cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/Add

PROBLEM:  We just got the roll-out update of the “marketing manager” replacement, the new “Sale event + markdown” selection option in the Seller Hub -> “Marketing” tab -> “Promotions” -> “Create a promotion” (right hand side blue drop down box) -> “Sale event + markdown” (new selectable option).

SNAG-0192.jpg

After creating a new “Sale event + markdown” with the initial items added (and working correctly - with item showing the strike through sale price in listings and search), I went to edit it in order to move a couple items over into the new promotion now that I had a "Sale event + markdown" up-and-running.  I went to edit the newly created “Sale event + markdown” to add additional items to the promotion but could not figure out how to add additional items.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:  I expected to be able to edit the promotion and add additional items just like with the new “promoted listings”.  Unfortunately, I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. 

ACTUAL OUTCOME:  “The “search by item number” box appears where it appears I should be able to paste and add items, but when I paste valid items, it shows “No results. Try searching again with different criteria.”  I have tested this on 2 different “Sale event + markdown” events and cannot seem to figure out how to add items.

SNAG-0193.jpgSNAG-0194.jpg

NOTE: When I created these “Sale event + markdown”, I used the “Select Items” option on the left-hand side of the page (as opposed to "create rules") in the 2nd step.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?  Thanks for any help! 

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

[BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/Add

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ritasloft wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous 

Just tried again and still unable to edit the active promotion to add items.  I was really hoping to get this fixed before the weekend. 😞

Again to cut through all the noise and comparison to markdown manager I made above, I am able to create a "Sale event + Markdown" without any issue (and it seems to work fine, showing in search with strikethrough with proper ranking by price), however, once the promo is live, I am completely unable to edit and add items to a live SE+M promotion; the "Edit or add another" clickable link is gone, and the "edit" link that remains does not allow me to add any items (as best I can tell, it doesn't work at all).

SNAG-0208.jpg

Hi @ritasloft, thank you for your patience while I get some answers for you on this. I've received confirmation from our product teams that being able to add items to a sale event is a feature we intend to provide in the near future, but currently it is not available. A workaround for this in the meantime is to copy the existing campaign and add the new items you would like to include. The ones that are already marked down will be automatically be skipped, so all the intended items will be subject the sale you are offering. 

I've passed along this thread as an example to our developers so they are aware. I hope this workaround helps for the time being. Don't hesitate to touch base if anything changes!

Message 16 of 62
latest reply

I think I'm using the Old Markdown Manager. (it has the old eBay look, not the new Seller Hub look)

I've never been able to add new items to a markdown.  It just doesn't work.

Instead, I create a new markdown event and add the items there. 

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 17 of 62
latest reply

Is this still a problem for you guys?

I have not been able to create a successful makdown manager sale since the new promotions manager became active.

Message 18 of 62
latest reply

Checking back in to see if there were any updates to this thread. Because I'm still unable to add items to an existing sale.

I understand that the promotional sales tab is something new, but really the features ought to be set up, tested, and ready for sellers to use before launching & disabling the old method (Markdown Manager)

This is a HUGE inconvenience for sellers who have lots of items they list in batches. It's really not feasable to ask us to create a new sale every time we list new items/ relist expired ones. This idea sure wasn't thought out very well.

😞

Thanks for listening! Hope these comments can be passed along to the tech team.

Message 19 of 62
latest reply

Having the same exact issue here.  Just spent the past 2 hours wasting my time trying to figure it out.  My items discounted under the old markdown manager end at the end of the month, so I hope this issue is resolved by then. 

Here's an idea: Before launching something new that everyone has to use, make sure it works correctly before taking away the old method of doing so.  That would solve the problem.  

With genius ideas like these I could be CEO of eBay. (sarcasm)

Message 20 of 62
latest reply

I FOUND A WORKAROUND.  I hope it helps.

- Instead of using the old Markdown Manager's "Create Sale" button, go to "Manage Promotions".

- Then instead of clicking "Sale event + markdown" click "Order discount".

- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "No minumum purchase" and then create your sale using those options.

Untitled.jpg

Message 21 of 62
latest reply

I am not a store subscriber so I canno.t get the markdown manager to work for me at all.  The old one just keeps displayting a message that says "Oops we ran into an issue we're working on it"  for DAYS now.  It is so frustrating because I tried editing some old ones and even though I was under the 250 it allows it told me I was over so I deleted all of the old campaigns and now cannot create a new one.  Half the time it wouldn't markdown at least 30% of the items even when they weren't ending!  I wish Ebay would understand that helping all sellers with markdowns benefits them greatly.  When I go to the new markdown manager and hit promotions it just takes me to a store sign up page.  Very disappointing.

Message 22 of 62
latest reply

With MM we had the ability to quickly and easily view all items that were NOT on sale.  I like to sort by what is not on sale and add a sale accordingly.  But now I can't see an easy way to do this.

Message 23 of 62
latest reply

What a mess, we can't create new sales on old markdown manager anymore and new sale event+markdown not working properly, we can't add new items to active sales and we can not close the sales every time and create a new one because we have to wait about 2 hours if we don't the new sales will skip the items due to " already discounted" reason.
The eBay F***** up the promotion manager.
Message 24 of 62
latest reply

trinton@ebay what's the ETA on this?  What does "near" future mean?  Once it's fixed will it be updated here?  What other changes or fixes are being implemented?

Issue# 1: We can't add listings to existing sales

Issue# 2: We can't see what's on sale and what's not

Message 25 of 62
latest reply

Any developments on this issue?!  

It's extremely frustrating that I cannot add new items to the sale, once it's been launched.  Why does eBay always implement new systems and features, right before the holiday rush, without working out the bugs FIRST!  

Ebay, Mods...hello?

Message 26 of 62
latest reply

My experience trying to report this to eBay was a total failure.  I replied back that she didn't understand my feedback and was not helpful.

Greetings from eBay,

I am reaching out to follow-up on feedback you left regarding the Promoted Listings tool:

Unable to edit promoted listings to add / delete items. The sales report at the bottom of dashboard is missing the Ad Rate column. Sellers want to see how the Ad Rate level correlates with sales.”

I logged into your account to check and it appears to be working fine. Currently, in order to see the details of your campaign you can go to the chosen campaign > Click on ‘Actions’ and select ‘Download report’. The report will be downloaded in excel format and will contain all the details such as Item ID and the corresponding Quantity Sold, Promoted listing – sold, Clicks, Ad fees etc.

Thank you for your feedback – we are constantly making enhancements to the Promoted Listings service and we will take your feedback into consideration for future product improvements. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the future should you have any other concerns or feedback.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Aalisha

The Promoted Listings Team

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 27 of 62
latest reply

Gosh, I wish I had come across this thread about 20 minutes ago. Have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to add newly listed & relisted items to my sale event. 

I'm not a large volume seller, but this is a major inconvenience! 

Please, please get this figured out! Smiley Frustrated

Message 28 of 62
latest reply

So, the "order discount" almost works 😉

It unfortunately doesn't display the sale price until the customer puts the item in their cart. So, if someone's looking at a search for example, they don't know your item is on sale until they click on it.

But it does seem to alow you to edit items, add new ones, etc while the sale is active. So that's a plus.

Thanks for trying! Appreciate us sellers trying to help each other out. But eBay needs to FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

Message 29 of 62
latest reply

Anybody know if this issue has been fixed yet?  I closed my store for this month because of all the issues with not being able to add items to a sale.  Because of that, I can not tell if the problem has been fixed.  I'm thinkning of re-opening my store next month if the issue is fixed.  Thanks in advance.

Message 30 of 62
latest reply