cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS not scanning packages

Is anyone else having a problem with USPS not scanning every package? I have packages from the 20th of July (today is the 25th) that still have not been scanned. I went to the local post office where I drop off packages and after standing in line for 45 minutes, spoke to a supervisor about this. Her response was "lately, we've been overwhelmed and haven't had a chance to scan everything that comes in",. Well, why the hell do you offer tracking if you're not scanning packages? Apparently the station (Detroit) that the packages are being sent to are also not scanning. It's a huge mess with angry buyers thinking that I'm holding on to their packages for days at a time. 

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

thank you

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Ok 

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

Well i was informed today that they will no longer scan packages at my Texas post office after standing in line for over an hr.  WHAT?  She seemed to think that i have the tracking and that's all i need but i explained if i stand in line and they scan them about the time i get home it shows on Ebay that they are in possession of the package to me & my customers.  

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

The only solution for that is to wait in line and make them scan and get a receipt.  Otherwise it looks to buyers that you simply printed a label and have not shipped yet.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

I use the Kiosk in the USPS to self-scan my packages.  There should be an option to "Scan pre-paid package". Just self-scan and place in the Bin (or designated area for dropped off packages).

I was told this option was added for eBay sellers. eBay tracking shows same day "USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM" (Even during Christmas when some packaged didn't get a "real" USPS scan for two weeks). The only difference is you need to get at least one "real" scan for USPS to cover insurance. Not a concern for me, but I will take very expensive packages to be scanned at the desk (if the line isn't too long 😉

Message 50 of 50
latest reply