cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is UK says can't buy from me, but...

Hi all,

I've been contacted by a potential buyer in the UK and he says when he tries to purchase from me he gets the message that I don't ship to his country.  I checked my settings and it shows I do.  He has tried a couple times.  I recommended he put all his purchases in his cart and request invoice, but that didn't work either.  I left a message for eBay on facebook, eBay small business, but haven't received a response.  Any suggestions?

TIA

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you have the majority of the countries blocked and I am unsure why

I also have most countries blocked but dont want them blocked and cant remove the blocks on them

if I was using eIS I would not block any countries at all since ebay takes care of everything

@cambriachick 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Quite a few of your items show shipping to the US only.  In some cases ebay may not be willing to ship that item outside of the US but since there are so many items excluded it is likely an Ebay international shipping glitch.  Someone else may be able to make another suggestion but you might want to first try opting out of EIS and then opting back in again.

Which of your listings is it?  You can easily check to see if EIS is showing on that listing by going into the active listing, clicking on the shipping and payments tab and look at the ship to locations.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for answering.  My international shipping is set up to ship to Europe and North America only.  I don't want to ship to Asia or South America.  That being said, I contacted eBayforbusiness and was told it could be restrictions by the country  to which I'm trying to ship or the buyer is excluded for too many strikes, etc.  The buyer is inteested in some 1945 European glass slides.   This is one of them:

I dont know why some of my items show US shipping only, I'll try to review that.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@cambriachick 

I checked a few of your listings that show ebay international shipping and the only excluded countries on them are  the countries that ebay automatically excludes.  So I think that the exclusions may be causing the problem. If I were you, I would take off the shipping exclusions that you've added  on some of your listings to see if that makes a difference and adds you back on to EIS for all of your listings.

Is there a reason why you don't want to ship to certain areas?  eBay pays for return shipping and handles returns so you might want to ship everywhere they ship to.   I think that there is a way to exclude certain countries and use the EIS but I don't enough about setting up the program to give you instructions. @wastingtime101 might be able to help you though.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hey @cambriachick . There are different ways to set up country exclusions.

Sellers not using biz policies can set up exclusions in 2 ways.

1. Within the listing.

2. At the account level on your Shipping Preferences page. Account level exclusions will override listing level exclusions so don't block anything at the account level you don't want blocked on all of your listings.

Sellers using biz policies can set up exclusions in 1 way.

1. Within the biz policy. That's it. eBay removed the ability to access account level blocks for biz policy users.

Depending how you set up your listings, those are the areas to check for country exclusions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Add his user ID to your blocked bidder exemption list and have him try again.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply