cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 SPRING SELLER POLICY UPDATES

The seller has 3 days to respond to an item not as described claim. The buyer has how many days to return the item?  I don't see the time frame listed anywhere.  Why isn't listed? Does it vary from one poor seller to the next?

In the past one or my returns kept changing the return date, finally it closed out approx. 2 months later. The buyer never returned the item. This case the buyer wanted to keep the book I sent her, and have me buy her another book on Ebay for her.

"Changes to handling return requests that appear abandoned

Starting April 1, 2020, we will no longer close returns early at the request of a seller when the buyer has not shipped the item back. Instead, we will wait to ensure buyers have sufficient time to provide proof items they requested to return were shipped back. If we do not receive proof of shipment from your buyers while the return requests are active, we will protect you by removing any negative or neutral feedback left on that transaction.

Changes to handling “Item not as described” return requests for all sellers

eBay Money Back Guarantee requires sellers to respond within 3 business days when buyers request to return items that don't match listing descriptions. When you do not respond, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you without requiring the buyer to ship the item back. Starting June 1, 2020, we may decide these cases after the 3 business days elapse without requiring the buyer to contact eBay."

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

2020 SPRING SELLER POLICY UPDATES

@ehdolphy wrote:

The seller has 3 days to respond to an item not as described claim. The buyer has how many days to return the item?  I don't see the time frame listed anywhere.  Why isn't listed? Does it vary from one poor seller to the next?

Up to 35 BUSINESS DAYS!

How much time are buyers given to ship returned items?
When buyers are sent an eBay-generated return label, the return is closed if the label is not printed within 10 business days. If the buyer prints the label, we allow the return to remain open an additional 5 business days to ensure shipping scans are captured. When buyers are not sent an eBay-generated return label, we wait up to 35 business days before closing the return.

Under seller protection FAQs 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-spring/service.html#m22_tb_a1_19

Message 2 of 2
latest reply