cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Refuses To Pay Return Shipping

Defective item.  $8.95 item with free shipping. Seller refuses to pay return shipping and I refuse to pay $5 to return a defective $8.95 item. 

I suggested she refund $8.95 and I’ll destroy item and take pictures. 

She now claims the verbiage didn’t promise things I’m complaining about.  The “insulated double wall” cup infers it keeps hot and cold for hours. Thirty minutes was all it lasted plus it leaks. 

Due to disability I can't call eBay. Email is not available and I need an eBay rep to intervene. I don’t want to message anyone here and request help as that’s not right. 

So ... could a rep please contact me so this can be resolved?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well, persistence pays off. I filed with PayPal and eBay. eBay declined since PayPal was handling it. 

Received a full refund and wasn’t told to return item. I stuck it in a drawer behind medical supplies in case I’m asked to return it. January 1 I’ll throw it away. 

So, to those that said I’m out of luck, handled it wrong, didn’t do things right or other comments (snarky), I’ll just say “neener neener neener”!!

Sometimes it pays to not give up when you feel you’re right, no matter how many doors are shut in your face.   My $7.95 would have been taken as a loss when I earned six figures a year.   $100 items were tossed. Wasn’t worth the time to argue. Now that I’m disabled and on SSDI,  every penny counts.  This guy may rip off others who won’t bother to take time to dispute sheer theft. Not me. As painful as it was to repeatedly type emails about this, in the end, I won. 

At times, us ladies need to grow a pair!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You dont need a rep..file a not as described case in the Resolution center,(below) and Ebay will charge her for a return label.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I filed already and had to return by the 17th. I don’t remember the choice I chose as the reason.  I’m in limbo and need a rep 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@lovemykindle wrote:

I filed already and had to return by the 17th. I don’t remember the choice I chose as the reason.  I’m in limbo and need a rep 

When you file an "item not as described" case, the seller is required to provide the return shipping label if they want the item back.    Do you see an option to escalate the case?  If it lets you add a note, just say that you did not receive the return shipping label from the seller for a defective item.   Ebay will more than likely refund you without making you return the item.    STOP communicating directly with the seller, it just makes things worse, especially if they are arguing with you over who pays return shipping.   They are obviously not aware that when a buyer opens an "item not as described" case, the seller is responsible for the return shipping in most cases. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

@lovemykindle wrote:

Go back to the return and look at the reason then. And what did eBay tell you about return shipping? If the return was approved they either offered you a label at your expense or they gave you a prepaid label. Time is of the essence here since you’ve missed the return by date!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

It closed and I tried to reopen. I was unable so I asked them if call.  I’ll have a CNA answer and talk to eBay. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Though this closed, I can’t refile as it says an action is in progress. 

So im stuck with a defective item and the seller got away with it 

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Sounds like you blew it, sorry.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Ebay will not contact you.  You need to contact them, sorry.

IMO the seller is right.  Insulated double wall cup does not infer that it keep things hot and cold for hours.  The listing never specified how long it was last, your assumptions don't count as you are asking for something that is not in the listing and that is violation.  Inferring is in the eyes of the beholder, and the seller is not obligated to meet your assumptions, only what the listing states.

IF the item leaks, then you open a not as described case and the seller pays return shipping.

But with all due respect, you need to not read things into listings that are not there.  The listing did not promise you what you expect.  If you wanted to know how long it kept things hot or cold, then you either research that further or you ask the seller, and you dont' buy until you get an answer.  That is part of the buyer's due diligence that you are expected to do before you purchase.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@lovemykindle wrote:

Sorry but you are not in limbo and you do not need a rep.  Check the case and you will see what reason you chose.  You have 5 days from opening the case to return the item.  You need to print the label, pack the item, attach the label, and arrange for a USPS pick up online.  When tracking shows the seller received the item, you will get a refund.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@lovemykindle wrote:

It closed and I tried to reopen. I was unable so I asked them if call.  I’ll have a CNA answer and talk to eBay. 

Sorry but you can't re open.  Now you would have to file with Paypal and you would be required to pay the return shipping through them.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Sorry but you needed to follow the instructions in the case if you wanted a refund.  That is how it works.  IF you didn't return, the case closes.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@lovemykindle wrote:

Though this closed, I can’t refile as it says an action is in progress. 

So im stuck with a defective item and the seller got away with it 

You can never refile once the return is closed. You can only appeal a decision.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Well, persistence pays off. I filed with PayPal and eBay. eBay declined since PayPal was handling it. 

Received a full refund and wasn’t told to return item. I stuck it in a drawer behind medical supplies in case I’m asked to return it. January 1 I’ll throw it away. 

So, to those that said I’m out of luck, handled it wrong, didn’t do things right or other comments (snarky), I’ll just say “neener neener neener”!!

Sometimes it pays to not give up when you feel you’re right, no matter how many doors are shut in your face.   My $7.95 would have been taken as a loss when I earned six figures a year.   $100 items were tossed. Wasn’t worth the time to argue. Now that I’m disabled and on SSDI,  every penny counts.  This guy may rip off others who won’t bother to take time to dispute sheer theft. Not me. As painful as it was to repeatedly type emails about this, in the end, I won. 

At times, us ladies need to grow a pair!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

We've completed our review and decided this case in your favor.

Due to the unique circumstances of this case, PayPal is issuing you this refund at no cost to your seller. You will receive a  refund. The refund amount should reflect in your PayPal balance within 5 business days, if not sooner. If you paid with a credit card, the money will be refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply