cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I print a label anymore to PUERTO RICO?

I can't print a label to PUERTO RICO with the NEW NOT IMPROVED Label Flow page, NEVER had a problem with CLASSIC LABEL FLOW. This should be fixed as it makes for a BAD BUYING EXPERIENCE now that I have to CANCEL the customers order for PROBLEM WITH ADDRESS reason. FIX THIS PRONTO

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why can't I print a label anymore to PUERTO RICO?

@ekmadonna wrote:

I can't print a label to PUERTO RICO with the NEW NOT IMPROVED Label Flow page, NEVER had a problem with CLASSIC LABEL FLOW. This should be fixed as it makes for a BAD BUYING EXPERIENCE now that I have to CANCEL the customers order for PROBLEM WITH ADDRESS reason. FIX THIS PRONTO

Do not cancel the order.  You have multiple other options.

1. If you are having a problem on eBay, you can always access the older page by replacing “new_label” with “back_to_classic” in the address field (URL).
  2. Buy and print the label through PayPal.
  3. Buy postage through another on-line seller such as PirateShip
  4. Go to the USPS counter and buy the postage.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@ekmadonna wrote:

Do not cancel the order.  You have multiple other options.

1. If you are having a problem on eBay, you can always access the older page by replacing “new_label” with “back_to_classic” in the address field (URL).
  2. Buy and print the label through PayPal.
  3. Buy postage through another on-line seller such as PirateShip
  4. Go to the USPS counter and buy the postage.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank You so much, I was able to bring up the old label page and print my label with your workaround. Now I can start doing some real work as I was getting very stressed having to deal with this issue. I will remember what to do now to get back to the old CLASSIC label page for the next label issue.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have had the same problem and it's not just PR. It appears to be any US territory other than 50 states. I ran into it for a VI package today. Same glitch and error message.

This has been going on for a week now as it started before last weekend.

Reported 3 times now and Ebay is aware... but can't seem to fix the glitch. How on earth does Ebay IT go live with a new label page not knowing that there are issues!?

As far as those other options....

1) This does work... replace "back_to_classic" in the URL field and it goes back to the old page. Just goes to show that there are ways around Ebay's shortcomings... but why should it be this hard!?

2) Paypal doesn't work at all for PR, VI, etc. Shows that it can't print labels for the orders due to "not supporting the address's format".... which is a new one to me. I can print labels out of the country... but not US territories!?

3) I keep things in house with the service provide by Ebay. No reason to go elsewhere when the Pitney Bowes discount is what I'm getting with my Ebay service. Not to mention it's an inconvenience and unnecessary if you have to go outside the Ebay label format for multiple packages. It is an option but not a very good one.

4) Not at the USPS counter prices. My listings are priced according to what I pay on the Ebay/Pitney Bowes format.  I suppose if you had room in your profit margin... it's an option... but not for the USPS 1st Class items I sell.

At any rate... I appreciate Option 1 It works the best for what I do. Thank's for making me aware "orangehound"!

Hopefully Ebay will get it worked out so hoops don't need to be jumped through!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@tc14jr wrote:

Reported 3 times now and Ebay is aware... but can't seem to fix the glitch. How on earth does Ebay IT go live with a new label page not knowing that there are issues!?

It is just eBay's deployment strategy.  Testing software can be expensive, so eBay only superficially tests their software ... then they simply deploy it to a small group of guinea pig users (without their permission) and see what breaks or how loud the bloody screams are from the users.   As the screams fade and the smoke clears, eBay rolls it out to more and more users ... which generates more breakage and screams.

It is, I suppose, a way to save software development money  ... but it is a horrible way to treat customers.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I had this same problem today. I tried to print a label to a US territory and it would not allow me to print it. After 30 minutes of trying I called ebay and they sent me a link to print the label with the classic. Also I found out that when you want the classic label back here are the steps. 
1. Start the process of clicking the label like you normally do. 
2. When the page loads, go to the top and click the URL, the link in the address bar. 

3. Don't erase all of it, it it is blue click it again, and this time take out the words New_Label
4. Replace them with the words back_to_classic and hit the enter. 

This should take you to the classic look for that item. You will have to do this with each item you sell that requires a customs form. I believe the new layout has a glitch in the customs form area as the classic label prints them fine. The new label format works great with everything but sales that has to do with filling out customs forms. And honestly, a customs form should have have to be attached to any US territory. I don't ever remember filling one out when shipping to PR. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@tc14jr wrote:

It is just eBay's deployment strategy.  Testing software can be expensive, so eBay only superficially tests their software ... then they simply deploy it to a small group of guinea pig users (without their permission) and see what breaks or how loud the bloody screams are from the users.   As the screams fade and the smoke clears, eBay rolls it out to more and more users ... which generates more breakage and screams.

It is, I suppose, a way to save software development money  ... but it is a horrible way to treat customers.

I posted a complaint on the BBB site so hopefully someone will see it and pass it along. And if not I will write it again. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! I had the same problem and this worked for me.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply