cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS has lost its mind

Its really going to happen ebay sellers. I saw the written card at my post office yesterday. Any packages over 22" will have a flat 4.00 extra charge. Over 30" will have a 15.00 extra charge. Also a 15.00 charge for a square footage i cant remember the details. I have never seen so many price increases in the last 5 years from them and now this is just rediculous. I will be using UPS and Fed Ex a lot more than in the past. BTW they were talking about this last December. Nothing to do with the gas prices being so high. Also the new fleet will be getting 8mpg. Bad decisions across the board for USPS. a tiny % electric or hybrid 😞

I hope ebay can help mitigate some of this crazy cost for sellers.

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

USPS has lost its mind

@macabrelibrarian wrote:

When this first came to light, I understood that this did not apply to Media Mail. Now I'm starting to wonder. Does anyone know?

The notices from USPS do not mention Media Mail.

https://www.prc.gov/docs/120/120190/Notice%20CP2022-22.pdf

https://www.prc.gov/docs/120/120310/Notice.Delayed.Imp.pdf

Message 16 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

This is another factor that will push buyers back to B&M stores. 

Message 17 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

As a part of 2022 rate increases announced by USPS late last year, new fees will take effect for some USPS products and services starting April 3, 2022. Below is an overview of the USPS shipping services  increases.

Non-standard fees

Additional fees will apply when package dimensions exceed USPS sortation specifications and require manual sorting. These fees will apply to Retail Ground, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground, and First Class Package Service.

• Packages that exceed 22 inches but are not greater than 30 inches in length: Add $4.00 per package
  • Packages that exceed 30 inches in length: Add $15.00 per package
  • Packages that exceed 2 cubic feet (3,456 cubic inches): Add $15.00 per package

A maximum of two non-standard fees may be assessed for a package.

Dimensional non-compliance fees

An additional $1.50 fee will apply to packages greater than 1 cubic foot (1,728 cubic inches) or 22 inches in length for Retail Ground, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and Parcel Select Ground when:

• Dimensions provided are inaccurate
  • Dimensions are not provided

Our shipping calculator  will automatically factor in the non-standard fee changes to your shipping quote and the shipping charge a buyer sees.

Smart Ship Tip: Use our DIM weight reference guide  to check package compliance.

While we recognize these fees may impact your shipping costs, remember that when you print your labels on eBay you can save up to 30% with pre-negotiated USPS rates. 

Message 18 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

I doubt they will be much help, "don't worry everyone will pay the same shipping cost" has been their mentally for years.  I can't even find the pod casts but might be a good thing.

Message 19 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@nobody*s_perfect 

The USPS in in the process of roll out a new service called USPS Connect™.

Here are the links in case anyone wants to check it out.

Introducing USPS Connect™ solutions, a dynamic suite
of services to help any size business move forward.

https://www.uspsconnect.com/ 

Rollout - Dates

https://www.uspsconnect.com/local/rollout 

Message 20 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

Can't find the rates but you do have to take into a designated pick up location

Message 21 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@tsme35 wrote:

Can't find the rates but you do have to take into a designated pick up location

Will have to look again, but I think it mentioned package pick up as an option for this. For local, same day if picked up in morning and next day if dropped off half hour before closing or something.

Message 22 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

Being rural, doubt this will be much use for me

Message 23 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@tsme35  

When the new podcast goes live, it will be on this page:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business-Podcast/bg-p/eBay_Podcast_GHblog-board

The podcast can also be found by going to the top of this page, above the search bar, and looking to the right: "Podcast"

Message 24 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@tsme35 wrote:

Being rural, doubt this will be much use for me

@lepke1979 

It says when rolled out it will be available to every address on every route.

I assume on regional you would drop off at the post office like any other package.

Video

https://www.uspsconnect.com/watch.USPS_Connect_REV_0709.de05cd7d.mp4 

Doc_7_08_02 PM.jpgDoc_7_08_13 PM.jpgDoc_7_08_23 PM.jpg

Message 25 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@goodbrakes wrote:

As a part of 2022 rate increases announced by USPS late last year, new fees will take effect for some USPS products and services starting April 3, 2022. Below is an overview of the USPS shipping services  increases.

Non-standard fees

Additional fees will apply when package dimensions exceed USPS sortation specifications and require manual sorting. These fees will apply to Retail Ground, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground, and First Class Package Service.

• Packages that exceed 22 inches but are not greater than 30 inches in length: Add $4.00 per package
  • Packages that exceed 30 inches in length: Add $15.00 per package
  • Packages that exceed 2 cubic feet (3,456 cubic inches): Add $15.00 per package

A maximum of two non-standard fees may be assessed for a package.

Dimensional non-compliance fees

An additional $1.50 fee will apply to packages greater than 1 cubic foot (1,728 cubic inches) or 22 inches in length for Retail Ground, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and Parcel Select Ground when:

• Dimensions provided are inaccurate
  • Dimensions are not provided

Our shipping calculator  will automatically factor in the non-standard fee changes to your shipping quote and the shipping charge a buyer sees.

Smart Ship Tip: Use our DIM weight reference guide  to check package compliance.

While we recognize these fees may impact your shipping costs, remember that when you print your labels on eBay you can save up to 30% with pre-negotiated USPS rates. 

tyler@ebay, velvet@ebay 

Questions regarding the above specifications ...

1. Will eBay's Calculated shipping automatically adjust for these new rates based on the dimensions / weight supplied by Sellers when they create their listings?

2. Will eBay's label flow automatically adjust for the Seller's cost for these new fees?

3. Will eBay be doing this automatically starting April 3, 2022?

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 26 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

Signed up so may get a phone call at some point. Am a small shipper, but may be interesting. This says regional has shipping minimums.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2022/03/23/usps-plans-to-add-new-connect-service-to-online-marketplac...

Message 27 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@neatstuff4utoo, @eunster1313 , @my-cottage-books-and-antiques , @tsme35 , @lepke1979 

Looks like buying inventory to sell on eBay will now have a new requirement ... size ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 28 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@mr_lincoln  Size has certainly become a more important consideration, yes. There have been a number of posts abut this. As I noted in one of those, one thing I'm trying is a coded coupon sale on oversize items, with an explanation about the new rates on my store homepage, and I also sent out a store newsletter with the coupon and an explanation. Not sure it's doing much good though. This is aimed at trying to sell some of this stuff BEFORE the new fees go into effect. 

Once the new fees go into effect, I'm going to be re-evaluating my existing listings. I think most of my items subject to the $4.00 fee will be able to handle that, but the $15.00 (or even $30.00 fee)....that's a tough one....

Message 29 of 105
latest reply

USPS has lost its mind

@mr_lincoln wrote: ... Looks like buying inventory to sell on eBay will now have a new requirement ... size ...

That's been true, though to a lesser degree, ever since USPS extended their "dimensional weight" formula to Parcel Select and all Priority zones.

Message 30 of 105
latest reply