cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Major Delays

Since just before Thanksgiving nearly 1/3 of our shipments are arriving 7-10 days late.  The biggest problem is that there are no scans for most package until they arrive in the buyers state.  Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

USPS Major Delays

@mspsports wrote:

Since just before Thanksgiving nearly 1/3 of our shipments are arriving 7-10 days late.  The biggest problem is that there are no scans for most package until they arrive in the buyers state.  Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

Not me.

I stand in line to get scans at the counter.

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

I have also seen the extended delivery times, they have varied depending on the buyers location, and it is not unusual for this time of year but it is NO WHERE near the fiasco of the 2020 holiday season. Like luckythewinner I stand in line and have USPS scan and weigh the items I am dropping off and obtain a receipt. 

The initial scan has always shown up in the tracking but I have noticed the package is not always getting scanned while in transit and like you sometimes I only see the delivery scan once the package has been delivered.

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

no real problems, a couple, a day late........  Still seeing scans enroute.

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

I have a similar issue, my packages are scanned at pickup but no further scans until delivery. 
Packages are never more than a couple of days past eBay’s estimated dates of delivery. 

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

I can count on 1 hand the issues I've had with USPS in the past 4 years or so. I think I've just been extremely lucky though considering that I only use the scan sheet and never wait in line as it's a waste of time.

I think it honestly depends on where you are located and/or how long or how many stops it takes before it gets to the distribution center in your area. For me, our distribution center is about an hour or so away and if my packages doesn't get physically scanned when I drop them off, 99.99% of the time they will once they get to our distribution center.

Obviously they're short staffed and dealing with millions of packages but also, unfortunately some workers just don't give a hoot and are just their to collect a check. All the workers at my Post office around the corner that I go to are super nice & extremely helpful. I used to go to a different post office that was about 10 minutes away but they were extremely rude, hated when I'd bring in more than 5-10 packages & didn't let me leave them on the counter(already have labels on them) and leave but would almost force you to get in line, wait & get a receipt which I understand but their is no reason to be rude, mean or talk down to a complete stranger because you hate your job.

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

No problems so far.....everything is scanned by the mail carrier or at the USPS self scan kiosk, & plenty of scans from the center, to the distrobution centers, & upto delivery. Delivery has been early, on-time, & some a few days tardy. Everything has been normal so far!!!

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

I can't imagine life without USPS pickup

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

@luckythewinner wrote:

@mspsports wrote:

Not me.

I stand in line to get scans at the counter.

I "Scan prepaid package" using the self-service machines at the USPS (and drop scanned packages in package bin). Usually, no waiting when the counter lines can be out the door. Top-rated 0.00% late shipment rate for years now. Previously, USPS would miss some first scans (most during Christmas season - including USPS drop-offs and carrier pickups).

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

@mspsports ,

Nope, Nada, Null, Zilch, Nein.

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

Yes, please contact @inhawaii for details. 😂🤣😂

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

I haven't had scanning problems...yet.  I always use carrier pickup and even if the subs don't scan my packages, they get scanned pretty quickly at the distribution location which is a couple hours away.  Unfortunately, we just heard they are closing this distribution location which is a main one for our whole state.  I don't know where they will go now so not sure how this will affect my future scans.😐

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

I am so lucky not needing tracking... scanning on most of my shipments. USPS is getting my mailings 3-4 days cross country.

Anything I have tracking takes forever lately....Florida the worst...followed by Virginia.

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

When I have multiple items to mail (rare these days) I take them to the Post Office (7 miles away) for initial scan.  For single item mailing take to my postal station for pickup (9 AM & 2:30 PM). .. where the scanning is erratic.   The pickup scan often shows ridiculous "Acceptance" times a day or two later (4:09 AM, 9:54 PM, etc) and sometimes in another state (Fargo ND... I'm in Florida).   From the same Monday mailing from Florida I've had Media Mail delivered in California on Wednesday and Priority to Miami take 4 days.  But, to their credit, only ONE lost package in 25 years.

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

USPS Major Delays

USPS, the worst I have seen it since this season in 2021. No problem getting pickup scans by the carrier but scans are sketchy after the initial scan and some days late to 7 days late at this time.  

UPS is experiencing delays as well on some shipments, but none appear to be off into the abyss as they can get with USPS. 

Just received a call from a USPS help request. I was not expecting any help but was just hoping that the help request would have generated an entry into the tracking as I have seen in the past. Nada with this one. 

Posting ID
Message 15 of 54
latest reply