cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed, return sent back to me.

I sent a customer a package UPS on 12/18. They got it on 12/24 and opened a return on the 12/24 saying box was crushed and item inside was damaged and missing most of the pieces. I got the return back and they sent me the item in the same box I sent it in (not crushed as stated) same bubble wrap just thrown in the box but the item was a used with water spots, scratches and damaged. Not even the whole toy tub, no accessories or original  packaging. Lets just say not what I mailed them. I was told by two ebay reps to issue the refund and then file a complaint which I did. Never had this happen to me in my 15+ years. Ebay use to be such a nice and honest place to sell. Here are pics of what I sent them and what they sent me back. Shame on them ☹️my listing, I sent out.my listing, I sent out.only thing they sent back.only thing they sent back.watermarkswatermarksscratchesscratchesmy old shipping label w/re taped box I sentmy old shipping label w/re taped box I sentTheir shipping label on same box I sentTheir shipping label on same box I sent

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As eBay will say, "cost of doing business here". They, unfortunately, will take the buyers word that it was missing everything but the tub. More likely they needed a replacement and sent you back the old tub. Good luck.

@drldesigns516316 wrote:

I sent a customer a package UPS on 12/18. They got it on 12/24 and opened a return on the 12/24 saying box was crushed and item inside was damaged and missing most of the pieces. I got the return back and they sent me the item in the same box I sent it in (not crushed as stated) same bubble wrap just thrown in the box but the item was a used with water spots, scratches and damaged. Not even the whole toy tub, no accessories or original  packaging. Lets just say not what I mailed them. I was told by two ebay reps to issue the refund and then file a complaint which I did. Never had this happen to me in my 15+ years. Ebay use to be such a nice and honest place to sell. Here are pics of what I sent them and what they sent me back. Shame on them ☹️

I'm sorry you ran across this person, it is shameful of them to do this. However count yourself lucky that in 15+ years this has only happened to you once. The world is full of people such as this, I believe they do it for fun. I'm going to presume this wasn't a large financial loss for you, and I mean that respectfully as it could have been for a high dollar collectible or electronic. Just trying to put this into perspective for you, as it could have been much worse. Chalk this one up as a fun story to tell and concentrate on selling. You are a good seller and have much experience with good buyers. Try to remain positive and put this behind you quickly. Don't allow this person to live in your head. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your kind words. I just wanted to vent and let newbies know this does happen. And no, not a huge loss. People should be ashamed of themselves for scamming honest people.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is sad but true but those scamming type are out there and sad fact they are not ashamed in what they do.

I had someone buy a few DVD's (new and sealed) and after about a week they filed a INAD 

Got the DVD's back and all were opened and my guess is they had a movie night weekend and then filed the INAD 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply