cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid ebay and usps shipping upgrade

So, now sellers will have to "upgrade" USPS shipping on "every single" item in their store; even if the have over 100,000.00?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Thank goodness you only have 245!!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Depends what you are selling. Doesn't seems to affect me so far.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I figured I would select all my first-class items and bulk-edit them to the newer shipping policy. 

I read we have 30 days after July 9th to do that.

But I don't have 100,000 items either.

Maybe eBay could design an automated script or something to change or add in the new policy?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I cannot imagine any seller would have 100K listings and not be using business policies. With biz policies I could update 100K listings in no time.

With only 245 listings you can use the bulk editor starting July 9th if you don't want to update one at a time.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The only 'upgrade' would be for items that weight 15.5 oz and 'used to ship' 1st class, now having to go 'another way. 

Doubtful there is 1 seller here than has 100,000 items that weigh between 15 and 16 oz. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

When this new service was announced, there was a gap in the weights. Good news!  The price bracket for weights above 12 ounces now goes up to 15.99 ounces, just as online First Class package does now.  Even retail will go up to 15.99 ounces.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Which was a BIG relief. I have so many things that can go FCP that fall in that last ounce.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

When this new service was announced, there was a gap in the weights. Good news!  The price bracket for weights above 12 ounces now goes up to 15.99 ounces, just as online First Class package does now.  Even retail will go up to 15.99 ounces.

Awesome! I just read that the 'new service' was 15 oz max and then upwards from there. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

That was alarming, but apparently there was a clamor, or perhaps the original documents had an error. Anyway, the new rates have been approved and you can see them here:

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/July%202023%20Price%20Change%2020230627%20-%20Notice123%20...

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@da_378637 wrote:

So, now sellers will have to "upgrade" USPS shipping on "every single" item in their store; even if the have over 100,000.00?

Well, I don't have 100,000.00 listings (nor do you AND I am not sure why you include the decimal00) but I do have 11,000.

I can change ALL of my shipping parameters in a matter of single digit minutes.

Your concern for my well being, although noted, in unnecessary.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

No "upgrade" is required.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Bulk edit takes a few minutes.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I'm definitely going to try to bulk edit, but that's not a feature I've used in a very long time.   Is there a way to see if my item is 1st class when I go to edit without pulling it up individually?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

...even if the have over 100,000.00?

I would say especially when you have 100,000 items. 😉

Message 15 of 16
latest reply