cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Selling Program Issue

I opted into the eBay International shipping program when it first started. I sell costume jewelry. The program clearly states it will not ship “high end “jewelry. My jewelry is not “high end”. Last month I sold a box lot for $59.00 of broken jewelry for crafts to an eBay buyer in Hong Kong. eBay International Shipping shipped the lot without any problems. 2 weeks ago I sold 2 lots of broken jewelry at $50.00 each to a buyer in Canada. eBay International Shipping refused to ship it. I spoke to 3 different eBay resolution reps and all three told me to look at the restrictions for jewelry. It states “High End Jewelry” is restricted. My jewelry is not “High End”. All 3 reps said I should cancel the orders. So, I had no choice but to cancel the orders. I was very upset and my customer was very upset. The only answer from anyone at eBay was to look at the jewelry restriction – which doesn’t apply to my type of jewelry. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay International Selling Program Issue

Without a listing number, nobody can 'really' determine what the issue may be. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I think it's more of a restriction with Canada and not eBay's international shipping program. Each country has different rules and regulations. From what I know about Canada is you don't want the word "jewelry" on any customs form. It may have to go registered:

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_003.htm

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Little confused but there may be some missing information. I backtracked 2 weeks to a couple of lots you sold on 4 September although not sure those are the correct ones. It appears as though both items were setup to ship through EIS according to the posting. When and how did you get notified that the items were not eligible to ship through EIS? You may be stuck between the rock and the hard place if EIS is refusing to accept the shipment and handle it and you did not specify another type of international delivery this sale is kind of in limbo and you need to be concerned about your timeline with regards to shipping before eBay dings you for not meeting it. 

You need to reach out to eBay through the Facebook connection as most of the call center rep's are less than helpful and will tell you whatever just to get you off the phone. The Facebook reps are pretty knowledgeable and often have the authority to make adjustments/changes. If there is an issue with the EIS program I am sure eBay will be VERY interested in knowing about it. They have sunk a considerable amount of resources into getting the program up and running. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1694745382801.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1694745398947.png

Message 4 of 4
latest reply