cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
Are you new to the group and don't know where to start? How about here, tell us a little about yourself, what you sell, how long you have been selling and anything you would like to add. -- .......... dsbooksnmore ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool
Books are Fun Entertaining Educational
and well...
Just Plain Good For The Mind And Soul.
Give One Today.

-- Edited by dsbooksnmore at 03/18/2011 5:07 PM PDT

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

I'm Phoenix. I've been selling on eBay for almost a year.  I'm disabled and selling on Ebay makes me a little extra money, plus it keeps me busy and focused.  Have had mostly good experiences, and a few that weren't so swell.  Overall, it's been good.  I was not expecting Christmas to be almost a total bust, but by mid-January, things had picked up.  Just in this past week, things have slowed down again. I don't know if it's because we're nearing tax time or something else?  If anyone has been selling on Ebay for a few years and has noted any cycles in buying patterns, I would really appreciate the info.  Have learned a lot in a year -- will most definitely learn a lot more this next year!

Message 106 of 155
latest reply

Yes, the holiday season was a bust for us too. Used lingerie for returns, people claiming they wanted to "cancel" their bids AFTER they've won the item,, etc. Basically, it is a combination of people being cheap, the type of items we sell attracting not so ethical buyers, and the economy being in the toilet. Mostly a bad economy. We have not experienced all these annoying so called buyers until fairly recently. All one can do is their best.
Kitty's Jewelry - Etc.
Alt. Fashion 4 Less.
Google us!
Message 107 of 155
latest reply

Hi,

I'm Cherri.  I've been selling on ebay going on 10 years and love every minute of it! I'm still learning everyday and customers never cease to amaze me one way or the other.  Ebay is a passion, making and selling natural body products that are chemical free is also a passion.  Definately a marriage that works for me and gives me the drive to work as hard as I do Smiley Happy

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on the detour."
Message 108 of 155
latest reply

Hi everyone,

I'm Chaid and I sell basketball cards. Looking forward to learning and sharing my experience.

Cheers

C.
Message 109 of 155
latest reply

Hi Iam Mari Lynne from Southern California. Been selling over 5 years but doing more now, since I have been needing some extra cash.  It is kind fun and exciting hearing my phone go off when the register has hit Paid.  I sell Vintage items, mostly what I have in my house, I want to venture out to garage sales just need to find some partners to do that, no fun by yourself.  I make jewlery with my daughter and I sell that on Etsy, and occaionally on Ebay.  I have had a pretty good streak with EBAY haven't had too many troubles that I can't figure out or understand why.  Glad to join, and hope to learn more about selling goodies on ebay and how to branch out.  Have a great evening everyone.

MLK

Message 110 of 155
latest reply

Glad to "meet" like minded sellers.  After 20 years of brick/mortar VINTAGE stores, I am now going online.   Scared..such a huge learning curve and so many rules to understand.  Have a LOT of very cool vintage inventory to liquidate and seem to be paralyzed to begin..daunting.  Glad to read such positive posts regarding E-Bay business.  Thanks for this group!

Message 111 of 155
latest reply

Hi just found your group. 

I have been moderating another group for a few years. Started 2nd group yesterday.    Someone told me about this group and asked me to take a look. So here I am. Looks like  a good place to learn from one another.

Wishing you all well be back soon,

DWB

Message 112 of 155
latest reply

Hi Smiley Happy,

I'm glad to join this group. It's new for me to join ebay group.

Thank you for the group!

Message 113 of 155
latest reply

Hi

Sally and Don, we sell mostly used clothing

Message 114 of 155
latest reply

Hello, I am glad to find this group. I started selling on eBay in Feb. 2014 I thought I was doing well learning things everyday. then things started to slow down, and now I have not sold any thing in more then 30 days. Its crazy what have I done wrong? I hope that you might be able to help me get back on track. I know its summer, and the things I sell,l you have to be interested in them but... well that why I thought I would join. To read other posts get inspired again.

Message 115 of 155
latest reply

Hello! Glad to be here
Message 116 of 155
latest reply

Yes, I'm new to this group. Been doing e-bay since 2002 when I retired. Sell primarily diecast cars, trucks, etc. So far, very happy with e-bay. We used to have a store but had to close due to expense of rent, electric, etc. E-bay makes us both happy and I have never had a problem during the 12 years like some of these newbies complain about. We don't make alot of money, but it does supplement our SS, which is a big help. Hopefully this group stays around for awhile. Good luck on selling and don't let the slow months get you down.

Message 117 of 155
latest reply

Hi everyone I'm Rick and new to this. I got four almost new high performance racing tires and rims that I put up for auction today. Only 1 view so far and no bids. I would love any advice or help u could give me. Thanks everyone!
Message 118 of 155
latest reply

Hello,

I'm glad to be here.

I am returning to ebay after having been on Etsy for the past few years.  I handcraft the items I sell, using mostly vintage molds that I have collected through the years.

I have been involved with my craft since 1989, having owned a brick and mortar store and travelling to work craft shows when I first started.  Then I discovered ebay and enjoyed selling here.  But then I discovered Etsy and thought maybe that was a better fit for me because I am handmade.  That has changed as Etsy has re-defined Handmade and their site as not being Handcrafted anymore.

I have been keeping up with all of the updates with ebay through the years and am axious to learn more about being found in search and being a successful seller here on ebay.

Message 119 of 155
latest reply

Hi everybody! I'm Ashley, and I'm a relatively new eBay seller and long-time eBay buyer. I've always loved Giga Pets and other vintage virtual pets, so I sell a lot of those. I also sell fun and interesting earrings. Of course I am always looking for tips! Once I see some of my stuff sell a little better, I will stock my store with even more goodies!

Message 120 of 155
latest reply