cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 20th @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Community Chat, October 20th @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@mam98031 wrote:

We were told the shipping team would be updating categories in which Media Mail could be used around mid October.  We are past that and I personally am not seeing any improvements.  I've already waited several months.  Literally several months.  What is going on with these categories?  And others I'm sure.

Crafts-Beads&Jewelry Making-Instruction Books & Media

Crafts-Sewing-Quilting-Quilt Patterns

Crafts- Needlecrafts&Yarn-Crocheting&Knitting-Patterns-Contemporary

Crafts- Needlecrafts&Yarn-Embroidery&Cross Stitch-Hand Embr Patterns & Magazines-Other Patterns & Magazines

Crafts
-Needlecrafts&Yarn-Hand Embr Patterns&Magazines-Embroidery & Cross Stitch-Cross Stitch Patterns

Crafts-Scrapbooking&Paper Crafts-Instruction Books & Media

@mam98031 Hey there! I know you and Tyler were working on this in the past, if you can get him some recent examples, I'm sure we could help get some answers! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 61 of 73
latest reply

I wonder if it is a diff between large vs. small sellers??  I would bet there are no large sellers on these forums bc they would have their own ebay reps with whom to converse.  therefore, most comments on here would be from small sellers.  maybe these changes do help the large guys?  they may help commodities as we are talking a lot about collectibles i see.

Message 62 of 73
latest reply

too bad... thank you

Message 63 of 73
latest reply

Thanks for joining this week’s chat. It’s closed from further replies, but we’ll continue working through any that have not received a response to make sure that everyone’s questions are answered. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 64 of 73
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Is eBay ever going to own up to and figure out the issue where buyers randomly can't pay for stuff?  It is ridiculous that I should even get a message like this from a customer:

"I am trying to pay you by many ways but i cant please let me know if you have other way or you can check your payment options"

You are a tech company yet you can't even run your own site or fix recurring issues.  Luckily the buyer seemed to figure it out this time, but in the past I have lost out on thousands of dollars in sales because of this bug.

There are a number of reasons why a buyer may not be able to pay @gwzcomps. It's always best to have them contact Customer Support though, as we can't discuss account specifics about another persons account with you.

If it's something we can help them clear up, then they'll be able to complete the purchase. If we're blocking them on purpose though, they won't be able to buy on eBay, or at least not until they qualify to do so.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 65 of 73
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out the correct IOSS code we should be using for EU shipments.

On the page where you purchase shipping labels, the customs form has an informational pop-up for AES/ITN/Exemption that says-

IOSS-general.png

This is the information I've been using for all packages. However-

On the Order Details page- packages going to countries in the EU show this-

IOSS.png

So today I used that IOSS number instead of NOEEI 30.37(a), on a package to Germany.

eBay does not pre-fill the IOSS number on the customs form. Which one is correct?

I saw this discussion on the Shipping board that said PostNord in Switzerland is not recognizing the IM2760000742 number which may have something to do with PostNord's system and not the IOSS number- there's not that much info available.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/IOSS-and-double-VAT-taxation/td-p/32158139

Then there was the discussion about how An Post in Ireland is rejecting all packages sent directly with USPS and Royal Mail and citing IOSS information as the reason.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Why-was-my-package-rejected-by-Ireland-customs/m-p/32282468

I haven't heard about any issues from my German buyers when I used NOEEI 30.37(a) on their packages- so I'm wondering if it was a mistake to use IM2760000742 on the package today. Which number is correct and why does eBay not pre-fill the correct IOSS number on the customs form?

Hey there @coffeebean832 I'll reach out to the right team so I can get you a solid answer on the topic. Thanks for sending this over and for always working with me! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 66 of 73
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

If this has been covered, I apologize, but are the category changes complete and are we safe to start updating our required specifics now?

No worries @fern*wood! They were complete as of yesterday and we've updated that Selling thread here if you'd like to see what else has been noted. You're good to start updating your listings where necessary now though. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 67 of 73
latest reply

@xvoodoomanx wrote:

Since these lastest changes, eBay Standard Envelope is no longer a Delivery Option when listing Postcards.

When will this be fixed?

Thank you,

Hey @xvoodoomanx sorry to hear you ran into this, it should be resolved now! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 68 of 73
latest reply

@lloydsteventaylor wrote:

Is there a list of required item specifics as of Feb 2022?

@lloydsteventaylor Hello there, we don't have any lists but as your create listings you'll see what specifically is required! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 69 of 73
latest reply

@star.fighter wrote:

Hi Jasmen - thank you for that info... so, when doing the return, if the item is a trading card that has damage, which category is more appropriate when returning if returns were Not offered...

Doesn't work or defective
Doesn't match description or photos

Do either of those count more or less against the seller?  The card is damaged, so it is defective... but it also doesn't match description -- which said it was in Mint condition.  The damage didn't show up in the photos, but the photos were not as good as they should have been.  That is why it's unclear if the damage was already there or done by the post office.  Yet, the item may not have been totally mint anyway.

So, the buyer will have to choose one of those -- any guidance?

Thank you.

Both of those reasons will count the same way so it won't make a difference which they choose. If for any reason you feel they are being disruptive and choosing the wrong reason please make sure to report them! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 70 of 73
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

I have some questions about SDSupport.

1.  Is it possible to use eBay messages to contact them by email at SDSupport@eBay.com 

2.  When I use Google Gmail to contact them, they provide me with a response giving a link to the Structured Data Support number for my topic.  However this link example https://jirap.corp.ebay.com/browse/SDS-49693 fails with a message "This site can't be reached."  When I click on the i in front of the URL it tells me "Your connection to this site is not secure."  Even though I follow Google advice to change my Settings to accept this insecure address, the links fail.  How do I view the Structured Data Support topics?

@somanypostcards you would need to email them via your personal email. As for that link you're getting though, it's for an internal reporting tool/site, so I'm not sure why they're providing that link to you. If you have a way to reply to the email, I would make them aware of the fact that your a seller on the site and not an employee, so you can't access Jira. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 71 of 73
latest reply

@partsaholic wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

1. Does Not Fit is a remorse reason. So unless a seller offer Free Returns, then the buyer should have to pay return shipping. If the seller doesn't offer a return policy at all, then they would be able to deny the Return request. 

2. GSP transactions follow normal Money Back Guarantee procedures. The difference is that eBay would cover the refund if an item arrived damaged. If it's not as described for another reason, like the wrong color was received, then the seller would be responsible for covering return shipping. If you go here and Control "F" Global then you'll see where it's discussed a few times throughout the help page. 

velvet@ebay  what happens if it's a buyer's remorse return through Global Shipping?  Who pays return shipping then?

I know this is more of an account-specific question, but hypothetically speaking - we offer buyer-paid 30 day returns on domestic purchases and no international shipping option except GSP.  The buyer opens a remorse return on a GSP purchase.  We can deny the request, we can accept the request.  If we deny the request, my fear is that eBay will not honor that decision and the buyer can escalate it to a claim (because we offer domestic returns).  If we accept the return, my fear is that eBay will force us to pay return shipping because it's a GSP purchase and there is no information about remorse return shipping on GSP transactions.  eBay phone CS is clueless with GSP, I contacted the social team a few days ago via FB and they have not responded.

velvet@ebay wrote:

3. The changes were finalized yesterday and you can refer to the updated posted here for more on that. At this point though, like past category changes, it's now going to be best to edit listings as necessary. I know it's not ideal but hopefully things like return policies can be added back-in using the bulk listing/editing options within the Seller Hub. 

velvet@ebay I read the update and have no problem editing existing listings.  But there are many new categories in Parts & Accessories that do not accept return policies right now (mostly the new "Other..." categories). 

Take a look at the eBay Technical Issues forum here, there are many sellers talking about it.

An example is 9887 - Other Interior Parts & Accessories  .  The API spits out this error: "Return policy is not supported for this category."  If you go through the Sell Your Item form, the returns section is completely missing.

There are many others. 9886,

I'm sorry for my confusion with the P&A issue @partsaholic. I've reached out for more info and will follow-up when I have news to share.

As for the GSP scenario though, you should be good to deny a remorse return. Since you only offer domestic returns that particular transaction/claim would not qualify for protection and is why you see the option to deny it. The GSP also doesn't protect against remorse returns, it just covers items that arrive damaged. So if you were to deny a GSP remorse return, then that would be it, and you wouldn't have to worry about any other repercussions. 

-----

Edit: Follow-up to the return policy query can be found here

Velvet,
eBay
Message 72 of 73
latest reply

@partsaholic I'm replying here to try to keep the post thread as easy to follow as possible. I have good news though, I've heard back that this is not a permanent thing! They're working on a fix to allow for return policies in those categories. 🙌

Velvet,
eBay
Message 73 of 73
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: