cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/Add

PROBLEM:  We just got the roll-out update of the “marketing manager” replacement, the new “Sale event + markdown” selection option in the Seller Hub -> “Marketing” tab -> “Promotions” -> “Create a promotion” (right hand side blue drop down box) -> “Sale event + markdown” (new selectable option).

SNAG-0192.jpg

After creating a new “Sale event + markdown” with the initial items added (and working correctly - with item showing the strike through sale price in listings and search), I went to edit it in order to move a couple items over into the new promotion now that I had a "Sale event + markdown" up-and-running.  I went to edit the newly created “Sale event + markdown” to add additional items to the promotion but could not figure out how to add additional items.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:  I expected to be able to edit the promotion and add additional items just like with the new “promoted listings”.  Unfortunately, I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. 

ACTUAL OUTCOME:  “The “search by item number” box appears where it appears I should be able to paste and add items, but when I paste valid items, it shows “No results. Try searching again with different criteria.”  I have tested this on 2 different “Sale event + markdown” events and cannot seem to figure out how to add items.

SNAG-0193.jpgSNAG-0194.jpg

NOTE: When I created these “Sale event + markdown”, I used the “Select Items” option on the left-hand side of the page (as opposed to "create rules") in the 2nd step.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?  Thanks for any help! 

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: [BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Rita- You are the only seller here that trinton@ebay responds to, even though many of us have reported problems with the same program. He hasn't been effective in orchestrating a solution but at least he acknowledges you.  I sent an email to Griff (griff@ebay.com) describing the problem that I am having with SE&M and I directed him to this board. Maybe if more of us contact customer service and then email Griff someone will do something to fix this? 

Hi @rockmaple@, I want to clear up a misunderstanding I feel may have occured; while the Community Team is happy to offer clarification and escalate concerns when possible, our Discussion Boards are a peer-to-peer forum where you can collaborate with buyers and sellers like yourself. The Community Team is not able to reply to every @mention we receive and if there is a pressing or account specific issue we encourage you to contact Customer Service.

Additionally, we typically will not reply to comments that have deviated from the initial topic or new replies on threads that were begun months prior. If you have an issue or concern that differs from the original thread topic, you should begin a new thread about this so your fellow Community members can discuss this with you. If you have an issue with a tool or a question about your account, I encourage you to contact Customer Service for the help that you are looking for.

At this time I am closing this thread as it does appear to have veered off topic. While Markdown Manager is still the main point of discussion, the original issue raised here has been addressed and additional conversation on this tool would be better suited for a new thread.

Message 61 of 62
latest reply

Re: [BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

@Anonymous  alan@ebay

Any chance we could get an update on this?  Does product still intend to reintroduce the capability to add items to existing SE+M promotions?  If so, do we know when it will be rolled-out?

Thanks for any guidance,

Hi @ritasloft, this is still a feature we intend on adding. I know that dealing with this through the holiday/post-holiday period can pose added stresses and I appreciate your patience as our developers work on enhancements. While I have locked the thread from further discussion, I assure you that this is on our developer's radar as we have previously discussed.

Message 62 of 62
latest reply