cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Community Chat, July 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

After all this time, I do not understand why we cannot chat with "the back office" and get our technical issues cleared up. Why are they kept out of reach with no ability to at least discuss issues here?

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

I also don't need email reminders to leave feedback for a buyer that never paid.

Last I knew we couldn't leave negative feedback. What does ebay want me to say in the feedback of a non-payer?

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

why "sdsupport"?

That certainly is not very intuitive.

"support.ebay.com" with "/" something more intuitive, or simply redirection to "sdsupport" would be much more useful in my mind.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

Hi, community team.

Last week, I asked a question about sellers outside USA/Canada/Australia/EU, who need to provide a Payoneer account to receive payments from Managed Payments (instead of a bank checking account).

That question was answered a few days ago, with a link to an informational post:

Were you asked to link a Payoneer account for payouts? Here’s why.

However, that post primarily addresses one type of sellers (business sellers). There was no specific information provided related to individual sellers (comparable to the info that was provided for business sellers).

Also, my original question was not addressed at all: 

Some sellers in Sri Lanka are not able to register for MP, because they are being told that they need to provide a Payoneer Business account. However, these sellers report that had changed their eBay account from Business to Individual, so they should be able to use a Payoneer Individual account, but they are not being allowed to.

• Why are these sellers being required to provide a Business Payoneer account, when that does not match their Individual eBay account?
  • What do these sellers need to do, in order to be able to complete their Managed Payments registration?

_____

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

@rosevelyn wrote:

Good afternoon, Tyler and company.

A week ago I had deleted several listings and had no idea that the undelete function had been yanked. I received no assistance--just a response from Brian at the end of the hour stating the obvious.

The undelete function is essential and there is no justification for pulling it.

I am still waiting a week later after speaking with customer care to receive a file from "the back office" who I cannot speak with of my listing history. I have no idea what form it will take and if I will ever receive it. I do not know if it will be easy to view, navigate, or if I could copy and paste data or just view a PDF file.

Hi @rosevelyn - sorry to leave you in the lurch! I'm not familiar with any process that a back office team can take that will recover deleted listing data. If they were able to get anything it would typically be titles and basic description, and could come in the form of an excel file or cached webpages.

I'll make sure that your suggestion for the reintroduction of the undelete button is made with the Seller Hub team!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 60
latest reply

@mcw1627jed wrote:

While I'm glad Ebay  finally removed most of the suspect listings of Forever Stamps I wrote here about 2 weeks ago ,nine days later.

I have a few Questions and still disturbed by Ebay's actions.

(1) why didn't Ebay suspend the seller?In my case the seller still has 6000 listings.

(2) why doesn't Ebay notify buyers that they may has purchased counterfeit stamps from those sellers.

(3) If a buyer finds out later of fake stamps are you going to refund.

(4)Now that you removed the listings but not the seller & can't leave negative feedback seems you are protecting the sellers from a likely federal  crime.And if buyers saw all the likely negatives they would stay away from.

(5) If I ask for a refund from fake forever stamps,will you refund me without sending back something which is illegal to use to defraud  the government?

The seller already received another negative for fake pokemon cards.

Seems to me the only ones to profit are Ebay & seller in these cases if buyers aren't notified & allowed to return.

These listings were very easy to spot

@mcw1627jed - Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.

1.) I do want to start by letting you know that as we protect all member privacy, we're not able to discuss actions taken on a member's account. This means I am not able to provide information on what was done on the reported member's account. 

2/3.) When we remove listings from the site where there have been sales, we do let the buyer know. The messaging depends on what the violation in the listing was. The buyer is then able to open a protection case to receive a refund.

4.) Buyers are not able to provide feedback on items that are removed currently, but I can pass along this feedback.

5.) Our protections for items that are not described, depend on the information you provide in the case. In general, we'll need proof of counterfeit to look at the options for a refund. 

Please continue to report any items on the site you feel are in violation of eBay policy, so they can be actioned appropriately.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 21 of 60
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I should have added, I hope there's a lot more to come!

Also, for those who haven't seen it: https://www.ebay.com/b/Stores-HUB/bn_7004224522

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques - me too! It's great to see the Stores team making some meaningful improvements, and I am eager to see what else they can do. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 60
latest reply

Tyler,

Removing the undelete function is like removing the restore function of a recycle bin. I have asked for help here and through customer care and the help has not arrived. Please help!!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 23 of 60
latest reply

Even though I know it’s wishful thinking, I am going to occasionally propose an idea or two in the chats. My expectation that any are taken seriously are less than zero. But hey where else am I gonna post it 😊

This time around feedback (yeah aim high!)

Seems like the amount of transactions where feedback is given by buyers I fairly low. Mine is about 50%. I am in Antiques and people there probably give at higher rate because often what I sell people are really grateful to have since they may have been looking around for one for awhile. But what’s the incentive if I buy a pair of socks?

Since eBay now tracks seller defects in other way, consumer feedback, which is extremely subjective, holds less weight.

Also, since only positive feedback can be left for buyers current system is diminished in usefulness as a marketplace trust factor. Assumes only sellers are responsible for trust when bad buyers cause just as much distrust as bad sellers (sellers turned of by buyers who flake or do fraud)

Feedback needs an overhaul some suggestions:

• End the requirement for a written comment in addition to rating positive, negative or neutral. Or only require for negative. Make it easier for buyers to click one and done.
  • Eliminate written all together and just have positive, negative neutral and star ratings
  • Consolidate all feedback into just one: star rating 1-5 create a new environment where a less than happy customer is no longer a red mark that sticks out like a sore thumb). Someone with what is now a 98% feedback rating would have like 4.75 stars. People might be more likely to leave feedback if it’s easier.
  • Have a feedback score against total number of eBay sales like anyuser(100)/total eBay sales 400 this lets potential buyers know that seller has more experience the their feedback suggests. Offsets the low feedback response rate. Combine this with nay of the above.  If the goal of feedback is to build buyer trust. FB combined with total transactions completed could be a great trust builder. I see a user has a feedback of 25 seems a bit low. Oh wait they have actually sold 100 items  and 25 people who did rate them were happy. Good enough for me.

_____
Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

why "sdsupport"?

That certainly is not very intuitive.

"support.ebay.com" with "/" something more intuitive, or simply redirection to "sdsupport" would be much more useful in my mind.

Hi @vrykalak - the email address sdsupport@ebay.com stands for 'Structured Data Support'. As to 'why' I can't really answer that, but that email address will get your item specifics report to the right team. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 60
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

When is the feedback system for buyers that make multiple purchases going to be fixed. I have been trying to leave feedback for my buyer and this is what I get: We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try again.

I have contacted customer support about this issue over 10 days ago and was told that I would be added tp the list and it should be fixed within 48 hours. It has now been over 10 days and again more broken promises from eBay. These constant glitches are getting old real fast. 

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO BE FIXED??????

@greg213213 the timeframe you were provided is inaccurate and I apologize for that. While this is a known issue, we don't not have an ETA on when a fix will be implemented.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 26 of 60
latest reply

@glasser 

An addition to your wish list for Feedback.  Completely do away with Buyer Feedback.  It is meaningless to sellers and while buyer may enjoy their own FB, the would get use to it not being there since most other similar sites do not have buyer FB at all.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 27 of 60
latest reply

Following up on mams question from the last chat session

When a buyer opens a claim in Ebay, we can enter typed information and pictures if needed and give details as a seller, BUT when a Chargeback is filed [buyer files a claim with their Credit card] those options do NOT exist.  The ONLY thing you can enter is a tracking number.  Depending on the reason for the chargeback that frequently is NOT enough info for Ebay and/or the CCC to have to accurately resolve the Chargeback.  

ALL MP needs to do is allow for comments from the Seller to be entered into the Chargeback record that is reviewed by a REAL person and the info shared with the CCC.  Sellers are LOSING Chargeback claims and getting charged a $20 fee because of it and this is completely unjust and unfair in many cases.  But due to a lack of information by Ebay and therefore the CCC, no one knows the details except the seller which in MP they WON'T allow us to share during the Chargeback process.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 28 of 60
latest reply

I want to second the suggestions from @my-cottage-books-and-antiques . I noticed yesterday that the newsletter feature has changed. This might be good, but I can't really tell since I can't seem to view the newsletter I created. 🙄 Also, it looks like certain functions have been removed from Manage My Store. Are we losing some features? Without notice, subscriber discounts were suddenly moved under the Marketing tab in Seller Hub. Huh?

Will eBay announce and explain the changes to stores, and if so, when? As a store subscriber, paying for a service, I'd appreciate better communication. Or, hey, any communication ...

_____

Message 29 of 60
latest reply

@bimmerpc1 wrote:

Following up on brittanie@ebay response to this question from last week: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-June-30-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

We are NOT asking for information about our specific transaction.

We are wondering why eBay is representing Global Shipping Program sellers as the international shipper.  Ebay takes title to the merchandise once it's delivered to the US center.  Ebay is solely responsible for delivery from there to the buyer.

Why is eBay falsifying sender information on Global Shipping program sales?

@bimmerpc1 - I'm sorry for any confusion. In your original message, you said you were not sure how to proceed with a refund to the buyer because of the item being rejected by customs. This specific scenario has to be handled by customer service and they could also review the documentation you are referring to provide further information for your question on shipping. The Global Shipping team has more information on the specifics of how the items are processed by our third party shipper and should be able to address this in more detail. I unfortunately, do not have these details to share here. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 60
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: