cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, September 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Some sellers have been noticing declines in recent impressions and views, and at least some of the decline appears to be attributable to changes ebay has made in how traffic stats are reported, with "bot" traffic and apparently some "duplicate clicks" traffic being excised (which makes sense, now that some sellers will be paying for clicks (views) via promoted Listings Advanced.)

Could you confirm this with whichever team handles tracking reports? And maybe invite them to come here for a Q&A session. Many sellers rely on tracking data to make business decisions, so it would help to know just what is going on here.

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques I can't make promises but I'll pass this feedback on and we'll see what happens Q&A wise! 😊 I'll follow-up with any info we get surrounding impression/view reports too.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 16 of 38
latest reply

tyler@ebay Thanks. I wish I could say I find that reassuring. 

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Thanks velvet@ebay  I'll be looking forward to the info they provide. And that possible Q&A session....

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

Hi Velvet,

I'm still waiting for the $28.85 refund from the eBay shipping overcharge for the two returned packages that we discussed in June. You know, the 4 and 5 pound USPS Priority Mail packages that eBay's software thinks weighed 96 pounds each.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Promoted Listings Express is for auction listings, and is currently limited to sellers who use the app to list,  and who use My eBay (instead of Seller Hub). I do not use either. As a result, I cannot find the dollar amounts for the rates, only the general information that rates are set by auction duration and category. Please provide the rate chart here, so the rest of us can see what the rates are like. Thanks!

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques like you said it's based on the duration and category so we don't have a specific chart. If we do end up getting one I would be happy to share it with you! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Thanks, Jasmen

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Just a reminder, for those who like to try to keep up with whatever ebay is doing. Seller Check In tomorrow: 

https://sellerevents.ebay.com/events/details/ebay-ebay-seller-events-presents-september-seller-check...

jasmen@ebay  Is this actually the last Check In for the year?  I don't see any others in the Schedule?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques There are some others coming, but no finalized dates just yet so keep an eye out! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

On a laptop using chrome and as I mentioned previously the is a difference between the drop down list results from the "search for anything" bar and "advanced search". My understanding is the drop down list in advanced search ii retained by the chrome browser and the search results on the search for anything bar are what ebay thinks I should be interested in. I'm not!  I've complained about this multiple times to customer service and they agree with  my description of what I'm experiencing .  They send complaints to tech and management but nothing changes. I was told  this resulted from an ebay update back in May.   MAKE IT STOP!

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

@tools* wrote:

Hi Velvet,

I'm still waiting for the $28.85 refund from the eBay shipping overcharge for the two returned packages that we discussed in June. You know, the 4 and 5 pound USPS Priority Mail packages that eBay's software thinks weighed 96 pounds each.

Hi @tools* - we can't discuss account specific details publicly, but when I checked with Velvet on this she confirmed that the messages she'd sent previously are still accurate and the matter is considered closed from both our end and USPS'. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 38
latest reply

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 38
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

OK, two follow up questions, since I assume you have access to this info:

1. IF I were one of the sellers who can currently use Express:  Is this rate information something I can look up BEFORE I create the listing? Or is it only disclosed after I've created the listing? Is it static, or dynamic? (That is, is it a fixed amount (once the category and duration are established), or , is it more like Promoted Listings Standard, where the suggested rate can change daily? (Of course, here, it would be the actual rate, not just a suggestion)

2. 7 day auction. Collectibles category, sub-category Holidays. Could you look that up and tell me the current rate?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

jasmen@ebay Ah, OK, glad to hear there will be more check-ins...

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

@mam98031 

What are you scared about?  My question was about Seller CHECK-INS, not Seller UPDATES. If you aren't familiar with the Check-Ins, click the link I provided in my post.  Tomorrow's Check In will largely focus on the Fall Update, and will also include a bonus half hour on the Collectibles category. Not scary at all.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

OK, two follow up questions, since I assume you have access to this info:

1. IF I were one of the sellers who can currently use Express:  Is this rate information something I can look up BEFORE I create the listing? Or is it only disclosed after I've created the listing? Is it static, or dynamic? (That is, is it a fixed amount (once the category and duration are established), or , is it more like Promoted Listings Standard, where the suggested rate can change daily? (Of course, here, it would be the actual rate, not just a suggestion)

2. 7 day auction. Collectibles category, sub-category Holidays. Could you look that up and tell me the current rate?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

It's not something you can look up before hand unfortunately, it will only come up in the listing flow but it will be locked in once you agree and submit the listing. I will reach out to the team over this and see if I can get more info to share as well! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

@mam98031 

What are you scared about?  My question was about Seller CHECK-INS, not Seller UPDATES. If you aren't familiar with the Check-Ins, click the link I provided in my post.  Tomorrow's Check In will largely focus on the Fall Update, and will also include a bonus half hour on the Collectibles category. Not scary at all.

I revised the post.  I made it by mistake.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 30 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: