cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, September 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Community Chat, September 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

thanks again for doing this...

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Might try posting on selling board.........that's it's here

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Well, here we are. Q4 officially begins on Friday. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. For many of us, as in retail generally, this is the most important time of the year. As always, sellers would prefer no changes during Q4.

Can you verify that ebay will not be making any changes in Q4?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Just a reminder, for those who like to try to keep up with whatever ebay is doing. Seller Check In tomorrow: 

https://sellerevents.ebay.com/events/details/ebay-ebay-seller-events-presents-september-seller-check...

jasmen@ebay  Is this actually the last Check In for the year?  I don't see any others in the Schedule?

-----

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Changes to category and item specifics names:

As we introduce new item specifics in certain categories, you’ll also see updates to the structures and item specifics names in those categories. These updates are based on input from industry experts to make listings in these categories easier for buyers to find.

In the week following our October 12 release of new item specifics, you may see changes to the structures and item specifics names in the categories listed above. We’ll automatically adjust your affected listings to reflect these changes. Learn more about category changes.

If you have 7,000+ items affected by category and item specific changes, there are changes being made in Q4.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Two semi-related questions:

1) Regarding the problem with seller offers showing "Item does not ship to your location" to the prospective buyer: Is there any update on that, and whether it's been fixed?

Ref: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Question-for-buyers-who-have-received-an-offer-from-a-seller/m-... 

2) We've seen a couple of posts on this topic from someone who does not show eBay credentials on his posts, but does appear to be an eBay employee, from what can be seen of his site activity:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Question-for-buyers-who-have-received-an-offer-from-a-seller/m-...

Can someone (1) please update his Khoros account to show eBay employee status, assuming that's accurate, and (2) please thank him for his communication and encourage him to continue?

Lack of meaningful communication regarding technical issues to be fixed is one of the most annoying -- no, let's say infuriating -- ongoing problems with eBay. It would be great to have actual communication between IT people on both sides of the eBay wall, between employees like him and users like us. Thanks!

-----

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Well, here we are. Q4 officially begins on Friday. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. For many of us, as in retail generally, this is the most important time of the year. As always, sellers would prefer no changes during Q4.

Can you verify that ebay will not be making any changes in Q4?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I cannot promise you that no changes will be made in Q4. I can say that there has been focus put on minimizing impacts to you as much as possible during this time. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

So I have an unpaid item, first in a yr I think......someone posted the link below and I went to it to file it since it seemed to be beyond 4 days..... 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

from there I was taken to the following page.......note the declarative sentence circled in red....which totally confused me.......no, it hasn't been marked shipped and no tracking has been uploaded........am I on the wrong page? 

Fortunately, I continued to read and found the unpaid box.  But in between, I read the last paragraph about Paypal..........which makes no sense at all, since I'm in MP and have no idea how a buyer paid.  I presume it's meant for those since not in MP..........but I kind of wonder, does it mean to refund ON paypal......and since when does the buyer have to agree to cancel if they haven't paid?

REALLY BAD page that I hope can be reported to be improved.......

I will say as soon as I clicked Continue, it told me would take 2 hrs to process........and in about 15 minutes that "sold" disappeared from my overview page.  So the process works, but the instructions really need improvement..........

Screenshot (182)_LI.jpg

-----

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Could you please fix the "search for anything bar" Since May I've been suffering with.... recent searches with a little clock icon... saved searches with a little heart icon and.... saved sellers with another heart icon. There is no longer the option to hide ebay suggestions.   The only place MY  LONG TIME SEARCHED FOR ITEMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE AND ALLOW ME TO SEARCH EFFICIENTLY AND EASILY IS ADVANCED SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having to constantly go to advanced from every search results page is a PITA!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Some sellers have been noticing declines in recent impressions and views, and at least some of the decline appears to be attributable to changes ebay has made in how traffic stats are reported, with "bot" traffic and apparently some "duplicate clicks" traffic being excised (which makes sense, now that some sellers will be paying for clicks (views) via promoted Listings Advanced.)

Could you confirm this with whichever team handles tracking reports? And maybe invite them to come here for a Q&A session. Many sellers rely on tracking data to make business decisions, so it would help to know just what is going on here.

-----

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

So I have an unpaid item, first in a yr I think......someone posted the link below and I went to it to file it since it seemed to be beyond 4 days..... 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

from there I was taken to the following page.......note the declarative sentence circled in red....which totally confused me.......no, it hasn't been marked shipped and no tracking has been uploaded........am I on the wrong page? 

Fortunately, I continued to read and found the unpaid box.  But in between, I read the last paragraph about Paypal..........which makes no sense at all, since I'm in MP and have no idea how a buyer paid.  I presume it's meant for those since not in MP..........but I kind of wonder, does it mean to refund ON paypal......and since when does the buyer have to agree to cancel if they haven't paid?

REALLY BAD page that I hope can be reported to be improved.......

I will say as soon as I clicked Continue, it told me would take 2 hrs to process........and in about 15 minutes that "sold" disappeared from my overview page.  So the process works, but the instructions really need improvement..........

Screenshot (182)_LI.jpg

Hey @dhbookds I reported this a few days ago so the teams are already working on the wording here, thank you so much! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Hi @a_c_green!

1. I'm still working with technical teams to get this address.

2. I'm working to get clarification and will follow-up on those posts when I have info to share.

Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Promoted Listings Express is for auction listings, and is currently limited to sellers who use the app to list,  and who use My eBay (instead of Seller Hub). I do not use either. As a result, I cannot find the dollar amounts for the rates, only the general information that rates are set by auction duration and category. Please provide the rate chart here, so the rest of us can see what the rates are like. Thanks!

-----

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

@tincan630 wrote:

Could you please fix the "search for anything bar" Since May I've been suffering with.... recent searches with a little clock icon... saved searches with a little heart icon and.... saved sellers with another heart icon. There is no longer the option to hide ebay suggestions.   The only place MY  LONG TIME SEARCHED FOR ITEMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE AND ALLOW ME TO SEARCH EFFICIENTLY AND EASILY IS ADVANCED SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having to constantly go to advanced from every search results page is a PITA!

Hi @tincan630 - there aren't any reported technical issues with search at this point, but I'm happy to get the pain points you're experiencing with search reported. Can you help me understand a bit more about how these impact you? Do you find this to be difficult on both the mobile app and PC? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: