cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

I am having a problem with an item I purchased.

I purchased the item on Wed Nov 4

The estimated ship time says two different things.  When I purchased the item there was no indication of extended handling time, and the seller says they shipped right away although they gave a fake tracking number (goes nowhere and does not track)

On the order detail page it gives an estimate of November 10 and on my purchased items page in seller hub, it gives November 17-18,

Both are worthless.  When I asked the seller for a correct tracking number, he gave me another suspect number that showed delivery to a city about 30 miles from me and a ship date 5 days before I even purchased the item.

Why would I get two different estimates?  And what are buyers seeing when we ship items.  Is this normal to have two estimates (and why my ship by estimates only give 1 day to arrive?

order1.pngorder2.png

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

That is what it showing on every single purchase I have had lately. Nothing else.

Mine too it appears.  I went and did a little research.  I had not notice.  While mine are a single date as you previously stated it is a reasonable date.  But I find a single date far more problematic than I do a date range.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 57
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

Hey @pburn 

The next time you run into this HTML error message, click the three dots next to the quotation marks and select HTML. Copy and paste this into a word doc or notepad and then tag us in a thread and we'll reach out so we can get the file from you to report it.

brittanie@ebay 

You mean you can't replicate the error on your end when you try to post on the discussion boards? You and your fellow teammates never get the HTML error?

You can't send your own files to Khoros to look at?

There are threads about the HTML error on the Community Platform Feedback board. I'm sure there are screenshots and whatever in those threads.

@pburn That is correct. We are not able to replicate this issue on our end and Khoros hasn't been able to either, which is why they requested we get new examples they can work with.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Any updates on the various problems plaguing the Community for most of 2020?

I notice the log in issue disappeared but came back.  Not as bad as it was, but back nonetheless.

Hi @mam98031 - the login issue fix has been rolled out to all community instances, and should no longer be a problem. 

If you are seeing this again will you please tag us to some examples because the root cause was corrected? 

When it comes to the other issues that have been persistent throughout this year, I don't have any updates. We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay ). Keep an eye out for that on the Community Platform Feedback board. Thanks!

Is that really recent?  As I had to log in this morning.  Just once or twice but it still happened this morning for me.

I am fully confident that someone is working on it and I know I ask for updates all the time.  But when it has been close to 7 months with some of these issues, it leaves a non technical person such as myself going WHY?  That is a huge amount of time to track down and fix something.  Are there enough actual programmers working on this?  Or is it a skeleton crew?

And what about the titles on each posting.  Rebecca had them removed, then shortly thereafter said she reversed that decision as it wasn't well received by the community.  That too was months ago yet the titles aren't back.

It is just hard for those of us that are active on the communities as so much time is wasted with these errors constantly plaguing us.  Not to mention those that are seeking advice and then the bell doesn't update with a new posting on some threads.  We just have to stumble across them.  

I never depended on the Bell before the issue happened that the emails would no longer send.  From the 1st day I started using it several months ago it has never or very rarely been completely accurate.

Hi @mam98031 - it's definitely frustrating for all of us, and one of Sheila's priorities is holding Khoros to task and getting progress made on improvements and technical bugs. They have teams working on issues, but some are larger than just our Community instance alone (other Khoros customers are impacted) and the root cause requires a larger redesign of Khoros components. Which leaves us waiting while their engineering teams develop said components and roll it out to all customers. 

I know that the email issue is being addressed as a priority, but I don't have a further update on that specific issue at this point in time. 

Thanks!

So how long is Ebay willing to wait for them to get stuff fixed?  I know you likely don't have an answer to that.  But it is a valid question and shouldn't be a surprising one after all this time.

It is my hope that 2021 is a far better year than it has been for 2020.  It seems it is just one thing after another this year on all kinds of elements of our lives!!!

Hi @mam98031 - you're correct I don't have an answer to provide to you on that, though I agree with your sentiment - I also hope that we all see a better 2021, in general and with the Community platform too. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 34 of 57
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

There is a thread that has an eBay seller stating that they have linked their MP to a "savings account".

Is this now allowed?

If so, we should be made aware, as the current response to questions about the type of account required are being answered as "checking only". 

The correct answer needs to be given to those asking.

Would you give us a link to that thread please?

Here you are:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Can-I-add-savings-account-instead-of-checking...

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@pburn wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

Hey @pburn 

The next time you run into this HTML error message, click the three dots next to the quotation marks and select HTML. Copy and paste this into a word doc or notepad and then tag us in a thread and we'll reach out so we can get the file from you to report it.

brittanie@ebay 

You mean you can't replicate the error on your end when you try to post on the discussion boards? You and your fellow teammates never get the HTML error?

You can't send your own files to Khoros to look at?

There are threads about the HTML error on the Community Platform Feedback board. I'm sure there are screenshots and whatever in those threads.

@pburn That is correct. We are not able to replicate this issue on our end and Khoros hasn't been able to either, which is why they requested we get new examples they can work with.

Try going to one of the Ebay policy pages.  Cut and paste some text into a post.  I find that if you include titles it will give you the flooding error every time.  If I don't, it is more hit and miss.

Also try creating a document in MS word.  Then try to C&P it into a post.  That will also produce a flood error, or at least it does for me.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 36 of 57
latest reply

Hello,  Can I get an update on Multi Location Inventory Feature?

I found this link on your webpage but nobody at support knows anything about the program.  I need this feature.

John Norman

Max Optical LLC.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/estimated-delivery-dates.html#better-buying-experience

wesellrimage_0-1605736296769.png

----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. The ? was asked as an M2M post, so I can not copy & paste this response there, but nice to be aware that there have been no changes in the type of account required for MP  payouts..

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Brittanie, So, probably not for the Holiday Season, huh?  Well, a man can dream, can't he?

I would never crush your dreams. 🙂

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

Yes it problematic as every seller faces the nasty Late Shipment dings that eBay will give you if the buyer doesn't have the item by/on the date they show the buyer. It also opens up another can of worms with an INR that the buyer can open.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

Why is the estimated delivery date showing to a buyer to be one day after sellers last date to ship? I have enclosed a screen shot of what is happening. This is really false information being given to a buyer and could hurt a seller.

Screenshot_2020-11-17 Sales record – eBay Seller Hub.png

@greg213213 In the examples I've viewed in the past the actual EDD given the buyer was farther out then what appears on the page you've shared in the screenshot. I'm happy to review a current example if you'll tag me in another thread.

I also need to note that the EDD is based on the sellers historic shipping data, so if you typically ship items quicker then the handling time you've stated then we'll take that quicker shipping time into account when calculating the EDD. It's possible this is the case in the example you've shared.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 41 of 57
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Brian, Here's an item that does not have free shipping: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283952391218?_trkparms=itm%3A283952391218

Plug in "Christmas Tree platter" in Terapeak and this item will come up in the search results with free shipping. There are probably others in the same search as well.

Thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! I'll take a look at this later today 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 42 of 57
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

Yes it problematic as every seller faces the nasty Late Shipment dings that eBay will give you if the buyer doesn't have the item by/on the date they show the buyer. It also opens up another can of worms with an INR that the buyer can open.

Should not get that "ding" if handling time is met.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

Well, I guess in that case, I'll continue hoping......

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

brittanie@ebay 

I don't understand how that doesn't happen. I get hit with it almost every time I post. SMH.

Windows 10 OS (up to date)

Chrome Browser (up to date)

Desktop version

If you read some of the threads on the Community Platform Feedback board, you'll note there are multiple problems with the HTML error. 

Maybe I'll just start another thread on the topic so eBay and Khoros can just monitor that . . . I think they'll be able to glean all they need to know from the dozens of comments members will post.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 45 of 57
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: