cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my return policy is no longer listed

I called ebay today and asked why my return policy ,which had item must be returned in same condition as shipped with all tags ect... Is no longer listed and I was told that buyers know this and will follow return policy the new ebay policy is for me 30 days, buyer pays return shipping  nothing else. I told the CS gentleman this is not right because no where does it connect to return policy listed on ebay

return policy
If a buyer needs to return an item, it must be returned in the same condition in which it was received, and it must include all items that were in the original package.

If the returned item is missing any parts, or is damaged during return shipping because it wasn't packaged correctly, the seller can deduct the amount of loss and give the buyer only a partial refund.

I told him why couldnt that be on returns  listed instead  ebay has a box click on that takes buyer  directly to all the things the buyer can do about a return and how ebay helps. I said since ebay goes to so much trouble to help the buyer shouldnt they atleast put the above ebay policy on listing so it can be seen by buyer, he agreed  but..... So if you havnt checked your return policy you may want to see the changes ebay has done.

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: my return policy is no longer listed

I put a full return policy in my payment instructions, it's probably the one thing a buyer looks at, how to pay, Also on any return as soon as the automatic acceptance goes through i contact the buyer reminding them of my return policy, It does help.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

eBay did announce in either the spring or summer seller update that they would be removing the box with the sellers return requirements.  If you haven't read the information in those updates you might want to do so. I posted links to the seller update announcements below.

Customer service wasn't giving you totally accurate information. You are only allowed to keep a portion of the refund if you offer free return shipping.  If the buyer pays for return shipping, there usually isn't a lot that you can do if the item is returned with parts missing.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2018-Spring-Seller-Update/ba-p/28109579

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2018-Summer-Seller-Update/ba-p/28511766

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Simply providing more of an invitation & encouragent for a dishonest Buyer. IMO

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

In the Spring Seller Update, they said they were removing sellers extended explanations of their return policies when they change to no restocking fees as of June.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

thank you I was reading all pass info but missed this one thank you
The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I thought I read all updates and read alot on ecommercebytes but missed this one thank you
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I put a full return policy in my payment instructions, it's probably the one thing a buyer looks at, how to pay, Also on any return as soon as the automatic acceptance goes through i contact the buyer reminding them of my return policy, It does help.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I will do that also I agree as a buyer I would want to know seller return policy not the generic one ebay has that is not seen by buyers thank you again
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Have you had someone return an item with the tags removed? and have you won?

My return choice was like yours 30 days - buyer pays shipping. It is not now --- I no longer offer returns at all. If a person will put in a not as described I will fight it tooth and nail

When I had the 30-day buyer pays return shipping I rec'd something back in not in the same condition and it did not matter because I opted into returns so that is why I wanted to know if you actually had something returned without tags. And ebay automatically accepts the return and there is no way to fine tune the refund amount.

Ebay is trying to force small sellers to take returns for 30 or 60 days for any reason and to pay the return shipping.  Only if you meet these criteria is there some flexibility to decide how much you will refund.

So either you are lucky that you haven't had one yet or you know some other secret that the rest of us do not so please share. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay does not even list clothing as one of their "Select" categories

Sellers will also be able to issue a partial refund for all returns where the item is returned used or damaged in select categories, including Business & Industrial, Parts & Accessories, Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo, Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment, Home Improvement, Furniture, Musical Instruments & Gear, and Yard, Garden & Outdoor.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply