cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
Are you new to the group and don't know where to start? How about here, tell us a little about yourself, what you sell, how long you have been selling and anything you would like to add. -- .......... dsbooksnmore ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool
Books are Fun Entertaining Educational
and well...
Just Plain Good For The Mind And Soul.
Give One Today.

-- Edited by dsbooksnmore at 03/18/2011 5:07 PM PDT

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: Listed Finally

Thank you.   I was concerned trying to figure out what I needed to do in the tax table when I saw some boxes were different and could be typed in.    So I just accept it as it is and move on?

Message 151 of 155
latest reply

If there is no money in PayPal and there are charges I need to pay will it just get charged to my credit card?

There will be no charges until you sell something (you have 50 Free Listings monthly as an eBay seller but as a newbie, you won't be able to use them all yet) nor until someone pays you (Paypal will charge you a non-refundable 30c fee for each payment and 2.9% of each payment).

Unless you are buying, which is a good idea in any case to build your feedback (trustworthiness) and give you a better idea of the customer experience.

Choose sellers of stuff you need (poly envelopes, a digital scale, tubesocks) who leaves FB on shipment.

Message 152 of 155
latest reply

@a2zforme2you     @femmefan1946   Answered your question in regards to the paypal balance and sales tax..  I just wanted to add in regards to fees do NOT use any optional upgrades such as reserve price or bold title etc.  Those are extra fees that are charged even if your items doesn't sell.  

Just be sure to check the bottom of the listing form and if it says $ may be charged then click on the "i"  and see what the charges are for and remove the options you chose.

Selling fees:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364&st=2&pos=1&query=Sellin...

In regards to paying for shipping labels.   This help article breaks it down pretty well.   Basically the money you get for the sale can be used to buy your shipping label if you print your labels on ebay.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Commonly-Asked-Questions/How-do-I-pay-later-when-purchasing-a-shipping...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 153 of 155
latest reply

Linked PayPal to eBay and listed 2 books just to get started.  Found where to revise listing if needed.

Message 154 of 155
latest reply

@a2zforme2you   It's good to start with low cost items so you can get a feel of how things work.   I don't see the books you listed as active yet but it can take up to 24 hours for the items to index ( go live) on the site

After the first few items it's much quicker

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 155 of 155
latest reply