cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Your PR people like to refer to sellers as partners, but your actions say otherwise. Why is it that eBay enjoys exploiting others for eBay's gain? If you are going to require us to use item specifics then you need to take responsibility for YOUR item specifics. Quit hiding behind lazy excuses and expecting sellers to do YOUR jobs for free. When is eBay going to take accountability for eBay's site?

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Following up on tyler@ebay  response to this question from last week: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-June-30-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

Specifically, I'm looking in Seller Hub for a link to this page:

https://www.ebay.com/ipp/XXXX?transactionId=YYYY

where XXXX is the ebay item ID, and YYYY is the transaction ID.

That page was a feature of the old My Ebay.

I cannot find it in Seller Hub or in the instructions that Tyler provided.

That page is useful because it takes a snapshot of the listing (including images) at the moment a buyer purchases the item.

Ebay's policy on USED item listings is that the pictures must be of the actual item sold (used items - STOCK PHOTOS NOT ALLOWED - https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/picture-policy?id=4370&st=12&pos=1&query=Picture...)

If you are like us and sell multiple quantity listings of used items, the only way to comply with this policy is to update the listing after a sale with the next one in inventory.  Which is what our listing software does.  However, this can confuse buyers, who will revisit the listing, see pictures of an item that might slightly differ cosmetically and wonder what they've purchased.  Referring them to that link, previously in their "MY EBAY", solved this problem.

So, the question remains, where is this functionality in seller hub?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Obviously, you don't believe Rockstar's comment above is worthy of a reply. 
But it is.

We your "partners" re sick and tired of working around flaws in the system,  over and over.

When will you take responsibility, and make the system work as well as it did, say, ten years ago?
It's bloody about time!

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

Well good to see all you employees of ebay back again.

Again thanks for putting up with all us users and the questions and problems we come up with.

And thanks for all the help you give when and were you can...

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

While I'm glad Ebay  finally removed most of the suspect listings of Forever Stamps I wrote here about 2 weeks ago ,nine days later.

I have a few Questions and still disturbed by Ebay's actions.

(1) why didn't Ebay suspend the seller?In my case the seller still has 6000 listings.

(2) why doesn't Ebay notify buyers that they may has purchased counterfeit stamps from those sellers.

(3) If a buyer finds out later of fake stamps are you going to refund.

(4)Now that you removed the listings but not the seller & can't leave negative feedback seems you are protecting the sellers from a likely federal  crime.And if buyers saw all the likely negatives they would stay away from.

(5) If I ask for a refund from fake forever stamps,will you refund me without sending back something which is illegal to use to defraud  the government?

The seller already received another negative for fake pokemon cards.

Seems to me the only ones to profit are Ebay & seller in these cases if buyers aren't notified & allowed to return.

These listings were very easy to spot

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

@bimmerpc1 wrote:

Following up on tyler@ebay  response to this question from last week: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-June-30-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

Specifically, I'm looking in Seller Hub for a link to this page:

https://www.ebay.com/ipp/XXXX?transactionId=YYYY

where XXXX is the ebay item ID, and YYYY is the transaction ID.

That page was a feature of the old My Ebay.

I cannot find it in Seller Hub or in the instructions that Tyler provided.

That page is useful because it takes a snapshot of the listing (including images) at the moment a buyer purchases the item.

Ebay's policy on USED item listings is that the pictures must be of the actual item sold (used items - STOCK PHOTOS NOT ALLOWED - https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/picture-policy?id=4370&st=12&pos=1&query=Picture...)

If you are like us and sell multiple quantity listings of used items, the only way to comply with this policy is to update the listing after a sale with the next one in inventory.  Which is what our listing software does.  However, this can confuse buyers, who will revisit the listing, see pictures of an item that might slightly differ cosmetically and wonder what they've purchased.  Referring them to that link, previously in their "MY EBAY", solved this problem.

So, the question remains, where is this functionality in seller hub?

Hi @bimmerpc1 - thanks for the clarification and additional detail! Now that I'm on the same page I'll do some digging and see if I can find something that meets your needs. I'll update this comment when I have some more detail.

Update: @bimmerpc1 - would you mind getting me an item number example that I can use to do some searching? It will make it simpler for me if I need to end up sending it off to the Seller Hub team. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 60
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Your PR people like to refer to sellers as partners, but your actions say otherwise. Why is it that eBay enjoys exploiting others for eBay's gain? If you are going to require us to use item specifics then you need to take responsibility for YOUR item specifics. Quit hiding behind lazy excuses and expecting sellers to do YOUR jobs for free. When is eBay going to take accountability for eBay's site?

@gwzcomps we're always working to make improvements to our site. Member feedback can help speed up that process. Sellers are welcome to communicate their concerns with item specifics to sdsupport@ebay.com

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Following up on brittanie@ebay response to this question from last week: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-June-30-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

We are NOT asking for information about our specific transaction.

We are wondering why eBay is representing Global Shipping Program sellers as the international shipper.  Ebay takes title to the merchandise once it's delivered to the US center.  Ebay is solely responsible for delivery from there to the buyer.

Why is eBay falsifying sender information on Global Shipping program sales?

_____

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

When someone buys multiple items from me, the multiple emails I get EACH have the TOTAL amount the buyer paid. This makes me extra happy for a few seconds, then not so much when I realize what actually happened.

If you're going to have the total amount in the email, then you should only send one.

If you're going to send multiple emails, they should each include the price paid for just that one item.

_____

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

Good afternoon, Tyler and company.

A week ago I had deleted several listings and had no idea that the undelete function had been yanked. I received no assistance--just a response from Brian at the end of the hour stating the obvious.

The undelete function is essential and there is no justification for pulling it.

I am still waiting a week later after speaking with customer care to receive a file from "the back office" who I cannot speak with of my listing history. I have no idea what form it will take and if I will ever receive it. I do not know if it will be easy to view, navigate, or if I could copy and paste data or just view a PDF file.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Happy to see ebay finally rolling out some changes to stores functionality, and even a dedicated Stores Hub. Any chance ebay will actually Announce this, so we don't have to be guessing about it? And it would be great if you could get the Stores team to come here for a chat....

_____

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

When is the feedback system for buyers that make multiple purchases going to be fixed. I have been trying to leave feedback for my buyer and this is what I get: We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try again.

I have contacted customer support about this issue over 10 days ago and was told that I would be added tp the list and it should be fixed within 48 hours. It has now been over 10 days and again more broken promises from eBay. These constant glitches are getting old real fast. 

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO BE FIXED??????

_____

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

When someone buys multiple items from me, the multiple emails I get EACH have the TOTAL amount the buyer paid. This makes me extra happy for a few seconds, then not so much when I realize what actually happened.

If you're going to have the total amount in the email, then you should only send one.

If you're going to send multiple emails, they should each include the price paid for just that one item.

@carlqsportscards thanks for the feedback! We'll pass it along 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 14 of 60
latest reply

I should have added, I hope there's a lot more to come!

Also, for those who haven't seen it: https://www.ebay.com/b/Stores-HUB/bn_7004224522

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 15 of 60
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: