cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping switcheroo

So I ordered something I need asap. I pick a seller that offered free priority mail shipping. Has the fast and free logo displayed. Ordered on the 20th and tracking shows label printed. I contact him to ask if it was shipped and just not scanned. He tells me he sent it this mornig Fedex smartpost.

How can he advertise priority then switch to smartpost? 

What can I do? I make it a point not to buy smartpost delivered stuff because I hate that service.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Shipping switcheroo

@Anonymous wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@Anonymous  Please clarify this issue, if the seller downgrades the shipping and the item is late can the buyer get a full refund + return shipping?  Downgrading the shipping is a no-no in the policy so what does the buyer do when this occurs?

Hi @dtexley3, if the seller ships outside of their estimated handling time and the item is delivered late, we can review to determine if this is a valid snad.

We do not cover the shipping service itself, but will provide protection for late delivery after late shipment.

The buyer would need to receive the item and open a return request to have pursue a resolution.

@Anonymous, wondering which would be the SNAD reason to select:

Message 31 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@dougsue123bwrote:

Using fast and free to get closer to the top of the list then switching to smart post is what peeves me.

I have a 3 day handling time and advertise  economy 1-10 day shipping, but  because i typically get things sent out sooner, eBay AUTOMATICALLY slaps "fast and free"  all over my listings, even though I DO NOT WANT it there!   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 32 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

This item has fast and free plus it advertised USPS priority mail.

Message 33 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

"I was going to file INR then refuse the package when it came in."

That would be a huge mistake.

Message 34 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Whys that?

Message 35 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@Anonymous

Then what happened to the mantra that the advertised shipping method was "part of the listing" and was expected to be adhered to?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 36 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@lookng2015@  wrote:
@Anonymous

Then what happened to the mantra that the advertised shipping method was "part of the listing" and was expected to be adhered to?

https://s18.postimg.org/5adgqb7cp/image.png@Anonymous

Message 37 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hafoster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@Anonymous  Please clarify this issue, if the seller downgrades the shipping and the item is late can the buyer get a full refund + return shipping?  Downgrading the shipping is a no-no in the policy so what does the buyer do when this occurs?

Hi @dtexley3, if the seller ships outside of their estimated handling time and the item is delivered late, we can review to determine if this is a valid snad.

We do not cover the shipping service itself, but will provide protection for late delivery after late shipment.

The buyer would need to receive the item and open a return request to have pursue a resolution.

@Anonymous, wondering which would be the SNAD reason to select:

Hi @hafoster, since the shipping timeframe is a part of the description, the option would be "Doesn't match description or photos". We can review for appropriate action when the item was shipped outside of the seller's handling time and arrives later than the latest estimated delivery date.

Message 38 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoptalkid wrote:

@dougsue123bwrote:

Using fast and free to get closer to the top of the list then switching to smart post is what peeves me.

I have a 3 day handling time and advertise  economy 1-10 day shipping, but  because i typically get things sent out sooner, eBay AUTOMATICALLY slaps "fast and free"  all over my listings, even though I DO NOT WANT it there!    

Hi @shoptalkid, Customer Service can Opt you out of the Fast 'N Free program if you contact them slight_smile

Message 39 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lookng2015 wrote:
@Anonymous

Hi @lookng2015, our focus is on the delivery timeframe, not the service. There may be times where the seller decides to use a different shipping method and as long as the item is shipped within the stated handling time and/or arrives on time, the seller is not considered to be at fault.

Message 40 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hafoster wrote:

@lookng2015@  wrote:
@Anonymous

https://s18.postimg.org/5adgqb7cp/image.png@Anonymous

Hi @hafoster, it looks like this statement was made about 3.5 years ago and there have been many updates and changes to our protection programs in that time. I apologize if this comment has caused some confusion, and can confirm that we do not offer protection based on the shipping method in the listing compared to what is utilized by the seller.

Message 41 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi lookng2015, our focus is on the delivery timeframe, not the service. There may be times where the seller decides to use a different shipping method and as long as the item is shipped within the stated handling time and/or arrives on time, the seller is not considered to be at fault.

Trinton, how does this policy change, if at all, when there are multiple shipping methods offered on the listing?

If a listing has Priority, First Class and Media Mail as options and the buyer chooses Priority, shouldn't the seller be required to ship Priority (or better) if that's the service chosen and paid for? Wouldn't shipping Media Mail in that case be considered "not as described" even if the seller meets their handling time and/or the estimated delivery date?

Message 42 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@laylajames9 wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi lookng2015, our focus is on the delivery timeframe, not the service. There may be times where the seller decides to use a different shipping method and as long as the item is shipped within the stated handling time and/or arrives on time, the seller is not considered to be at fault.

Trinton, how does this policy change, if at all, when there are multiple shipping methods offered on the listing?

If a listing has Priority, First Class and Media Mail as options and the buyer chooses Priority, shouldn't the seller be required to ship Priority (or better) if that's the service chosen and paid for? Wouldn't shipping Media Mail in that case be considered "not as described" even if the seller meets their handling time and/or the estimated delivery date?

Hi @laylajames9, the seller needs to meet the handling time and/or estimated delivery date expectations set at purchase. The shipping method may change the estimated delivery date, so changing the method to a slower service may cause problems if the item is delivered late. We can review these situations for appropriate protections. If the seller changes the shipping method and meets the shipping time expectations in the listing, then this would not qualify for potential protections from us.

Message 43 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

"If a listing has Priority, First Class and Media Mail as options and the buyer chooses Priority, shouldn't the seller be required to ship Priority (or better) if that's the service chosen and paid for? Wouldn't shipping Media Mail in that case be considered "not as described" even if the seller meets their handling time and/or the estimated delivery date?"

No.

Message 44 of 59
latest reply

Shipping switcheroo

@laylajames9wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Trinton has stated that the shipping method is not part of the item description. So shipping media mail when the listing specified priority is not SNAD. There is written policy that says otherwise though. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 45 of 59
latest reply