cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer wants me too hold delivery till a later date because on holiday dont want a black mark

How can i avoid a black mark for late postage if customer doesnt want me too post

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

customer wants me too hold delivery till a later date because on holiday dont want a black mark

I don't think you can. You can contact CS afterwards and they might remove it or fix any problems you have because of it.

This happens often with us. We message the buyer that we HAVE to ship quickly or ebay viciously punishes us (whips and chains). We offer them the choice of shipping right away or cancelling the sale (buyer request cancel).

We've suggested a few times that ebay provide buyers with the option of delayed shipping but they have more important things to think about than buyer convenience.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@bjheadphones wrote:

How can i avoid a black mark for late postage if customer doesnt want me too post

I would offer this option: Cancel the order and assure the buyer that the item will be held for him/her so that when the buyer is ready the order can be placed again.

Just remove the item from ebay and wait till the buyer comes back.  

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Explain that you are unable to hold the shipment due to handling requirements. If they are truthful (I highly doubt), they will ask you to cancel the order. Do not ship to another location if they ask (that's were the dishonesty comes in). If they ask you to do that, you can cancel for reason "Problem with Buyer's address", and it will not count against you. You might have to follow up with CS on this, but with your messages from the buyer, you should be protected from that defect. If you cancel the order, proceed to the block list and slap that name on there. Also, you can report the buyer now for asking for a change to the terms of the shipment. Do this from the sales record (drop down on the left of the record number) > Buyer made unreasonable demands> asked for change to shipping terms...

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

I would call eBay and ask for the 'Resolution Department' and ask how you can handle this without loosing the sale. Notice I did not say call Customer Service and here is why. CS doesn't have the authority and usually not enough information to help you or even guide you in this. The Resolution Department has the reps. that can actually give you the permission to hold a shipment or they will have the correct information on how to handle it. This department has the power and the authority to use it. Hope this was helpful.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

...and put a time limit on the hold, in case they change their minds

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

If this  item is being shipped via USPS ask the buyer to put their mail on hold until they get  back.  They can do that  on line.  I would assume the buyer would  want all their other mail to  be held while they are away also.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

If it hasn't been paid yet, can they wait and pay when they get back? That way it isn't sitting in your "to Ship" area as you would be waiting for payment. I am assuming it is paid and this most likely is no longer an option though.

Pam
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

If it hasn't been paid yet, can they wait and pay when they get back? That way it isn't sitting in your "to Ship" area as you would be waiting for payment. I am assuming it is paid and this is not an option though.

Pam
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

wrong answer
I do this for customers (with ebays approval ) they don't like there packages being left for some one to steal. so by all means accommodate your buyers or they will be some other sellers buyers
you will need to contact ebay and have them doccument what the buyer is asking.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

I do not think you can either I had someone try the same thing, said he worked 6 days a week and then I told him he has to sign for the package(because it was Gold) He got irate. I am guessing he was hoping I would ship without so he could file a fake claim saying he never received the item.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@ violette
No, it's not the wrong answer. Paypal protects buyers when the item is shipped to a different address, so even if ebay is okay with it (because anything goes on ebay), you can still get burned in an INR case opened on Paypal. Paypal doesn't play that game. Changing and address is actually a violation of terms on ebay, even though they say they will allow it if they have written messages. Sellers do NOT have to oblige..
Not all customers are worth keeping.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@pauliswilling
Asking for a signature confirmation will expose thieves. You know it when they get upset. You knew exactly what that guy was up to!
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Yes, that too. 🙂

@fashionandform wrote:

...and put a time limit on the hold, in case they change their minds

Yes, that too. 🙂

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

this I about delayed shipping not address swaps
Message 15 of 26
latest reply