cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Dec 12 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi eBay Community!

Join The Community Team here for our weekly chat here from 1-2 pm Pacific Time. We will be discussing general topics so please bring any buying or selling questions you have slight smile

Chat soon. 💬

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Community Chat, Dec 12 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

I have a question regarding free returns offered by seller: is eBay assisting sellers, such as greater return label discount or something similar to alleviate all those add up costs , to accomplish this? I do want to offer free returns to my buyers but shipping fees are so high...
Message 16 of 43
latest reply

Thanks Tyler.
Message 17 of 43
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

Sell your item form:

Really like the ability to choose to Promote the listing right from the SYI form.  Great idea!

I imagine the whole sales tax part of the form will change at some point to reflect the Supreme Court ruling regarding state's collecting sales tax on online sales.

Any idea when the listing form will change? 

Hi @b86fiero - glad you like the SYI integration on Promoted listings!

Sales tax collection is changing - we've made some announcements about this in the last few months, but it gets summed up pretty well here (long story short: yes, dates will vary depending on the state).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 43
latest reply

Buyer from another country uses a freight forewarding service as a ship to address.

Once item reaches the freight forewarding address I am assuming the 30 day return window starts?

Should buyer from another country want a return where is a seller liable in this? From address shipped to?

Is this actually even suppose to happen with sales on Ebay?

Is  a seller liable at all once it leaves the ship to address listed with ebay?

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

Hello,  how do I set up my account for my 4 regional warehouses?   I have 5000 listings and I ship from the warehouse closest to my buyer.  Your Item location policy reads, 

All items located in the United States must include a zip code or use the shipping rate table, unless the item ships using freight shipping, or will ship from multiple locations.

(Link to your online policy) https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-location-misrepresentation-policy?id=4244

I use rate tables and i ship from multiple locations so I meet the requirment of not needing a zip code.   It is not possible to remove the Zip Code from my eBay listings. I spent hours with support tyring but it failed every time. 

Ebay Anchor surrport told me my account is being limited due to enforcement of matching listings item location to the actual ship from location.

I am down 80% in sales due to this new enforcement as I NEVER ship from the listing zip code.

I am desprate and need help.

John Norman 

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@b86fiero wrote:

Not sure of this can be answered here or maybe answered a long time ago and I can't find the info ....

Are products recalled by the manufacturer automatically deleted from the eBay catalog? 

Are listings for recalled products automatically deleted from the site?

Hi @b86fiero, items subject to a recall from the manufacturer or a government agency would be in violation of Product Safety Policy and we would work to get these items removed from the site. This would not necessarily remove the product from our catalog, as many recalls are temporary and the product may be available again in the future. We will address these on a case by case basis.

If you see any items that should be reviewed because of a relate recall you can report this directly from the listing by selecting Report Item link > Prohibited and restricted items > Other prohibited or restricted items > Recalled items. We'll be happy to review for appropriate action!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Follow up question ...

Since the recalled item would remain in the catalog, it is conceivable an unknowing seller could list that product and a buyer could purchase it.  

Most buyers figure if the product is in the catalog and item specifics are automatically added to their listing then there is no issue.

Who then is responsible for the recalled product appearing on the site again and being purchased?  Is that squarely on the seller?  

Would the seller receive some type of defect or strike on their account for listing a recalled product?   Would the fact that the product still appears in the catalog serve as a mitigating circumstance?

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

Returns: Free Returns and Non Free Returns.

Once item is returned and anything less than 100% refund done why is it still left up to the buyer to approve days later?

Why is it a buyer can wait past the listed time frame given on a return to return? 

If CS is called the #1 reason given is "Let's give the buyer a few more days" 'then call us back"

We as sellers have a handling time deadline with Ebay why not a enforced deadline with buyers?

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

December 5th

Is Ebay going to make this right on late shipments without sellers having to stand inline on the phone getting it corrected?

We had well over 10 plus items that were flagged late due to this.

BTW: UPS and FEDEX were business as usual so no reason why a seller could not ship If they used those 2 services.

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

@piggy780 wrote:
I have a question regarding free returns offered by seller: is eBay assisting sellers, such as greater return label discount or something similar to alleviate all those add up costs , to accomplish this? I do want to offer free returns to my buyers but shipping fees are so high...

Hi @piggy780 - shipping costs are no joke, that's for sure! There's not a specific discount on return labels that's given for offering free returns. However, by offering free returns to your buyers you are eligible for the Top Rated Plus discount of 10% on Final Value Fees. Additionally, depending on your specific rate of returns, it may help you offset your cost of return postage by building a nominal amount into your pricing model (basically spreading your return shipping costs out across all your items sold). I hope that helps give you more information and helps you make a decision that works best for you! 😄

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 43
latest reply

We get messages about your items are in carts now drop the price to make the sale.

HELLO.........If they are in the carts let's make the sale without dropping the price............

A very annoying email from ebay

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

I'm sure one of the guys will come along before long and give you some additional information.  But for the time being maybe this will help.  From the MBG.

Not covered

• Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
  • Items damaged during local pickup
  • Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
  • Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
  • Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
  • Items shipped to another address after original delivery

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 26 of 43
latest reply

Silly little question:

The eBay logo is red right now, presumably for the holiday season.  I like the red!

What color is it going to be in January?

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

Hi to Alan and everyone from the eBay Community group,

Long time, no speak. I hope you are all preparing to have a happy Christmas and great holiday soon.

I have a question relating to sales tax, and eBay beginning to collect and remit sales tax for a number of states in the new year.

eBay sales tax collection

When eBay begins to collect sales tax for some states on Jan 1, 2019, will you prevent sellers from also collecting sales tax for those states? In essence, they would be double-charging the buyers.

Some USA sellers would do this by mistake, not realising that eBay was now doing it for them, but unfortunately, some foreign sellers do this now deliberately, as a way of increasing their profits, and they don't remit the money collected to any states.

There are some foreign sellers who have been charging, say, 10% to 25% on all their sales, to all states, and calling it a sales tax. Obviously, this fee is never remitted to any of the states, because it doesn't comply with the laws for collecting sales tax in any state. There is no way for a buyer to avoid paying this fraudulent charge except to find a better seller.

I think, when eBay begins to collect and remit sales tax for some states on Jan 1, 2019, that this would be a good time to block this practice, and stop foreign sellers from collecting these flat-rate fees to all states (not just the ones that eBay will be collecting sales tax for).

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

@maxoptical wrote:

Hello,  how do I set up my account for my 4 regional warehouses?   I have 5000 listings and I ship from the warehouse closest to my buyer.  Your Item location policy reads, 

All items located in the United States must include a zip code or use the shipping rate table, unless the item ships using freight shipping, or will ship from multiple locations.

(Link to your online policy) https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-location-misrepresentation-policy?id=4244

I use rate tables and i ship from multiple locations so I meet the requirment of not needing a zip code.   It is not possible to remove the Zip Code from my eBay listings. I spent hours with support tyring but it failed every time. 

Ebay Anchor surrport told me my account is being limited due to enforcement of matching listings item location to the actual ship from location.

I am down 80% in sales due to this new enforcement as I NEVER ship from the listing zip code.

I am desprate and need help.

John Norman 

@maxoptical

Hi John - If you have multiple ship from locations you aren't required to provide a zip code in your listing, and you shouldn't be being penalized for this. I'm going to have your contacts to Anchor Support reviewed for clarity and appropriate coaching. Do you remember around when this conversation happened?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 43
latest reply

I know this happened a long time ago, but I like to better understand why Ebay made this change.

The TRS badge is only visable to buyer if they look at our FB page.  Why was this change made.  It use to show on our listings, but now it is only the TRS+ badge that shows.

Why is it more important for a buyer to know we are eligible for the TRS FVF discount than it is to know that we are TRS sellers?  TRS+ as we all know simply means that, that particular listing meets the requirements for the seller to receive a discount on their FVFs.  Why isn't it more important for a seller to know that we meet all the standards of TRS and that is what should be advertised, not the discount status?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 30 of 43
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: