cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

So I won an auction. Awesome right?  Well I paid for the item immediately. Literally. Now almost 4 days later and a shipping label hasn't even been created yet. The Item is still in "paid" status. At what point should I reach out to the seller and ask what is going on or for a refund? I think 4 days is a bit ridiculous. Especially as slow as the USPS is already running. Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

"At what point should I reach out to the seller..."

@mtpockets1981 

Your next move is to open an Item Not Received claim (at least) one day past the Estimated Delivery Date on the order. Keep an eye on the case timeline... if it's still not received by the time you can ask eBay to intervene, escalate the case.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

I would contact the seller after the last estimated date of delivery has passed. 
Sellers aren’t required to ship with tracking or to share the tracking with the buyer. You just have to wait for it to arrive (or not arrive). 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

"At what point should I reach out to the seller..."

@mtpockets1981 

Your next move is to open an Item Not Received claim (at least) one day past the Estimated Delivery Date on the order. Keep an eye on the case timeline... if it's still not received by the time you can ask eBay to intervene, escalate the case.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

So am I just being impatient? Or is it normal for it to take 3/4 days before the seller even ships the item? I haven't used eBay for years until recently. So I don't want to make a mountain a molehill. However, I think it's only fair that if a person pays immediately then you should do your best as the seller to ship just as quick as you can. Right?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

@mtpockets1981 

Well... I'm one who ships as quickly as I can, and my quickly is same or next-day. So, right.

As to "impatience"... that's subjective. And we all are allowed that emotion, so don't kick yourself for feeling it.

Moving forward, make sure that the items you buy have a Handling Time (shown on every listing) that you can live with.

And I love your moniker... maybe we're cousins. 😃

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

@mtpockets1981 wrote:

So am I just being impatient? Or is it normal for it to take 3/4 days before the seller even ships the item? I haven't used eBay for years until recently. So I don't want to make a mountain a molehill. However, I think it's only fair that if a person pays immediately then you should do your best as the seller to ship just as quick as you can. Right?

Maybe the seller did not use tracking delivery confirmation? Maybe the seller did not purchase the shipping label from ebay's site?

Just some other reasons why you do not see tracking on your purchase.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sloooooooowwww Shipper.

Did you check to see if their handling time is on the listing and how long that time is?  To check, click on the shipping & payments tab in the listing and below the shipping cost you may be able to see their handling time. It isn't on all listings though.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply