cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer wants me too hold delivery till a later date because on holiday dont want a black mark

How can i avoid a black mark for late postage if customer doesnt want me too post

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: customer wants me too hold delivery till a later date because on holiday dont want a black mark

If you reread my post, I said "IF" they ask to send to a different address....
Either way, the scammers are setting up for an INR case. Asking for a delay in shipment is ALSO a terms violation. I find it hard to believe an honest buyer would be so "unknowing" as to ask for a delay in shipment OR another address.
This is a very common scam. An honest buyer would agree to cancel the order and re-purchase the item. (Again, this is mentioned in my initial post).
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: customer wants me too hold delivery till a later date because on holiday dont want a black mark

I would ship anyway & get signature required that way the post office will hold till they pick up, you will get a late delivery.  most people have their mail held?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

If the buyers requests are supported in ebay messages ebay will remove the defect, I have done this quite often, never an issue.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

If the buyer wants me to wait a few days before I mail it, I do just that. It's customer service. As long as you aren't TRS+ it doesn't hurt or cost you anything to appear to ebay to be late on shipping on an item now and then. Regular TRS doen't give you any financial benefits. But then sometimes I sell things that I mail with just a stamp, so about half the time I'm not Regular TRS.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Offering to delay shipping for a buyer who's on vacation or will be out of town for the delivery is good customer service. Fortunately, this request doesn't happen with me very much. All you have to do is have established emails between you and the buyer which references the request. More than likely the buyer requested the shipment to arrive "after" he gets home (so the parcel isn't left on the front porch to get stolen). After the request email is sent from the buyer call eBay's customer service department and have them put a comment stating "buyer requested delayed shipping" on the sales record. You will print the shipping label on time and hold the parcel until the right day to drop it off at the Post Office. After the shipment arrives "late" call eBay's customer service department again and they will remove the defect. I know it's a bit of a hassle and I'm glad this doesn't happen to me all the time. As others have mentioned you could simply cancel the sale but why lose out on a sale?

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Really object to all you’re saying. Customer satisfaction is priority! The customer is always right!

you want us to bend to “We’ll we have to follow what eBay says”.

suggest until eBay changes we listen to customer requests and go to CS to get eBay to change the negative they give us for following customer satisfaction!

iMHO,

Virgil

Virgil Mayhew
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

A customer is the most valuable asset we have!

Virgil Mayhew
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I have done this several times for my buyers. I just call ebay customer service, have them look at the email and explain and they make a note of it. I ask for the reference number from this phone call and then I must also call again AFTER the late shipment shows on my seller profile as a late shipment to have it removed. You must call within 3 months of the strike appearing (I believe it is) to have the strike removed. Always works well for me and my customer is happy. Also, works for when your customer pays right away and then wants to shop a bit more and have you hold shipment.
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

On the Seller Dashboard under:
Late shipment rate
It states:
If you ship on time and upload validated tracking
“OR”
your buyers tell us the shipment was on time when they leave feedback, you're all set.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bjheadphones wrote:

How can i avoid a black mark for late postage if customer doesnt want me too post

Hi @bjheadphones, our Customer Service team is happy to work with you if accommodating a buyer's request for delayed shipment results in an issue on your account. We are here to help sellers who have been working with their buyer's to meet requests and have protection options as needed slight_smile

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

I don't understand why a buyer won't simply file to have their mail held with USPS. This is what I do when I'm away. It's all done online and very easy.
Message 26 of 26
latest reply