cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS PARCEL SELECT is TRASH!

I package stuff for shipping VERY carefully. Like bubble wrap, medical pads, and pool noodles for extra support. 90% of everything I've shipped parcel select has arrived broken. One package looked like a fork lift went through it. I will NEVER ship parcel select again W/O insurance. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

And of course you are double boxing all those fragile glass items you sold.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

@catlover2444 wrote:

I package stuff for shipping VERY carefully. Like bubble wrap, medical pads, and pool noodles for extra support.

What is a medical pad?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I would presume those are the blue plastic lined 'Chux" pads that are put on patients beds to keep the bed dry.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

All I could think of were gauze pads, which would not offer any support for shipping, but when I looked up "medical pad" on eBay it showed pads for people that wet the bed. Is that what you mean?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

I would presume those are the blue plastic lined 'Chux" pads that are put on patients beds to keep the bed dry.

OK. I've never seen one of those before. Do they offer any kind of real cushion to handle shipping?

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Maybe abdominal pads?  They come in many sizes.

Decided to add:  These are some of the best things to have around for sponging up any body moisture from injuries or infections. Especially for older folks!

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

USPS accepts parcels that weigh up to 70 lbs, and parcels that weigh a lot are sent that way because PM would be too expensive. So imagine multiple heavy packages stacked on top of a 5 lb package. That's a recipe for disaster.  Use PM for better results. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

"OK. I've never seen one of those before. Do they offer any kind of real cushion to handle shipping?"

Absolutely not, tho as a retired RN, I can tell you they keep the bed dry.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Thanks, that's what I thought.

If @catlover2444 is interested, I'm sure we'd all be happy to offer some packing (and packing material) tips for fragile items.

A 90% destruction rate points to packing, not to the carrier. Damage should be the exception when an item is appropriately packed, not the norm.

If the package is insured, USPS will request the item with box and all packing materials for inspection. If they find you used "insufficient packaging" they will deny the claim.

Parcel Select is going away in a couple months, and the replacement service includes a level of insurance. Details can be found in the link in my signature below.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@bonjourami 

You know your a nurse when you use the term Chux!!! 😉  

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

LOL..true..idk what else to call them!

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

@bonjourami 

😆 🤣 Chux are called that in hospital settings, blue plastic on one side and a light soft cotton side, they are the lifeline for nurses when we have busy patients,  lol!

Think OP is referring to the same thing but bought at Walmart for incontinence issues or pets.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Gotta' double box........

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Oh, I know what you're talking about @silverstatetreasureboxes! Several years back I helped out a buddy of mine puppy-sit. Puppy wasn't 100% trained yet so he told me to keep one of those things by the front door in case of emergency. Buddy called them "wee wee pads" and I don't think I need to tell you about the merciless mocking that followed. 😆

They're very thin and flimsy, not something I'd consider suitable for packing. Even used as void fill it would crumple to nothing - about as effective as a plastic bag. Pet peeve of mine when sellers use plastic bags to fill box void because they always arrive completely flattened with the item inside damaged from banging around, essentially loose.

We'll never know exactly what the OP is using unless they come back to let us know. I won't assume it's the pee pads because there are various types of "medical pads" one can purchase, though none I found so far would provide protection during shipping for breakables.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 30
latest reply