cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping down and my TRS next-day shipping requirement.

I understand that shipping is down.  And I appreciate kyle@ebay dropping a message to let us know that eBay is aware of the issue, but I am curious if this will affect my Top-Rated-Seller status that requires me to ship next business day.

My postman has already come and gone so I cannot get these package out until tomorrow.  With sales dropping lately, today's packages represent an amount of "late shipments" that could affect my TRS status.

If kyle@ebay or anyone else from eBay is reading this, will I be protected automatically or will I need to call eBay support.

Thank you. 

Happy and healthy holiday season to all.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Shipping down and my TRS next-day shipping requirement.

I'd love to know an answer for this as well. I'm in the same boat.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Shipping appears to be working now. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@gozhven wrote:

My postman has already come and gone so I cannot get these package out until tomorrow.  With sales dropping lately, today's packages represent an amount of "late shipments" that could affect my TRS status.

Protections generally go by how long the service was down. If it's restored within the next hour or two then there may not be any protections, especially since labels other than eBay Standard Envelope and FedEx labels for Authenticity Guarantee can easily be purchased elsewhere.

For future reference: 

If you need labels urgently, you can purchase pretty much anything but eBay Standard Envelope elsewhere. pirateship.com is a good option for USPS and UPS services.

That said, if labels come back up today and you purchase labels today, that will satisfy "tracking uploaded on time" and if the labels get scans at any point along the journey that will satisfy "and validated". That leaves late shipping. eBay shows buyers a delivery range from X date to X date, so if the package arrives within that range, it will not be considered late.

Generate your labels today and as long as you ship tomorrow you'll have a decent shot at avoiding late shipments @gozhven .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Stop spamming other people’s posts with this. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

eBay is one of many avenues to buy labels.  eBay labels being down does not prevent shipment.  Any defects from a few hour issue should not be removed.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

i'm in the same boat also, i have packages needing to go out and can't get the dang labels purchased/printed.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It does when using the authenticity service or international service.  I could ship one item out but not another one.  I'm still waiting for it to be fixed entirely so I can ship the 2nd package out today.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I am unable to leave my house for medical reasons.  I rely on ebay label service and the USPS daily pickups.  I didn't know of these other services you mentioned.  And the only reason I didn't just go with Click & Ship was because you pay a lot more money that way.

But thanks for pointing out the standard for uploading and getting it scanned.  I'll print today and the PO will scan tomorrow.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Pirateship is a a great backup. No monthly fee so the account can sit just incase technical issues happen on eBay.

Its UPS and USPS only though.

Prices are typically similar or cheaper than eBay. The reason possible cheaper on some is because unlike eBay it offers cubic pricing.

Also has eBay Integration avaliable so they can pull the order and prefill the address and information.

You should always have a backup, I would expect all TRS to have at least one.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply