cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/Add

PROBLEM:  We just got the roll-out update of the “marketing manager” replacement, the new “Sale event + markdown” selection option in the Seller Hub -> “Marketing” tab -> “Promotions” -> “Create a promotion” (right hand side blue drop down box) -> “Sale event + markdown” (new selectable option).

SNAG-0192.jpg

After creating a new “Sale event + markdown” with the initial items added (and working correctly - with item showing the strike through sale price in listings and search), I went to edit it in order to move a couple items over into the new promotion now that I had a "Sale event + markdown" up-and-running.  I went to edit the newly created “Sale event + markdown” to add additional items to the promotion but could not figure out how to add additional items.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:  I expected to be able to edit the promotion and add additional items just like with the new “promoted listings”.  Unfortunately, I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. 

ACTUAL OUTCOME:  “The “search by item number” box appears where it appears I should be able to paste and add items, but when I paste valid items, it shows “No results. Try searching again with different criteria.”  I have tested this on 2 different “Sale event + markdown” events and cannot seem to figure out how to add items.

SNAG-0193.jpgSNAG-0194.jpg

NOTE: When I created these “Sale event + markdown”, I used the “Select Items” option on the left-hand side of the page (as opposed to "create rules") in the 2nd step.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?  Thanks for any help! 

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

[BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/Add

Still having this issue - is everyone else able to add items to a "sale event + markdown" once it's running?
Message 2 of 62
latest reply

In playing around with this a bit more in trying to get this to work; what it reminds me of is in Markdown Manager, in order to ADD additional items that were NOT in the current promotion (the one you are in editing), the user would have to CHANGE the selection criteria, which DEFAULTED to the CURRENT promotion, to "All Listings" in order to add additional items. 

The fields in the new SE+M don't yet have an option (at least my view doesn't show one) to choose different criteria to "open up" the selection beyond the current promotion.

Hope that made sense, please let me know if I can provide any additional information to help get this fixed.

SNAG-0200.jpg

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ritasloft wrote:

In playing around with this a bit more in trying to get this to work; what it reminds me of is in Markdown Manager, in order to ADD additional items that were NOT in the current promotion (the one you are in editing), the user would have to CHANGE the selection criteria, which DEFAULTED to the CURRENT promotion, to "All Listings" in order to add additional items. 

The fields in the new SE+M don't yet have an option (at least my view doesn't show one) to choose different criteria to "open up" the selection beyond the current promotion.

Hope that made sense, please let me know if I can provide any additional information to help get this fixed.

SNAG-0200.jpg

Hi @ritasloft, I want to dig into this a little deeper with you. What I suggest is to end all of you ractive sales events and everything in markdown manager so we can start from scratch. Be sure to start everything in Markdown Manager first, then create your sales event from there. Ideally there should not be any issues with the migration of these two tools into one view, but I fear that we may have run into some trouble here with your example. Starting from scratch can help eliminate some of the possible causes for these problems and if you still have trouble, we can get this investigated further!

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous I want to say thank-you for the response, it is appreciated!

There is now an "edit or add another" option that wasn't there previously, and based on a quick test has resolved the issue. I can now add additional items to a current SE+M promotion! 🙂

I am now looking forward to using the new SE+M promotion tool, and have moved all listings out of the old Markdown Manager.  Right off the bat I noticed the elimination of minor friction such as having to play around with time calculations and time zone sliders to be able to "start now" is already a good thing.

A small nit; it's not very clear what differences the "Edit" field (that was there previously and remains), with the new "edit or add another" field do.  They take the user to slightly different places in the edit process -- my vote would be to just remove the old "edit" button/link or clarify the purpose of the field clearly with a text edit so it's differentiated for the user (maybe "Edit discount type" if that's the purpose)

2017-10-11_14-11-38.jpg

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

Thank you very much for the reply @Anonymous.  (I wrote a longer reply but it looks like it glitched when I edited it, or perhaps it was deleted).

There's now a new "edit or add another" field that has resolved the issue.  I can now add items to the SE+M promotion as expected.

The only small nit is that the new option seems redundant to the "edit" field that was there previously and my feedback would be to either delete the "old" edit field, or modify the text to make the intent more clear ("edit discount type" perhaps, if that is the intent).

Thanks again! 2017-10-11_14-11-38.jpg

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous Looks like I spoke too soon.  Did something get rolled-back?

The new option to add items seems to now be gone.  Or, perhaps it's removed after the event goes live?

The "Add or remove items" option is needed in SE+M promotions (and is available in the other "Promotion" types I've experimented with -- In the "Order discount" type promotion, it looks like this:

2017-10-11_16-38-09.jpg

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous Still unable to add items to the promotion manager SE+M. 😞  

Either something got rolled-back or I didn't have the promotion launched yet when I clicked this issue resolved" as I noticed the add items option was no longer available to me once the promotion went live.

Is anyone else having this problem?  I have completely cleared everything out of the old markdown manager and this issue appears to be with the new promotions manager replacement.

I am concerned this inability to add items to the SE+M promotion is an isolated glitch similar to another seller hub problem I recently encountered that apparently did not affect many users.

Thanks for any guidance! 🙂

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

I received notice this is being looked into, but I'm curious is no one else having this problem?  (Simply stated, inability to edit and add items to a running SE+M promotion)? 

I'm getting concerned there is something glitchy with my account configuration somehow, as the last Seller Hub issue I had apparently did not affect many other users, and took many weeks to get that issue resolved.  😞 

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ritasloft wrote:

@Anonymous Still unable to add items to the promotion manager SE+M. 😞  

Either something got rolled-back or I didn't have the promotion launched yet when I clicked this issue resolved" as I noticed the add items option was no longer available to me once the promotion went live.

Is anyone else having this problem?  I have completely cleared everything out of the old markdown manager and this issue appears to be with the new promotions manager replacement.

I am concerned this inability to add items to the SE+M promotion is an isolated glitch similar to another seller hub problem I recently encountered that apparently did not affect many users.

Thanks for any guidance! 🙂

Hi @ritasloft, sorry we haven't been able to get this fixed! We aren't receiving widespread reports of this, so I've escalated the issue up to our product teams and will touch base with you as soon as I have more info!

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

Thanks @Anonymous 

Just tried again and still unable to edit the active promotion to add items.  I was really hoping to get this fixed before the weekend. 😞

Again to cut through all the noise and comparison to markdown manager I made above, I am able to create a "Sale event + Markdown" without any issue (and it seems to work fine, showing in search with strikethrough with proper ranking by price), however, once the promo is live, I am completely unable to edit and add items to a live SE+M promotion; the "Edit or add another" clickable link is gone, and the "edit" link that remains does not allow me to add any items (as best I can tell, it doesn't work at all).

SNAG-0208.jpg

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

There is NO WAY to select items individually......

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Having the same problem as you are. I can not add more items to an active promotion.

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

I am also having the same trouble. Can't add new or relisted items to the current sale(s). As we use this sale feature on the majority of our items, this is causing distress to say the least.

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

Thanks @timzbiz and @watkinstreasures10 , I was concerned this was a one-off fluke that affected only my account.

Hopefullly @Anonymous can help pull the fix through

Message 15 of 62
latest reply