cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Community Chat, November 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

No update on the Terapeak "free shipping" issue? I'm still seeing "free shipping" in the active tab for listings that don't have free shipping.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques I don't have an update, but I'd like to see if I can get one. If you can share a recent example (screenshot of what you're seeing in Terapeak vs. on the listing, along with the item number) then I'll use that when I push for an update from the team. I can send you email shortly to get that info. Thank you!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 16 of 57
latest reply

Why is the estimated delivery date showing to a buyer to be one day after sellers last date to ship? I have enclosed a screen shot of what is happening. This is really false information being given to a buyer and could hurt a seller.

Screenshot_2020-11-17 Sales record – eBay Seller Hub.png

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

Why is the estimated delivery date showing to a buyer to be one day after sellers last date to ship? I have enclosed a screen shot of what is happening. This is really false information being given to a buyer and could hurt a seller.

I am having the same ongoing problem .  ebay sabatages sellers with this strategy.  It is impossible to understand why ebay puts sellers in this position.

shipping.png

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

What?  Is it not showing a date range for the ETA, instead a single date?  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 57
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Any updates on the various problems plaguing the Community for most of 2020?

I notice the log in issue disappeared but came back.  Not as bad as it was, but back nonetheless.

Hi @mam98031 - the login issue fix has been rolled out to all community instances, and should no longer be a problem. 

If you are seeing this again will you please tag us to some examples because the root cause was corrected? 

When it comes to the other issues that have been persistent throughout this year, I don't have any updates. We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay ). Keep an eye out for that on the Community Platform Feedback board. Thanks!

Is that really recent?  As I had to log in this morning.  Just once or twice but it still happened this morning for me.

I am fully confident that someone is working on it and I know I ask for updates all the time.  But when it has been close to 7 months with some of these issues, it leaves a non technical person such as myself going WHY?  That is a huge amount of time to track down and fix something.  Are there enough actual programmers working on this?  Or is it a skeleton crew?

And what about the titles on each posting.  Rebecca had them removed, then shortly thereafter said she reversed that decision as it wasn't well received by the community.  That too was months ago yet the titles aren't back.

It is just hard for those of us that are active on the communities as so much time is wasted with these errors constantly plaguing us.  Not to mention those that are seeking advice and then the bell doesn't update with a new posting on some threads.  We just have to stumble across them.  

I never depended on the Bell before the issue happened that the emails would no longer send.  From the 1st day I started using it several months ago it has never or very rarely been completely accurate.

Hi @mam98031 - it's definitely frustrating for all of us, and one of Sheila's priorities is holding Khoros to task and getting progress made on improvements and technical bugs. They have teams working on issues, but some are larger than just our Community instance alone (other Khoros customers are impacted) and the root cause requires a larger redesign of Khoros components. Which leaves us waiting while their engineering teams develop said components and roll it out to all customers. 

I know that the email issue is being addressed as a priority, but I don't have a further update on that specific issue at this point in time. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 57
latest reply

Brian, Here's an item that does not have free shipping: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283952391218?_trkparms=itm%3A283952391218

Plug in "Christmas Tree platter" in Terapeak and this item will come up in the search results with free shipping. There are probably others in the same search as well.

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

Hey @pburn 

The next time you run into this HTML error message, click the three dots next to the quotation marks and select HTML. Copy and paste this into a word doc or notepad and then tag us in a thread and we'll reach out so we can get the file from you to report it.

brittanie@ebay 

You mean you can't replicate the error on your end when you try to post on the discussion boards? You and your fellow teammates never get the HTML error?

You can't send your own files to Khoros to look at?

There are threads about the HTML error on the Community Platform Feedback board. I'm sure there are screenshots and whatever in those threads.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

There is a thread that has an eBay seller stating that they have linked their MP to a "savings account".

Is this now allowed?

If so, we should be made aware, as the current response to questions about the type of account required are being answered as "checking only". 

The correct answer needs to be given to those asking.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

I find it quite ridiculous that eBay feels it is ok to hit me with some shipping fees from months back with no accountability and no way for me to confirm what happened.  Like usual eBay's CS is too worthless to even give me an answer.  You pretend to care about your users, but it is f all when it comes to problems eBay creates.  I shouldn't get notified about something like this months after it happens.  The email came in November 13.

gwzcomps_0-1605735479091.png

_____

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Any updates on the various problems plaguing the Community for most of 2020?

I notice the log in issue disappeared but came back.  Not as bad as it was, but back nonetheless.

Hi @mam98031 - the login issue fix has been rolled out to all community instances, and should no longer be a problem. 

If you are seeing this again will you please tag us to some examples because the root cause was corrected? 

When it comes to the other issues that have been persistent throughout this year, I don't have any updates. We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay ). Keep an eye out for that on the Community Platform Feedback board. Thanks!

Is that really recent?  As I had to log in this morning.  Just once or twice but it still happened this morning for me.

I am fully confident that someone is working on it and I know I ask for updates all the time.  But when it has been close to 7 months with some of these issues, it leaves a non technical person such as myself going WHY?  That is a huge amount of time to track down and fix something.  Are there enough actual programmers working on this?  Or is it a skeleton crew?

And what about the titles on each posting.  Rebecca had them removed, then shortly thereafter said she reversed that decision as it wasn't well received by the community.  That too was months ago yet the titles aren't back.

It is just hard for those of us that are active on the communities as so much time is wasted with these errors constantly plaguing us.  Not to mention those that are seeking advice and then the bell doesn't update with a new posting on some threads.  We just have to stumble across them.  

I never depended on the Bell before the issue happened that the emails would no longer send.  From the 1st day I started using it several months ago it has never or very rarely been completely accurate.

Hi @mam98031 - it's definitely frustrating for all of us, and one of Sheila's priorities is holding Khoros to task and getting progress made on improvements and technical bugs. They have teams working on issues, but some are larger than just our Community instance alone (other Khoros customers are impacted) and the root cause requires a larger redesign of Khoros components. Which leaves us waiting while their engineering teams develop said components and roll it out to all customers. 

I know that the email issue is being addressed as a priority, but I don't have a further update on that specific issue at this point in time. 

Thanks!

So how long is Ebay willing to wait for them to get stuff fixed?  I know you likely don't have an answer to that.  But it is a valid question and shouldn't be a surprising one after all this time.

It is my hope that 2021 is a far better year than it has been for 2020.  It seems it is just one thing after another this year on all kinds of elements of our lives!!!

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

There is a thread that has an eBay seller stating that they have linked their MP to a "savings account".

Is this now allowed?

If so, we should be made aware, as the current response to questions about the type of account required are being answered as "checking only". 

Would you give us a link to that thread please?

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Credit where credit is do: I'd like to thank the ebay Partner Network team for the new short form link, and the QR Code link. Now....when can we expect to see QR codes available for our packing slips?

Thank you @my-cottage-books-and-antiques  for the shout out. I'm super excited about this too! One of the first things I thought of with the QR code is other shipping solutions it could help with, like return labels and packing slips. I know that both of these are on that team's radar for the future, but we don't have any specifics at this time. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Is this now allowed?

Hi @buyselljack2016 - I'm required to provide disclaimers first:

As someone who is not an expert on managed payments I may not be able to address your question in its entirety. If you have been notified to register for managed payments you are able to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page.

The information provided is accurate as of today's date (11-18-2020) but may become outdated in the future. If you are reading this at a later date please consider checking the Help Pages or request a call back from a managed payments teammate who can provide the most up to date information.

With that out of the way, there has not been a change to the type of account allowed on managed payments.

We require sellers to link a checking account to managed payments instead of a savings account to facilitate a positive managed payments experience. 

To get paid, sellers must add a checking account. Currently, sellers can add a checking account after registering by navigating to the Payments tab in Seller Hub. Sellers are required to add checking account information during registration.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 57
latest reply

Brittanie, So, probably not for the Holiday Season, huh?  Well, a man can dream, can't he?

_____

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

That is what it showing on every single purchase I have had lately. Nothing else.

Message 30 of 57
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: