cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with packages not being received in the east by post office? I have 2 now.

I have 2 packages that have not been received by customers.  They both went through Michigan.  What is gong on there?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What's going on with packages not being received in the east by post office? I have 2 now.

The Michigan USPS sorting facilities in Detroit, Allen Park, Pontiac and Lansing have been a nightmare for sellers.  I heard on local and national tv news programs that many State Senators and State Representatives and well as US Congress members have complained to USPS Post Master DeJoy about the extreme delays in delivery and lost packages sent to these facilities.

Join the rest of us sellers and file Missing Mail reports with USPS for them.

Missingmail.usps.com - then fill in the form.  You will need name & address of your buyer and tracking number.  Once you enter the tracking the form will auto-fill the shipping date and first class or Priority, etc.  After you fill in the form you have to click Verify Address at the bottom.  The next screen will show you 2 versions, the one you entered and the one USPS recommends which include the extra 4 zip code digits.  Then click Submit.  You will receive an email from USPS telling you it was accepted.  It can take up to 7 days for USPS to investigate, hopefully locate and get your package moving.

You can go to Missing Mail any time and use the link Submitted Requests to check on updates.

You can also go to your Seller Hub Shipping folder and at the bottom is Shipping Labels.  You can easily find the late orders by typing in the buyer's user id.  It will show In Transit if not yet delivered or Delivered if it was.  You can also click the tracking number there to keep an eye on any updates in movement.

The USPS is doing the best they can under the circumstances and some mail shipped 12/8 - 12/14 seems to be moving again.  Personally I have over 100 packages still sitting in USPS semi truck trailers and sorting facilities.  I filed 87 missing mail reports with USPS as of this morning and have had 11 of those finally get delivered.  I will be filing more this afternoon.

You may want to encourage you buyer's to also file at Missing Mail.  They may be shown that a report was already filed for their tracking which might make them more willing to wait.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

And for what it's worth, I shipped an item to a buyer in Indianapolis 12/11 or 12/12.  It sat in Detroit 4 days then Pontiac for 7 or 8 days. It has since been sitting in the USPS Indianapolis sorting facility since 12/22.  The same city the buyer resides in.   

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Your lucky, last Monday I had 14 packages not received some as far back as Dec. 4th and that one is still not here? Great service by the USPS, service is their most important by-product, raising the rates will never correct the poor service.  bubba

Message 4 of 4
latest reply