cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping international "Spain"???

Hello, I just started selling on ebay not to ago and I got a mesage from a ebay user today about if I can ship my item to spain? I was wondering what kind of shipping method shoud I use if I want to ship my item international also if tracking can be included that would be amazed? My item weight about 12-13 oz  and I would usually use  first class shipping as my main shipping if the location that i'm shipping to is somewhere in the US.  

Thanks you 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@davwardrobe wrote:

Hello, I just started selling on ebay not to ago and I got a mesage from a ebay user today about if I can ship my item to spain? I was wondering what kind of shipping method shoud I use if I want to ship my item international also if tracking can be included that would be amazed? My item weight about 12-13 oz  and I would usually use  first class shipping as my main shipping if the location that i'm shipping to is somewhere in the US.  

Thanks you 

U can still use USPS, but it would be: 1st class int'l, priority int'l or express int'l depending on how much they are will to pay for shipping. USPS 1st class int'l has delivery confirmation for some countries, but I'm not sure if Spain is one of them. There is a list on the USPS website for those countries. Priority and Express both have delivery confirmation. You can always add registered to the 1st class, but I think that cost about $14 extra.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There are many countries you can ship to. There are also many countries you don't want to ship to. Some items you can't ship to certain countries. International shipping can be confusing even for long time sellers. Please take the time to read all of ebays rules and regulations. Also read through these boards. The boards contain helpful information on selling, buying, protection, shipping, SCAMS, tracking, returns and refunds to name a few. Always come here first if you have a question or problem. Ebay CS does not always provide the best advice.    Best of luck.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I would also recommend using 'shipsaver' insurance for countries without delivery confirmation. Cost just $1 per $100 worth of value. eBay has that app.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

For a 12-13 oz. package, use First Class International. Tracking to Spain comes with the deal, as it does to pretty much every civilized and half-civilized country these days.

Spain is not unusually problematic. Don't let watching "Fawltey Towers" dissuade you from dealing with Spaniards.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Note: The key word is Package- Delivery confirmation is available with  First-Class Package International Service. (or express services)

It is not available with First-Class International.  These are two different services.

The international shipping services for which free online tracking is available include:

First-Class Package International Service
Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes
Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes"

Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service (E-USPS DELCON INTL)

"Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International service — abbreviated E-USPS DELCON INTL — is a service available for First-Class Package International Service items to select destination countries at no charge."

Also see:

Country Conditions for Mailing — Spain

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If you do decide to ship using first class international package,  you must purchase the postage online. If you purchase it at the post office it will not have delivery confirmation.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You can mail up to 4 lbs. via international First Class Package Service; there are 4 rate tiers -- your item fits into the 9 oz. to 32 oz. tier -- and Spain does accept e-DelCon.   For FCPS, Spain is in Price Group 5.  USPS publishes all rates here:

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm

More information abour USPS rules and regulations is here:

https://pe.usps.com/

Specifically, Customs requirements for Spain are here:

https://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ps_035.htm#ep3343569

I'm not sure exactly what you are selling, but you may wish to note that Spain prohibits importation of playing cards (as do some other countries).

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Am I out of date?  For some time I've sold internationally via eBay's Global Shipping Program.  No more work or risk than shipping domestically.  

Debora

Message 9 of 9
latest reply