cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller advertised Priority but sent as Ground Advantage

I recently ordered an item and seller advertised as Priority Mail for $3 and yes I know they can't ship by Priority for $3 so should I point out to them that they shipped by a different method or just let it go?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You can let them know nicely. Sounds like an honest mistake and the seller may have used an old listing. Doing a sell similar this can happen. I would just send a just wanted to let you know.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Yeah I was going to be nice about it. Just didn't know if it was worth mentioning or if my item arrives in good condition to just not say anything.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Depending on the distance, the rates can be close and even cross over in some cases.  Also, the shipping time may not be different anyway.   If it's a new seller, I would let it go.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@aproudparent2010 wrote:

Yeah I was going to be nice about it. Just didn't know if it was worth mentioning or if my item arrives in good condition to just not say anything.

@aproudparent2010 

This is one of my pet peeves. At face value, you have a NAD shipment with the downgrading of the service.

But if it arrives in good condition, I may not say anything... I'd not even leave feedback.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Member since 2016 and almost 700 items sold

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

If it arrived on time, Ebay will not do anything to the seller.

They rarely do anything to a seller who ships media mail when it is not media.

Since Ebay will not do anything to back you up, you come out looking like a high maintenance buyer, which most sellers do not want.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@aproudparent2010 wrote:

I recently ordered an item and seller advertised as Priority Mail for $3 and yes I know they can't ship by Priority for $3 so should I point out to them that they shipped by a different method or just let it go?

Just to be clear: have you verified that the tracking number is not that of a Priority package? The seller may just be eating part of the cost in order to offer a discounted Priority rate. Click on the tracking number and follow the details link in order to jump to the tracking history page on the USPS.com site, then scroll down to the Product Information section of the page. Expand that to see which shipping method was actually used.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@aproudparent2010 wrote: ... I know they can't ship by Priority for $3 so should I point out to them that they shipped by a different method or just let it go?

They can't purchase a Ground Advantage label for $3, either.  Have you confirmed that the seller shipped via GA?  

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Yes, I have the tracking number and it was shipped Ground Advantage.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@aproudparent2010 wrote:

Just to be clear: have you verified that the tracking number is not that of a Priority package? The seller may just be eating part of the cost in order to offer a discounted Priority rate. Click on the tracking number and follow the details link in order to jump to the tracking history page on the USPS.com site, then scroll down to the Product Information section of the page. Expand that to see which shipping method was actually used.

I am well aware how to do that, I've shipped over 500,000 packages myself

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I wouldn’t care as long as it arrives within the stated time. Priority hasn’t been much faster anyway. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

If you had paid a higher price for Priority and it was sent Ground for less,  you'd have a legitimate complaint. But if you were only charged $3, I'd let it go since the seller must have ate some of the cost anyway.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

What do you hope to accomplish by messaging the seller? Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I would just let it go if I got the item within a reasonable time and it was what I ordered.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Either way, you go a nice discount on the shipping cost. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply