cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricked Into Paying Excessive Postage

My default setting for shipping was ignored and Ebay sold me a different type of shipping that was more expensive. Once you click, you cannot unclick, and you cannot cancel the transaction. What I expect from Ebay is to know what I am buying ahead of time, before committing to purchase. It would also be nice if they gave you the option to cancel within 60 seconds, just in case that purchase is not correct.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Tricked Into Paying Excessive Postage

How were you tricked?

On the shipping label page, you can choose the option you want.

You have 5 days to void a shipping label.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Easier said than done. I tried to do that but was unable to find the link.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

OK, I found it, and this is the message I got. "We sent the carrier your request. If the carrier hasn't scanned your label, you'll receive a refund in a few days". So the refund might happen in a few days, which is better than where I was before, however what I want is the refund to take place right away, since it was a mistake on the part of Ebay. They ignored the shipping type specified in the listing, and substituted a higher priced type of shipment.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It is easy....

You can void shipping labels by going to your seller hub, click the Orders tab to bring up the menu. Click Shipping Labels. Next find the order you wand to void a label for, click the actions drop down menu, next select VOID LABEL. You will be refunded in approximately 2-3 weeks. 

IMG_1536.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I am still having problems. They won't allow me to buy shipping again. I am going to have to buy the shipping outside of Ebay.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

"So the refund might happen in a few days"

@pf9000 

Yes, but it can take USPS up to (about) three weeks to get your credit to you. Hang in there...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I wasn't allowed to select an option, and the shipping they sold me by mistake was the wrong shipping option.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You can buy another label.eBay just shows you a reminder that a label was purchased for the same item. You can still continue with the purchase. Just disregard the message.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Was your item supposed to be sent media mail?   That is available only on certain categories so if your category wasn’t one of those, eBay will default to another shipping method.  If your item is eligible for media mail you can purchase a label on another service such as Pirateship. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Your manuals are listed in the "Vintage Televisions" category @pf9000 . Vintage televisions do not qualify for media mail.

Your instruction manuals, if 8+ pages, do qualify, however you will not be able to purchase MM labels through eBay unless you list in an eligible category like Books.

You can buy the MM label at pirateship.com as PJ suggested, or buy it at the post office since it's the same rate. There's no online discount for Media Mail. Just make sure you upload the tracking to eBay if you buy at the PO, or integrate your eBay account with PirateShip so they can send tracking to eBay for you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply