cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow - Christmas is going to be a treat at the PO

My PO just installed a new system - every single package has to be printed out one receipt at a time

1 package =  1 receipt

2 package = 2 receipt

3 package = 3 receipt

so the clerk has to stop - process the package and you have to input into the terminal button

for each one - "yes - print receipt"

wonder who dreamed that one up

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Wow - Christmas is going to be a treat at the PO

I shipped 2 packages at the post office on Thursday.  I use ebay shipping to print my labels.  One sale was from this account and the other sale from my other selling account.  No scan sheet possible.  The clerk scanned each package and then directed me to the little "terminal" (or whatever it's called) to press the button to print the receipt.  I received ONE receipt with both tracking numbers for the 2 packages.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

Of course I print my labels cheaper thru Paypal - I go to the PO personally

I also want the paper receipt in my hand to prove it was shipped.

Well, of course, everybody's situation is different. In my case my post office actually does its job correctly. I leave all my packages on an empty counter and leave. BEFORE any of the packages move off that counter someone at that post office scans them as received.

In other words, I do not need to stand and wait for a paper receipt. If, as does admittedly happen, a package gets misdirected or lost the very fact that a clerk scanned it in, therefore it is in the computer as received, is all the proof of mailing that I need. If I need to prove postage paid I simply print out the Paypal receipt. It has always been sufficient in the past.

Quite frankly (and please don't take this personally - I intend this for EVERYONE who complains on these boards about the post office):

You are wasting your time complaining here - HERE can not do anything about it. The amount of time and effort Kvetching here should be spent bending the ear of the Postmaster General, or at least Postal Inspectors, that YOUR post office is not doing its job. Petty bureaucrats looking to improve their standing in any organization love to smack around people under them. And not just a single letter. A barrage of complaints. Don't let yourself be ignored. They will get tired of hearing from you and do something just to get rid of you. Sort of like no_zero369 said above.

NEVER do I stand in line.

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

I print all my labels from home.  No need to put up with rude, clerks or people in general.  

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Maybe the goal is to annoy customers so much that they actually learn to use SCAN sheets so the clerks can do everything in just one scan.

Please understand that I am not nitpicking

BUT

I am confused about the efficacy of a SCAN sheet.

If I print and package 10 packages and then create a SCAN sheet with those 10 numbers BUT I goof and leave one behind.

The SCAN sheet says I have brought in 10 packages but in fact I only have 9. So how is the SCAN sheet actual proof that I dropped it off?

It is because of that possibility that I have never used SCAN sheets. What am I missing?

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

The clerk should refuse to scan a SCAN sheet that shows 10 packages if only 9 are being presented.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

Disney - perhaps it's a case of my postal clerks are not quite sure what to do with this new procedure? could be no one trained them properly?

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Why do you go to the Post Office when you can print your labels at home and pay less with no aggravation? slippinjimmy to OP 

We have the  postal carrier pick up service here  which is a real time saver . I always print labels from  home and then request a carrier pick up for  when  the postman is in the neighborhood the next day  . I rarely need to go to the post office  and the service  is always free . Tulips 

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

I shipped 2 packages at the post office on Thursday.  I use ebay shipping to print my labels.  One sale was from this account and the other sale from my other selling account.  No scan sheet possible.  The clerk scanned each package and then directed me to the little "terminal" (or whatever it's called) to press the button to print the receipt.  I received ONE receipt with both tracking numbers for the 2 packages.

That's my issue with scan sheets as well. I may have 20 parcels but they're from 6 different IDs.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Of course I print my labels cheaper thru Paypal - I go to the PO personally - first of all I live on rural horse property - leaving my packages up by the road is pretty much out of the question and my mail man would never entertain coming up to the house to get the packages never mind scan them (he'd have to get out of his truck).  I also live on this crazy street.  One side of the street is one carriers job - my side is a different carrier.  It's kind of a nightmare.

We haven't had a regular mailman for at least 10 years. We never know who's coming - what time their coming ect.

I also want the paper receipt in my hand to prove it was shipped.

I really grilled the clerk about this change - he said it was to the best of his knowledge city wide and Vegas is a big city now.  They hate it - it's creating so much more work for them - he told me to email the P/M and complain before the Christmas rush is on. Apparently he thinks I have some clout??? lol

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

so the clerk has to stop - process the package and you have to input into the terminal button

for each one - "yes - print receipt"

wonder who dreamed that one up

I don't believe for a minute that the clerk was using the terminal properly. A receipt is only printed once, at the end of the transaction, regardless of the number of items handled during the transaction. Pre-paid Package Acceptance is no different than any other transaction at the POS terminal; it's just that no money changes hands.

As disneyshopper said in Message 16 (here), the system is perfectly capable of taking in more than one package (or selling more than one stamp, or whatever) without having to print a separate receipt for each.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

Well, of course, everybody's situation is different. In my case my post office actually does its job correctly. I leave all my packages on an empty counter and leave. BEFORE any of the packages move off that counter someone at that post office scans them as received.

In other words, I do not need to stand and wait for a paper receipt. If, as does admittedly happen, a package gets misdirected or lost the very fact that a clerk scanned it in, therefore it is in the computer as received, is all the proof of mailing that I need. If I need to prove postage paid I simply print out the Paypal receipt. It has always been sufficient in the past.

Quite frankly (and please don't take this personally - I intend this for EVERYONE who complains on these boards about the post office):

You are wasting your time complaining here - HERE can not do anything about it. The amount of time and effort Kvetching here should be spent bending the ear of the Postmaster General, or at least Postal Inspectors, that YOUR post office is not doing its job. Petty bureaucrats looking to improve their standing in any organization love to smack around people under them. And not just a single letter. A barrage of complaints. Don't let yourself be ignored. They will get tired of hearing from you and do something just to get rid of you. Sort of like no_zero369 said above.

NEVER do I stand in line.

I used to drop my packages off at the PO and just leave...never stood in line UNTIL  I noticed the PO was NOT scanning those packages anymore.  It would not show scanned until it's next stop - sometimes in a different state than mine.  Someone was being lazy at that PO...or was just miffed at the amount of internet packages that they have to scan now a days...so now...I stand in line...clogging up their line with my smilin' face, make them scan these packages (like they are supposed to anyway) and give me a receipt to prove it all.

BTW...this is not my normal PO...it's just closer.  My usual PO is A-W-S-O-M-E!  I love them and whenever I do drop off there, I do just that - drop & leave..never having to wonder if they scanned it because they always do.  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

I don't believe for a minute that the clerk was using the terminal properly.

I agree.  I went to the post office today - mailed three packages - two with prepinted postage and one that I paid for postage at the window since it was going letter mail.   Just one receipt.   

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Yep, I mailed two on Friday and got a single receipt for both.

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

Disney - perhaps it's a case of my postal clerks are not quite sure what to do with this new procedure? could be no one trained them properly?

I shipped one package today and was ready to press the PRINT RECEIPT on the terminal but that screen disappeared immediately.  I saw the clerk press a button and the receipt automatically printed.

disneyshopper

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@disneyshopper wrote:

That's my issue with scan sheets as well. I may have 20 parcels but they're from 6 different IDs.

This account opted into Managed Payments.  My other selling account is not.  When I was NOT opted into MP, I could print my labels using Paypal from both accounts and get one SCAN sheet.  Have you tried that?  Since payments for this selling account go directly to my bank account, I can no longer use Paypal to print labels for both accounts when I have shipments for both accounts.

disneyshopper

Message 30 of 39
latest reply