cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Checkout issues with PayPal

I have same issue, what a mess, several transactions.  Neither paypal or ebay will work to resolve.  I guess not an actual bank, I hate to shut down the whole setup but appears I have no choice but to use another service due to the errors.  Super frustrating.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

I have same issue, what a mess, several transactions.  Neither paypal or ebay will work to resolve.  I guess not an actual bank, I hate to shut down the whole setup but appears I have no choice but to use another service due to the errors.  Super frustrating.

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

@mdragoj 

you are in Australia and referencing a thread from 2018.............

you need to post on the Australian Board and to explain your problem specifically.........

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

For first time in my eBay experiance I got this problem too. From today (11.07.2019) it just doesn't work to pay with PayPal. Tryed with different browsers, cleared caches and cookies and still the same issue.  It will great if it get fixed as soon as possible.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

I have same issue for ebay.ca can't check out item, everytime click paypal, it just like the popup got blocked, I check but there is no block for the popup, as I brought tons item before.

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

The last item in the thread is July 2019...........

Contacted PayPal and they said the issue was with the particular sellers website. You need to contact the seller to send you a manual PayPal invoice.

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

I've got the same problem. It automatically says click a payment option and forgot the credit card I normally use. When I click a payment option and try to use one of my ebay gift cards it won't load it up at all. That's pretty much how I do all of my buying. -- At least now I know the problem isn't just related to me. I feel bad about some of the words I've said about leaving. -- Still though, even when the card finally loads up it says there is an error with the purchase.

"You wear a mask for so long that you forget who you once were beneath it."
Message 7 of 57
latest reply

same issue different browsers and on ebay app on moble all the same, can't login to paypal from ebay to complete purchases. I can login direct to paypal from their site.   There site now seems to have addes a n extra cpatcha security check during the login process, maybe this has broken the ebay login process ?

on ebay I select paypal the get the paypal login prompt put in my password then after a few seconds it returns to the screen askin me to select payment option but hasn't logged me in

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Try using Internet Explorer.

I use Mozilla / Firefox - recently updated - had same problem regarding payment.

Used Internet Explorer (10 / 11) - problem solved for me. Paid - then went back to Mozilla....

Just a thought.
Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Thanks lzctstech
That worked for me.
Using Win 10, Chrome or Edge I couldn't pay using PayPal.
So after reading your post went into Edge and selected Open with Internet Explorer from the settings menu [top right "..."]
Message 10 of 57
latest reply

I'm having similar problems. Can't select Paypal at checkout. It takes me to login popup for Paypal but after signing in, it takes me to Ebay cart with Paypal not selected. So I do it over and over but never let's you checkout.

I've tried checking out on latest versions of Firefox, Google Chrome and Naver Whale.

Tried linking Paypal to Ebay acct, disabling browser extensions, nothing seems to work.

I suppose I'll try Ebay app on Android for time being.

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Well using Internet Explorer worked for me yesterday - What a difference a day makes - still not working in Chrome and today no longer working in Internet Explorer - Had to pay using credit card directly on the Ebay website.

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

Had the same problem yesterday. Solved it today by going into Paypal and temporarily disabling 2-step verification (allowing just email + password to log you in). Went back to eBay checkout, selected Paypal, and this time it worked as expected. (I then went back and re-enabled 2-step verification in Paypal.)
Message 13 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for the temporary solution. This works. Hopefully ebay comes up with a permanent solution soon.
Message 14 of 57
latest reply

I was able to click the option to pay with PayPal, but it would act like it was going to sign me in, showed the PayPal login screen and everything, and then would kick me back out. As someone mentioned above, I think PayPal added an extra captcha, and it broke the payment system between the two websites. I used the solution posted above, and it worked. What a mess! 

Message 15 of 57
latest reply