cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, September 22 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Community Chat, September 22 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hello,

Ran a report that listed the watchers on my items. 

It allowed me to send offers.

I sent out about 15 offers

Had several message me and say they wanted to accept, but they kept getting ERROR MESSAGES.  

I have looked EVERYWHERE - even sent messages to find the $$ amount of the offer that I presented them with......I can't find it ....I have a general idea of what I offered, but don't want to charge the incorrect price.

Any ideas ??

Thanks for reading!

Jennifer

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 75
latest reply

velvet@ebay   We just got back from a little trip to our local mountains for our 39th wedding anniversary so playing a bit of catch up on eBay happenings even though I peaked at my phone a few times.  🙂  

It was nice to escape the heat here in Tucson.  

Here's a pic of our favorite park to visit, it has a nice paved walkway around the lake so I am able to enjoy it.  

IMG_0341.JPG

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 75
latest reply

I need HELP!  All of a sudden, when I move my mouse wheel to try and SCROLL up or down, instead, the screen gets LARGER or SMALLlER.  i DON'T know what I did to start this, but I need do undo it so the mouse works as it normally does.

Thanks to anyohe that can help!

-----

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 75
latest reply

Three or four months ago the shipping team changed some categories to NOT allow for Media mail shipping.  When they did this, they did it by parent category and did not take into consideration the sub categories in many cases.  

This has caused a significant issue for many sellers having to take their business elsewhere because they can't do MM on Ebay.  I've reported this and I've given specific categories that need to be updated, yet here we are.  Still nothing done after all these months.

I have been told that fixing these issues are labor intensive and they were trying to gather together everything that needed to be changed and then do it at one time.  However that was weeks and weeks and weeks ago, still nothing has improved.

I'd like to get a REAL timeline for When or IF this is actually going to be fixed.  I don't think that is an unreasonable request.  If they plan to fix it, when?  If they have decided they aren't going to fix it, then that should be told to us instead of leaving us in limbo.  This issue cause extra work for some sellers plus it costs Ebay money since they are not getting our business for labels.

If they have no intention of fixing it, just let us know.  Then I will just update my shipping procedures permanently and take my shipping portion of my business elsewhere.  After all this time, I just don't see this as something that is unreasonable.

For me, it is the following categories that need to be updated to allow MM.

Crafts-Beads&Jewelry Making-Instruction Books & Media

Crafts-Sewing-Quilting-Quilt Patterns

Crafts- Needlecrafts&Yarn-Crocheting&Knitting-Patterns-Contemporary

Crafts- Needlecrafts&Yarn-Embroidery&Cross Stitch-Hand Embr Patterns & Magazines-Other Patterns & Magazines

Crafts
-Needlecrafts&Yarn-Hand Embr Patterns&Magazines-Embroidery & Cross Stitch-Cross Stitch Patterns

Crafts-Scrapbooking&Paper Crafts-Instruction Books & Media

-----

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 75
latest reply

ebay appears to be having ---again---a glitch with Seller Initiated Offers in which the ebay message to buyers is (erroneously)  telling them that the seller does not ship to them.  SIO is one of the better things ebay launched recently, but this glitch completely undermines its usefulness...and we are, what less than 2 weeks away from the start of Q4?  Any estimated time to get this fixed? 

Also, many sellers are probably sending out offers without even knowing this is happening....since we can't send an offer to that same watcher more than once, each offer we send is killing a sales opportunity. You guys really need to ANNOUNCE that this glitch is happening, so that sellers can either 1. refrain from sending offers till it is officially (and hopefully permanently fixed) or any offers we send need to include something like this: 

PLEASE NOTE: If you are in the US, and this message states "This item does not ship to you"---that statement is incorrect, it is an ebay glitch. I ship to anywhere in the US. You should be able to accept this offer without any problem.

Q4 is nearly here. This needs to be fixed NOW. 

-----

Message 6 of 75
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

I need HELP!  All of a sudden, when I move my mouse wheel to try and SCROLL up or down, instead, the screen gets LARGER or SMALLlER.  i DON'T know what I did to start this, but I need do undo it so the mouse works as it normally does.

@disneyshopper 

Do you have a center button or wheel on your mouse.  If so, press it, it is likely you accidentally pressed it at some point.  Doing it again will turn it off.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 75
latest reply

@jreeves2017 wrote:

Hello,

Ran a report that listed the watchers on my items. 

It allowed me to send offers.

I sent out about 15 offers

Had several message me and say they wanted to accept, but they kept getting ERROR MESSAGES.  

I have looked EVERYWHERE - even sent messages to find the $$ amount of the offer that I presented them with......I can't find it ....I have a general idea of what I offered, but don't want to charge the incorrect price.

Any ideas ??

Thanks for reading!

Jennifer

@jreeves2017 Sorry to hear that happened, did they happen to send you a screenshot of the specific error message they got? If you can share that here (with no personal account info shown) I can take a deeper dive from there. Thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 8 of 75
latest reply

Will you please fix "the search for anything bar" so I can enjoy ebay again?  Clicking on the search for any thing bar now produces a drop down list of recent searches and nonsense suggestions that are useless.  The only search that still works the way I want it to is "advanced search" and constantly going to advance search is a PITA!    Been suffering with this since an ebay update in May and it's driving me away from Ebay. No longer fun or user friendly!!!

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here. 

Message 9 of 75
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

velvet@ebay   We just got back from a little trip to our local mountains for our 39th wedding anniversary so playing a bit of catch up on eBay happenings even though I peaked at my phone a few times.  🙂  

It was nice to escape the heat here in Tucson.  

Here's a pic of our favorite park to visit, it has a nice paved walkway around the lake so I am able to enjoy it.  

IMG_0341.JPG

@comics-scifi-collectibles - that sounds lovely, and congratulations on the anniversary! I hope you were able to really unwind and enjoy the cooler weather! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 75
latest reply

This thread  appeared on one of the boards today and it illustrates a particularly egregious problem with some sellers. 

The seller is shipping from a domestic address, but requiring returns to an international address. Presumably to discourage returns for whatever sub-standard products they may be selling. When the cost of return is 2 or 3 times the purchase price, that's a problem.

Has eBay given any consideration at all to either requiring returns be sent back to the address shipped from, or to excluding items requiring international returns from the MBG? At least on the .com site? I know that this would probably be unrealistic for any of the EU or many of the other international locations. I think that most people presume that under the MBG, if an item is "shipping from [domestic city]", we expect that we'll have to return it to [domestic city] as well. 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 11 of 75
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

Hey @disneyshopper! I know that when you click 'Control' and scroll up and down the screen will get larger and smaller. Check to see if your 'Control' key is stuck and hopefully that will be an easy fix. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 75
latest reply

Good afternoon! 

In reviewing information about the Global Shipping Program, in the policy pages with regards to seller protection is this:

If an item is lost or broken during international shipping, eBay Money Back Guarantee cases will be resolved in your favour, and your seller performance standards won't be affected

Link to full page: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

On this page the words eBay Money Back Guarantee are also underlined and the phrase is a link to the general information on the MBG.

The question, therefore, is the seller protection only offered for MBG claims? If a buyer should bypass the eBay claim system and file a Payment Dispute from missing or broken items are sellers subject to what the credit card company decides?

Apparently, customer service is telling sellers the usual "ebay has no control, and it is the credit card company and nothing can be done."

-----

Message 13 of 75
latest reply

Working on it 

Message 14 of 75
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

On one of the threads about the return timeframe glitch, @coffeebean832 brought up an important point that it appeared there had been an unannounced change in policy sometime last November.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Okay-How-long-do-buyers-have-to-return-item-after-they-file-a/... 

returns.png

returns2-1.png

Specifically it seems eBay changed the timeframe for returns with eBay generated labels from 10-15 days to 15-35 days.

While I understand this ultimately wasn't relevant to the specific issue with the technical glitch, I still think it's important to note that something in the return timeframe policy *did* change, even if it was last year.

When exactly did that policy change and why did eBay not make an announcement about it?

-----

Message 15 of 75
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: