cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Based USPS Shipping Table?

It seems like there should be a saved USPS zone table to access under shipping table - I find no saved or default shipping tables when I go to mine - No Store currently.

I use calculated shipping - mainly priority mail - and I would like to offer a discount for zones 7, 8, and possibly a surcharge for zone 1, in order to even out shipping nationally.

Usps has a zone calculator by first 3 digit zips, but I don't see a way to enter that info, as are only states by region in my settings. Seems that zone data by zip would be very easy for ebay to have incorporated into the shipping tables. (?)

Seems like adding discounts / surcharges by zone should not be a big deal - am I missing something?

Does having a store offer more options for creating shipping tables, or default tables available?

The Flat rate option, I think would penalize closer zones.

You can create a zone-based shipping table by going to Site Preferences under Account Settings.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, the rate tables are by region/state. That is all there is for all sellers.

In most cases you can get pretty close to USPS zones by using states or parts of states. On average.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@bisbeeracing wrote:

Usps has a zone calculator by first 3 digit zips, but I don't see a way to enter that info, as are only states by region in my settings. Seems that zone data by zip would be very easy for ebay to have incorporated into the shipping tables. (?)

Yes, that is what all of us would want, and it is the logical way to do this ... but eBay seems to develop their software in a vacuum, neither engineered by people who do selling at any level on eBay, nor consulting with sellers who would use the software.

This is eBay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

Yes, that is what all of us would want, and it is the logical way to do this ... but eBay seems to develop their software in a vacuum, neither engineered by people who do selling at any level on eBay, nor consulting with sellers who would use the software.

This is eBay.

Also, It's possibly a matter of limited resources. Developing sophisticated algorithms for progressively squeezing the last cent out of sellers; is pretty labor intensive, I would imagine.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply