cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are WE paying for Chinese merchants to have their items delivered by the USPS?

The Postal Service is losing millions a year to help you buy cheap stuff from China

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/09/12/the-postal-service-is-losing-millions-a-...

And ebay created the deal that allows Chinese merchants to undercut you, ship for free, and then YOU have to pay extremely HIGH postal rates.  That is how your trading partner ebay stabbed you in the back.   I suggest you read the article, and there are many more articles on this.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Why are WE paying for Chinese merchants to have their items delivered by the USPS?

Yes,its absolutely unfair trade policy.

Why are we subsidizing the chinese and on top hurting our own businesses.

I am considering moving my items to a warehouse in China and ship from there with cheap eparcel rates.

Knock on the door of your politician and tell them to stop this unfair trade

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Re: Why are WE paying for Chinese merchants to have their items delivered by the USPS?

NO WONDER THE EBAY LABELS RATE (IE FOR 3 OZ) is actually now HIGHER(?) than the POST OFFICE RATE.. and yea Postal rates have shot up like 60% literally OVERNIGHT =(

I wodnered how they can sell for $0.49 INCLUDING SHIPPING from HK and CHINA!

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

It is absolutely unfair to businesses here!
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I agree this needs to stop.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@flowershops wrote:

NO WONDER THE EBAY LABELS RATE (IE FOR 3 OZ) is actually now HIGHER(?) than the POST OFFICE RATE.. and yea Postal rates have shot up like 60% literally OVERNIGHT =(

Wow are you way off.

The post office rate for a 3 ounce package is $3.50. eBay’s rate is $2.66. It used to be $2.61. $2.61 to $2.66 is a 2% increase.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

What is the rate in China $.01 ? China can ship to the US, pay our USPS nothing and have their goods delivered, meanwhile if we want to ship a 1oz package to China the rate is over $13.00. Does that make sense?
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@flowershops wrote:

Wow are you way off.

The post office rate for a 3 ounce package is $3.50. eBay’s rate is $2.66. It used to be $2.61. $2.61 to $2.66 is a 2% increase.

I'm fresh out of tin foil, but I will rush out and get some if this keeps up:)

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

What is the lowest ebay rate to China, and what do you think the rate is in China when they can ship $.99 items to USA, have them delivered by out Postal Service?  If you don't think that is way out of line, I'll buy you the tinfoil.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

China has everything to do with why sales on eBay are down. Why USPS is now working for china not USA.   There is no way to compete with them.

I know everyone hates Trump, but this is an issue that he is right on. China is killing american business.

They make stuff so cheap and americans are buying the stuff because there is no way to compete.

Everywhere I go, I look at packages and 9 out of 10 packages are made in china.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

This deal ebay made with the Postal Service was in 2010.  At that time shipping to all foreign countries for First Class International Packages was less than $6.00.  It is now STARTS at $13.00 for any package to China.  Yes, you get a small discount with ebay shipping.  BUT, the Chinese can ship a $.99 item to the USA for free!  So, WE are paying our postal service to deliver Chinese goods.  This is beyond unfair.  It is highway robbery.  The CHINESE need to pay their share of postal costs.

So, my international sales have all but disappeared due the the high postal rates, meanwhile China gets a free ride.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I absolutely hate it when the usps put us ,american businesses in a huge disadvantage.

And our postal workers are delivering chinese eparcels for free!!!!

What a joke this is.

IT HAS TO STOP!!!

The USPS is losing millions of dollars every year on this chinese eparcel deal.....so we all are subsidizing the chinese.

What a joke the USPS is

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

This wasn't a USPS decision. They're not happy about it either. You're pointing fingers at the wrong party. There is a mailing committee that makes the decisions and USPS has to follow.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

The US $ VS Chines $ is around 6.5.which means US$1 comes to Chinese $6.5/
When you buy from a Chinese seller and pays 99 cents with free shipping,he is getting Chinese $6.435 before Ebay and paypal micro payment fees.
Ebay fee would be Chinese $0.77,Paypal micro payment fee would be Chinese $.05 plus 0.0495,total fee would be 0.8695.
So he is getting Chinese $5.5655
He ships epacket and the item comes from factory or dumpster or wholesaler,he is making money,not much but it adds up.
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

there is no way to compete with fellow sellers from country where the goods are made,they have the advantage we do not.
If USPS raises its fee for delivering Chinese epackets,they are still cheaper .
The way it works in USA with Chinese imports -
if it costs the importer US$1 a piece,by the time he pays customs druty and freight and earn a wholesale profit,it would be US$3.
So your cost is US$3,while his cost is Chinese $1,difference is Chinese 18.50 (us$2.846)
Message 15 of 22
latest reply