cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are WE paying for Chinese merchants to have their items delivered by the USPS?

The Postal Service is losing millions a year to help you buy cheap stuff from China

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/09/12/the-postal-service-is-losing-millions-a-...

And ebay created the deal that allows Chinese merchants to undercut you, ship for free, and then YOU have to pay extremely HIGH postal rates.  That is how your trading partner ebay stabbed you in the back.   I suggest you read the article, and there are many more articles on this.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Why are WE paying for Chinese merchants to have their items delivered by the USPS?

It is not just China,it is the same with India,Indonesia,Thailand,Cambodia,Pakistan,Butan,many African countries and even Venezuela if they have anything left to sell
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Mailing committee?....who is in this committee?and why would they give away our mailservices for free to China?

Mailing committee or not,it does not take away that the Chinese use our mailing system for free.

Can anybode tell me exactly how much the Chinese pay on the eparcel.

If the ship items for $99 cents ,shipping included to the US it must be pennies.

Its crazy

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

read my post
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@thatswhat wrote:

What is the lowest ebay rate to China, and what do you think the rate is in China when they can ship $.99 items to USA, have them delivered by out Postal Service?  If you don't think that is way out of line, I'll buy you the tinfoil.

the tin foil was for the comparison/misconception of 1st Class online label rates vs.  POST OFFICE RATE,  and the 60% increase figure

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

You are so full of it. You know darn welll that postage rates have gone up in the last two years at a staggeringly high rate. Padded Flat Rate envelopes have gone up close to an entire dollar! And first class commercial pricing for packages over 12 oz. has risen astornonmically too. In some cases (13oz to 15 oz--and what a coincidence--those are the weights that commercial sellers--you know--like most every seller on ebay--used to get a pretty decent discount on) they have risen up to 64 cents in the last year alone. 

Raising prices on first class commercial like they did was a DIRECT hit--one might even go so far as to say, an attack--on small on-line sellers. Meanwhile they are making deals all over the place with big box stores and China--disgraceful. NO one is looking out for the little guy any more--no one cares if we starve to death. 70% of the country can't afford a 1000 dollar emergency, and 65% of people live paycheck to paycheck. But, I'm sure it is more important to give China those shipping breaks. Why should we expect the post office in our very own country to work for us? **bleep**--wake up!

You are ridulous to downplay this--and no one reading on this forum should believe one word that this shill writes here. Oh yeah--I don't have the tin foil hat on--I have my glasses on--and what I am seeing is an attempt to minimize the truth of how we have been decieved, ripped off, and stepped on by our own government--and Trump won't do anything about this, either--so don't hold your breath. He's a Capitalist cooporate pig--working for the other billionaires--NOT us.  You ought to be ashamed of yourself--telling people they are WAY off--the nerve of you--you turncoat.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

I'd like to hear from ebay on this. Would they renew this deal with China / USPS ? Also, there is no reasonable way to return defective items to China sellers - could ebay address that also. Thanks

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

I agree, I'm am getting killed with shipping in general.

To offer free shipping and add the cost of it into the item is not realistic anymore.

Customers don't care about what true cost are, why should they, China makes everything cheap and offers free shipping. 

Amazon free shipping has made a huge expectation for free shipping. 

Small business on eBay are a dying bread.

Now eBay is a big box and Chinese company.

Sell unique items is only way. 

eBay has also forced this whole free shipping and FREE RETURNS. So ridiculous. All a buyer needs to say is item not as described, I ask how it is not as described, but eBay doesn't help us try to get to the real reason. They just believe the buyer not matter what. So many buyers are scammers, trying to get something for nothing, and eBay assist them. 

Message 22 of 22
latest reply