know it's going on but they do nothing.  nothing.  extremely pro-Seller.

Message 693 of 701
latest reply

I agree and have had the same thing happen to me.  The listing was the sellers error and when I vigorously complained, they said I requested to not pay for the item and was charged with a bidding/purchasing strike against me.  I am still fighting to get these strikes and restrictions removed after thousands of purchases and eBay Customer Service agents cannot see or understand why the restrictions exist and what to do about it.  So I am still being penalized!!

Message 694 of 701
latest reply

If you go to your credit card company they may reimburse you for return shipping or Paypal may also reimburse. EBay is writing their own epitaph by doing these types of things.

Message 695 of 701
latest reply

Call eBay! Tricky contacting them by phone but if you go under "fraud" or smilar you may have more luck contacting them. Also contact Paypal if that is how you made payment to the seller. Have all your ducks (proof) in a row.

Message 696 of 701
latest reply

Until Ebay recognizes that without sellers, they are out of business. Buyers may be the main source of their revenue, but it's a two street and as long as sellers are taking the losses, there will be many that quit selling on Ebay. Ebay realizes that there are far more sellers than buyers, especially in times when money is tight, so they lean towards the source of that money trail. When the economy is booming, there will be less sellers and maybe then the wind will shift and Ebay might favor sellers a little more, but until then, don't hold your breath as Ebay will still find more ways to increase their profits.

Message 697 of 701
latest reply

Ebay 100 % supports theft they not only ignore this activity they help buyers steal items from sellers. Seller protection is a big joke quite non exsistant.  you can have all the proof in the world it wont help you so if you have valuable items you want to sell and dont want to risk loosing them avoid selling them here. I've lost over $4000 this year alone in lost inventory due to theft buyers purchase items and either swap it out with the same item thats broken or they take parts off of your item and send back whats left or they just keep it and send back an empty box or put some junk in the box and return it. ebay not only will not help you in any way they will punish you by giving you defects and various other things to harm your account. they also tell the buyer that ripped you off to leave negitive feedback. Im starting to wonder if ebay has a hand in this theft somehow and are profit from it. In every intance ive provided ebay with photo's of serial numbers UV markings on my items to identify it detailed photo's of the items that clearly show the item sent was not the item recieved back none of it makes any difference so if your not willing to loose a large amount of money every year this is not the place to do buisness 

Message 698 of 701
latest reply

im pretty sure most of the scammers work for ebay they get 100% assistance in stealing your products if you want free stuff ebay is the place to get it just buy something send back a bag of doggy doo in its place and ebay will make sure you get your money back 

Message 699 of 701
latest reply

Hello, I am an early builder pioneer builder of ebays Fortune 500 company of 19 years. I have have impeccable positive feedback for all 19 years. I totally sympathize to all those great sellers on EBay that are treated with such disdain. In my opinion, Some how down the road the captain must have took his hands of the ships wheel , and is now crashing into the reef. It is quite apparent that EBay caters to the buyers and discriminates against there sellers. They even cater against repeat bad buyers who continue to steal our merchandise due to a broken system that allows scammers to continue to do so. It all started back once upon a time were EBay got the notion that buyers are more important then sellers. They started instituting this process when they told sellers they could no longer leave “negative merited” feedback to bad buyers, to warn other good sellers, in hopes that they would not also have to endure hardship and loss of merchandise. This was a fair and just system that held buyers and sellers accountable. And kept the claims down, and showed fairness to the seller. But, the day they EBay told buyers we can only leave positive feedback to buyers was the very very day that discrimination in this market place took place. Now some will claim that we sellers are just sub contractors. Then if this is true why do they offer seller resolution program, that I may add seldom comes true for that hard working seller who built this Fortune 500 company? Questionable? It feels like to me discrimination in the work place? Is it fair? Is it righteous? Absolutely Not!  These repeat bad buyer scammers pray on this system, because they know EBay no longer cares about there sellers. Food for thought. If all sellers were to take all there inventory to Etsy and other market places. Then ebays buyers would definitely follow them. My point is EBay has forgotten about how we beginning sellers built EBay. Without any sellers and inventory. They would have never had any buyers. I personally have been scammed by a bad buyer, who continually changes accounts and does this for a living. He has a lavish house in California and one in Germany. My true story. This bad buyer receives my expensive surveillance camera system, and tells me there’s something wrong with the unit. He asks me for a partial refund. I tell him. I’m sorry I don’t give partial refunds, but I’ll be glad to give your money back after returning my item. He did not like that. This is how bad it starts to get. He sends some junk back in a two inch thin Priority A mailing box. Here’s what I want my readers to ponder on. There was 6 large cameras, the system, and two extra large bundles of wiring. I knew right then something was wrong because I could barely get all this stuff in a LARGE priority box. Filled to the brim. He then sends me 2 inch box. So I called some witnesses over, I started to video while opening the box. He sent the  only the system back,  and stole all my cameras and bundles of wiring. So you would think Crystal clear proof right? So I contact EBay telling them that a bad buyer stole my stuff and that I had a live video recording to prove this. They fought me over allowing me to send my video proof through there link and finally allowed. Now, you would think that the 2 inch box would be able to exonerate Me?  Right? Let alone the video proof. Nope wasn’t good enough. So they then tell me I have to sign some perjury papers, that I must remind my readers, that they do not make the buyers sign. More discrimination towards the sellers. So, I send their perjury papers back through there link. And I get a message that they never received my perjury signature. Fishy? Yes for sure. Ok, so this time I get smart and document everything, and I send it once again. In the meanwhile, I’m thinking how can EBay not find this in my favor. Justice will be done. Nope! Once again I get a letter saying that they found it in the favor of the buyer and refunded his money and allowed him to steal my items after all. . Wow! So not only did he get to to be rewarded by ebays broken system, he also made money by sending a priority A box, rather then the Large priority box I paid for both ways.  Who made money on this? EBay and this bad seller. I also want to add, that I took my conversations of the perjury document I sent to EBay down to the geek squad, and they confirmed that not only did EBay receive the first perjury statement. But they also received the second  perjury statement. Wow! I call it discrimination in the work house. But no matter how you stack it. They catered knowing full well to this bad buyer, because they did not want this buyer,  not to buy on EBay again. Ponder on this people. EBay got video proof of me opening the box. They also got undeniable proof by looking at all the stuff I sold this bad buyer, that it was virtually impossible to fit in his return 2 inch thin box. There trust and safety team can not be trusted to do the right things. We see that in the great EBay FBI raid that is now common knowledge. But what makes it sad. Is I truly doubt that the CEO even knows that this harassment still continues to this very day. I’m sure many of you have been pushed around. I fought them hard. I stood up for righteousness. Even know EBay trust and safety team knowingly scammed me. I stood tall. I spoke out against adversity, and injustice in the EBay market place. And I still have all evidence including his two inch box. I guess in a nut shell. I sympathize with all the hard working sellers at the bay that are being taken advantage on a daily basis. Im fortunate, I’m not destitute. I do this for kicks and giggles. I own my own business. I only wish people would just start standing up in life. You work very hard for your stuff. You should expect excellence out of EBay. You should never be afraid to stand against adversity. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy. Actually, it’s the road lease travelled in life. But there’s nothing like the spirit of a volunteer who stands against adversity, who takes the choice to be an advocate for himself and others. There’s something very powerful about this even if you don’t win this battle. You did your best to fight back. Stand up people. Now is the time to Make a stand against all wrong doing here and abroad. United we stand, divided we fall. There is much honor in those who are still free thinkers. Will you Stand, or will you sit?  Will you speak out, our will you be silent. Life is short. Your voice is very very powerful. It’s the one thing that those that come against you never want to understand. Especially with all the corruption we have seen in the last four years. We are very very powerful indeed. Never forget this. It has not all been bad at EBay. But I definitely see a decline in customer service. And, believe that all stock holders look at strengths and weaknesses in any company. And this blatant customer retention problem with EBay is growing like cancer, and could be the very precursor of people dumping EBay stocks. My hope is that somehow CEO Jamie hears how bad it has become here on EBay and saves the day. I tell everyone he’s a righteous man and is probably being shadow banned on most of what’s going on internally.  EBay, I am a friend, not a foe. But my grandfather taught me to always stand up for my rights. So if you see I have a bark on with EBay, it’s because I’m just standing up for righteousness, myself and others. And my very best of luck to everyone here on EBay. Don’t give up on EBay. Help them get back on track again. We veterans here on EBay have invested a whole lot into this business. But if you are afraid to speak out. No changes will ever be made. EBay seems to work on a complaint trend program. So tell them how you feel. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. I hope everyone here on EBay and abroad have a super day. I hope our moderator finds justice and Merrit in my reply of being here 19 years on EBay. I have been loyal to EBay for 19 years with impeccable positive feedback to boot. I try always to be transparent, and I hope you find it in your heart to allow my message of concerns. Thanks again. Stay the course. Proud to be an adventurer. 

Message 700 of 701
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 701 of 701
latest reply