cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope not working

I sold a few football cards over the weekend and used eBays new standard envelope service. I took the cards to the post office on Monday and the post office rejected my envelopes because they said they were not eligible to be tracked. This whole situation is very confusing and I have no idea what to do. Has this happened to anybody else?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@unicornblends wrote:

I sold a few football cards over the weekend and used eBays new standard envelope service. I took the cards to the post office on Monday and the post office rejected my envelopes because they said they were not eligible to be tracked. This whole situation is very confusing and I have no idea what to do. Has this happened to anybody else?

@unicornblends   They do have tracking, they just can't be scanned in at the counter.  The scanning is done by the sorting equipment.  

It isn't as accurate as true tracking it will just show a scan in the buyer's post office zip before going out for delivery.

So be sure to have a long enough handling time to allow for the sorting equipment scan.  

There is a long thread about the issues and success that other sellers are experiencing here>

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/ebay-Standard-Envelope/m-p/31591228#M367469

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

@unicornblends wrote:

@unicornblends   They do have tracking, they just can't be scanned in at the counter.  The scanning is done by the sorting equipment.  

It isn't as accurate as true tracking it will just show a scan in the buyer's post office zip before going out for delivery.

So be sure to have a long enough handling time to allow for the sorting equipment scan.  

There is a long thread about the issues and success that other sellers are experiencing here>

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/ebay-Standard-Envelope/m-p/31591228#M367469

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

Drop them in the box in the lobby

Message 3 of 68
latest reply

I experienced the same situation at my Post Office, they could not scan at the counter, so I just let them mail them, Today Monday I see the tracking working at the next level of service, my local branch cannot track it. Looks like all is working, just a learning curve for a new product. Thank you eBay for making this wonderful experience for both Buyer and Seller...AAA+++ (5 Stars) - Carl

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

I have mailed two cards last week and the tracking does not show anything. Show the label was created and that's it. Going First Class  Mail, they should have arrived already. One was only going one state over and it has been six days. I get how the letter system works at the post office but it doesn't even show these cards being accepted into the system yet after a week. Not liking this option to confirm delivery.

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

You are not alone. I have a card shipped over a week ago that shows only "Label created". I have no idea if the buyer has received the item or not. Since I haven't heard anything, I'm guessing the buyer received it. 

I am also expecting a card (that should have arrived a week ago) and tracking show "Label created"

So I'm guessing this entire tracking system is going to be a hit and miss situation. Ebay may have realized this from the start and that is why the $20 limit was placed on sale price of item.

Also, my local postal clerk had no idea what was going on when I brought the first Standard Envelope to the window. This is kind of a big deal and the USPS probably should have sent out some sort of alert to everybody involved. Just hope this gets worked out because the price is so much better that previous mailings. 

Message 6 of 68
latest reply

My experience was similar but at least the post office didn't refuse my envelope. I'm lucky to live in a small community so I had about five minutes to explain the situation. It's pretty sad that the USPS hasn't passed on this information to all involved. My local clerk even called her supervisor and again - no information of this passed down. 

I also have two shipments in the system with tracking showing "Label created". One is a shipment I mailed over a week ago and one I should have received over a week ago. I'm happy with the cost savings but disappointed with results. I guess that's why eBay limited the value of shipments to $20 or less.

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

Yup, me too. Another eBay bungle. I called eBay and they gave me the standard “we are aware of the issue” statement with no known resolution date.

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

Ive had about a 95% success rate with tracking even showing delivered. A handful of outliers but generally good. Just drop them in the mailbox and they take them 

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Hey, any update on your tracking problem? I just shipped mine out last Monday, and no updates aside from the label created. 

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

I'm glad I stumbled back on here or I wouldn't have even known of your response. I'm guessing the card I sent out arrived because there has been no response (or feedback left) from the buyer. I did receive one card that showed "label created" in the tracking. Unfortunately, I have not received another card that actually tracked part way through the system. I'm going to contact the seller next week because it's about three weeks late. I think more success would have been achieved with the entire process if eBay and the USPS would have gotten together and informed EVERYBODY involved. I'm still glad to see it but wished it worked better. Maybe eBay will tackle this after they get the whole Dr. Seuss ordeal worked out.

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

I have this happening on about 6 or 7 various envelopes. The first month of this went great for me, I was like 30 for 30 on deliveries and updates. My last 7 envelopes just say label created and no updates. I'm at the mercy of a buyer admitting they received it.  

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

Yes, in the mean time people are claiming no delivery and have to issue refunds.    Back to $4.00 shipping!

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

Same problem.   Lost a few cards because of it. 

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

On a side note to everyone above. Not sure if you know this or not, but Ebay DOES insure those envelopes.  Even if you have to refund a buyer, you should be opening a claim with Ebay and getting a full refund for the order.  

Message 15 of 68
latest reply